Could Doctor Druid hold his own title?

#1 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Marvel's original heroes just before the era of Fan4 and Spider-Man. Do you think this old mystic man could sell on his own.
I don't like what they have done with back story of Strange and in battles in Bendisverse Dr Strange became a lame jobber 
but do you think other old Sorcerers can hold sales on their own?

Do you think Marvel could bring back those StrangeTales/Journey into Mystery style comics and have people like Brother Voodoo, Morigan le Faye and Wong guest star?

#2 Posted by Wondra (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, he'd be lucky to have a decent selling mimi.
#3 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel are neglecting magic
I think there's still a gap in the magic/sorcery department, I mean people still love those stories the LOTR trilogy were huge hits and the Harry Potter books sell like crazy

If Druid were marketed a little better than Strange or Voodoo I think his stories might sell even better 
You could have something involving Druid and Clea going into China to face some big Dragon like Fing Fang Foom

The problem is finding a writer who can write good magic stories

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

When was the last time Druid made an appearance? I know his son has been on Nick Fury's Secret Warriors. But I can't think of the last time Dr. Druid has been seen.

#5 Posted by The Gray Fox (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Doctor Druid of Earth-616's last in-continuity appearance was Avengers vol.3 #10-11. But that was a very long time ago...

#6 Posted by keltos (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss DR. Druid. His mini solo title was actually pretty darn cool.
#7 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

The two biggest comic book universes give sorcerers and magic characters the shaft. It doesn't matter how good they are as characters conceptually. Because they inflict the comic book sorcerer's paradox on them because they can't deal with them or write them properly and because they can't give them proper treatment. They fade into obscurity or linger as b-list, background characters with sparse development at best.

It sucks but the Marvel and DC universes are so borked at this moment that little could be done without a complete reboot.

#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he probably couldn't. If he got a good supporting role in a regular book and had a chance to get his face out there, then maybe he could get a mini series

#9 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

give me a clea series and its a biggy for me;D

#10 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people didn't even like Druid on the Avengers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.