Follow

Doctor Octopus

Character » Doctor Octopus appears in 2433 issues.

Doctor Octopus is a supervillain originating from Marvel Comics. A former nuclear physicist and atomic researcher, Otto Octavius' life changed forever when one of his experiments went horribly wrong involving his four mechanical appendages used to assist him in his experiments. From then on, Octavius soon after his initial encounter has become one of the most dangerous supervillains in the Marvel Universe.

Anyone else tired of Amazing Otto-Man already?

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And why is he getting the Alex Ross outfit? I remember this outfit as being the unlockable Alex Ross designed outfit in the videogame for the first Spider-Man movie.

Also, anyone tired of this cliche bodysnatching story already? Let's wrap it up already and get doc out and pete back in...all it would take it walking by a single telepath (Convenient that Emma lost her telepathy, but there's countless others), or one of the symbiotes coming in contact with thim, not to mention the fact that he's so wildly out of character that everyone should immediately recognize that's not Peter Parker, especially since there's been Spider dopplegangers MANY times before...

This whole story has just been dumb solely because there's no real way it could carry on this long. He doesn't even ACT or TALK like Spider-Man or Peter Parker.

Avatar image for jeronimogarlandbanks
    jeronimogarlandbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it really quite drawn out and I'm worried on whether this sticks or not. Now I think it would great once it's over like if Peter kinda gets one of those actuall little conscience to annoy him. It would be great if it was Otto. I think it will progress the Peter a lot faster too since it would combine their intellect in seperate and shared fields. It would get him closer to being a more mature and more official genious that could eventually out do others of the sort like doom and Richards. Hence making him a " superior spider-man" I don't mind this change for now but it must be reverted soon. I mean Peter literally just ended in the previous storyline ends of earth really well, I finally felt Peter had just cemented a new chapter in his life and thn marvel just goes like: " lol... Nope! I think it also doesn't make sense that Peter just beat the whole sinister six in the ends of earth just to be beaten by a even weaker Otto. I mean this would've made more sense chronologically to me to have happened as an end result of the ends of earth. Like it would've made sense if Otto had one at the end but in peters body then since he was in peters body he ends his plan and then it could've been more of gradual change for a permanent change to the series. I think they should keep Parker alone they already got rid of him in the ultimate series I don't want them to go any farther or might give up in the spider side of marvel altogether, and that's saying something since I consider him the best character in comics period. Honestly marvel ( and Stan lee ) how could you.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By PunyParker

Me,me!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By youmessinwithme
    TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOh, OOh, I'm tired. But seriously though, I miss spidey.

CIN.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It shouldn't have lasted this long

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hasn't even been a year yet. If it ended 2 months ago people would be complaining about it ending too soon. Can't please everyone

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have to admit its been close to 20 issues and I just realize now that I have read 18 issues of a comic I simply do not care about the story its not going anywhere fast enough and I am simple not enjoying it. Then again a buddy of mine asked me to name some great Dan Slott stories to read and I was at a lost, I have always found his comic to be entertaining just I guess they never were all that memorable.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't help that there's another EXTREMELY SIMILAR (re: brutal) Spider out in texas at the same time.

Even more so since the Texan spider-man is the same guy who killed Doc the first time around, before his second "death" led to him bodysnatching Pete.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.