Doctor fate is back

#1 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a heads up for fate fans in case you guys hadnt seen this

EARTH 2 #9
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art and cover by NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT
1:25 B&W Variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT
On sale FEBRUARY 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. The variant cover will feature the standard edition cover in a wraparound format.
• As a new story arc begins, DR. FATE makes his Earth 2 debut!
• Supernatural powers are emerging on Earth 2, and that means new heroes on the scene—not to mention new villains!
• Plus: The debut of the new Wotan!
EARTH 2 #10
On sale MARCH 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
• As Wotan holds The Flash’s mother hostage, Khalid must finally come to terms with his destiny as Doctor Fate!

I have to say im kinda surprised they didnt go with kent nelson

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24433 posts) - - Show Bio

WOO, Now just bring back Wally and we're in business

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

Just a heads up for fate fans in case you guys hadnt seen this

EARTH 2 #9
On sale FEBRUARY 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. The variant cover will feature the standard edition cover in a wraparound format.
• As a new story arc begins, DR. FATE makes his Earth 2 debut!
• Supernatural powers are emerging on Earth 2, and that means new heroes on the scene—not to mention new villains!
• Plus: The debut of the new Wotan!
EARTH 2 #10
On sale MARCH 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
• As Wotan holds The Flash’s mother hostage, Khalid must finally come to terms with his destiny as Doctor Fate!

Im not all that surprised Doctor Fate is relatively unknown to comic fans and there were so many of them that people are probably used to him changing. Im no expert on him but i am really excited to see him come back.

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

Me too. But whatever, as long as this Khalid guy has a cool costume and a cool personality (we already went through a noobish Doctor Fate with Kent V.), I'm OK with this.

#5 Edited by DarkKnight96000 (728 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's his new look

Awesome ain't it.

#6 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Khalid is a popular muslim name bec it is the name of one of the companions of the prophet of Islam. Since Dr Fate has ties to egypt, Khalid is probably an egyptian muslim.

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19460 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnight96000I said:

Here's his new look

Awesome ain't it.

Awesome so glad i picked up all the earth 2's

#8 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: Should I wait for the trades or can I figure it out as I go if I start with this Fate issue?

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19460 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

@AllStarSuperman: Should I wait for the trades or can I figure it out as I go if I start with this Fate issue?

i dont think it will cost you to much to pick up the whole series (roughly $23.47 even less if you buy of ebay). If you pick up 7, 8, and then 9 you will be fine, but you will be missing out because the first arc is awesome.

#10 Posted by ComicStooge (11768 posts) - - Show Bio

I read this as 'Dr Fate is black'. O_o

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.