Follow

Doctor Mid-Nite

Character » Doctor Mid-Nite appears in 540 issues.

A medical doctor who lost his sight, Dr. Pieter Cross can see spectrums of light in total darkness. He works with the JSA to train the heroes of tomorrow, as well as to use his medical knowledge for unusual cases.

They should do more with this guy.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hit_Monkey

Just picked up his three issue mini series from 1999 for next to nothing (thought it looked quite interesting). I have to say apart from the disjointed and slightly over noirish art work it certainly showed a great character at work and I would love to see Doctor Mid-Nite in another mini or even an ongoing. I really did love reading about what amounted to D.C's answer to Daredevil or a more fallible Batman if you will.

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bearded Justice

yes... yes they should, but they aint gonna 

that series was awesome through and through.  there's a couple JSA classified issues that are devoted to him
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hit_Monkey
    @Bearded Justice:  
    That a fact? You wouldn't know the issues off hand because I would totally be up for the leg work to get a hold of them?? Cheers for the response bud :)
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bearded Justice
    @Hit_Monkey
    Yes I do!  JSA Allstars #6 (not the recent allstars.  this was back in december of 03)  JSA Classified #19, 20   & 23, 24   (those are each two part stories of him)     
    there might be more, but that's all i have
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hit_Monkey

Nice one mate!!!!

Enerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Enerjak

I just hope he's in the DC relaunch.  It's bad enough that the JSA won't be around but at least keep characters like Alan Scott, Star Girl, Fate, Power Girl, and Star Girl.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By shawn87

I was just thinking the same thing myself. I always get excited when I see his character appear in an issue. I was just reading some old Nightwing comics and he showed up to help Nightwing. Get Doctor Mid-Nite an on-going!!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

He is a great character, everyone should have an Owl. DC writers care about their top tier too much. Marvel at least gives some weird characters ongoings

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.