Follow

Kent V. Nelson

Character » Kent V. Nelson appears in 109 issues.

Kent V. Nelson came into possession of the Helm of Nabu, succeeding Hector Hall as the new Dr. Fate. He is the grand-nephew of the original Doctor Fate, Kent Nelson.

Idea for a Doctor Fate DC Showcase animated short

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Darkmount1

I'm assuming many of us have seen the "DC Showcase" animated shorts, which were included with various DC animated films (they featured the Spectre, Jonah Hex, Green Arrow, Captain Marvel/Shazam, and Catwoman). I thought this would've been a great way to test audiences with more lesser-known DC characters, and was disappointed that they wouldn't be making more of the shorts. But, hey, when you've got an idea brewing, you've got to let it out somehow...

In 1975's 1st Issue Special #9, Martin Pasko and Walt Simonson crafted a one-off tale starring DC's greatest super-sorcerer and JSA founder, Kent Nelson, alias Doctor Fate. The story would later be published again in the 1984 reprint mini-series "The Immortal Doctor Fate". The story sees Kent face off with Khalis, a mad ancient Egyptian priest who returns to life as a living mummy in order to use Fate's amulet to remake the world for his master, Anubis, the Egyptian god of the underworld.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=67548#Z5K4lDx8dbvRIQgA.99

My short would be based on that same story, and feature the following actors lending their voices:

-Timothy Dalton as the voice of Dr. Fate/Kent Nelson

-Stana Katic as the voice of Inza Nelson

-Brian Blessed as the voice of Nabu

-Callum Blue as the voice of Khalis

-Jimmy Smits as the voice of Anubis

What do you think?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.