Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3793 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Why is there a purge button?

AmishAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

Edited By AmishAvenger

In FF #2 Reed Richards and family need to fix Dooms brain with a machine that Doom build.  The machine is build to pull Doom's memories and knowledge out of his back up brain.  At a critical point in the transfer Reed is tempted to push a button marked Purge but doesn't when he realizes he is being watched.  A hero's choose to not destory the man who is trusting him with his life.   
    But is this brings up the question why is there a purge button.  Did Doom think hey maybe when I am rebooting my brain i might say nah, forget it i think i want to be a vegitable.  This purge button has come up other times in comics and movies in other shapes and forms.   
    13 ghost, the devil has made a machine to raise hell on earth.  The machine requires 13 ghost to get started but if this one guy sacrifies himself it will stop.  Why would the devil want to stop his own machine. 
    Why does the villian ever put a cancel button on there dooms day devices?  
    Some machine should only have one button, Do. Don't give hero's an option.
    ...there i has blogged
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

LOL

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By xkoenig

Hilarious, and I totally agree. That was my first thought when I saw that page. Like, why the hell would Reed or Doom add that as an option? Successfully complete operation, OR totally ruin my brain forever? Hmmmm....

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I FELT THE SAME WAY haha I was like wtf...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.