Your Favorite Doom Moments?

#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

"Earth's Mightiest Heroes ... BAH!"

So, yeah, this is pretty self-explanatory. Doom is easily the most respectable villain in the Marvel Universe, and he has definitely had his fair sure of badass moments.

What's your favorite? If you've got the time, I'd love it if you provided scans. I'm a little lacking in the Doom department when it comes to comics I own...

#2 Posted by SC (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

This is canon! Oh wait.. no.. no its not. I just like saying d'awwwwh. I'll try and think of more canon moments. Also more in character moments. Maybe...  

D'awwwwh 
Moderator Online
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12591 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

This is canon! Oh wait.. no.. no its not. I just like saying d'awwwwh. I'll try and think of more canon moments. Also more in character moments. Maybe...

D'awwwwh

..............is the mom.......Azula?

#4 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

Doom does not approve of fan-fictional creations involving him, unless he rules the world in them. 
Off to Castle Doomstadt with you!
#5 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
Doctor Doom & Strange
How sweet of Doom
My collection of Doom is finally be putting to some use!!! 
#6 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102: "It displeased me."

No one else can pull that off like Doom can. Loved your collection, mate!

Just quickly, is the Wanda one from the Children's Crusade? I've been considering getting that.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said:

@Dracade102: "It displeased me."

No one else can pull that off like Doom can. Loved your collection, mate!

Just quickly, is the Wanda one from the Children's Crusade? I've been considering getting that.

Thank you!! =D  

Also, yes, I'm 99% sure that was an excerpt from Children's Crusade.
#9 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

LOL

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I have two. Both of them end in his defeat, but it gave me a different perspective on the character.

The fist was when he finally gets to Mephisto's realm and finally makes that bargain he's wanted do do since he was a kid: Get his mom back. He sacrifices Dr. Stranges soul in exchange for hers. Mephisto agrees and then when she's freed, Doom's glad to finally see her again. Then she's told that he sacrificed an innocent soul just to save hers and she disproves. So much so that she actually gets angry at him and refuses to go anywhere. Poor Doom.

The second was the final scene in Waid's "Unthinkable" FF arc. Spoilers for anyone who hasn't read it (and shame on you if you didn't because his run on the FF is the best one ever) but right before Doom is sent to Hell, the last person he talks to is Reed Richards, the dude he blames for pretty much ruining his face. Doom fakes this whole speech about if Richards lets him fall into Hell, he's no more of a hero than Doom is. Reed doesn't buy it because a) he's smart and b) this entire arc was Doom making Franklin and Valeria's life a living hell (quite literally for poor Franklin). So Reed basically tells him to screw himself. Right before Doom falls through the portal, he's all like "Fine, but if I'm going to hell, I'm leaving you the same pain you left on me" and disfigures Reed's face. Really goes to show you that Doom will go to extreme lengths if you wrong him just once.

#11 Edited by Deadknight (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Just had to look through my DOOM image folder and pick some moments.

#12 Posted by VictorVaughn (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadknight said:

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadknight: lol. Doom and Spidey need a Nicktoons show

#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

D'awwwwh

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

#15 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I forget the specifics, as it's been a stupidly long time since I've read it, but there was a Spider-Man comic back in the early 90's. I think, with the help of the Internet, it was issue #350. Anyways, an old thief tries to steal a gem from Dr. Doom. Spider-Man tries to intervene, and Dr. Doom beats him nearly to death without even breaking a sweat. Doom could have easily killed both of them, and yet, his half-cocked sense of honor stopped him. It was a humbling, respectful point because back then, while Spider-Man got his butt handed to him pretty often, it was still an awe-inspiring show of power and ultimately mercy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.