Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3793 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Who determines these powers?

Trakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Trakx

I mean, Doctor Doom has the power of Radiation and Electricity Control? I don't ever remember that.

Also, Doom is listed as having a "7 Intellect", apparently thus making him omniscient. Well, Doom is DAMN smart, but omniscient?

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Final Arrow

Doom is a strange character when it comes to powers, He is ethier a great scientist or a Master of dark arts or both, It really depends on the writer and universe, In some stories he has out the electrcity of his suit, But the radiation one is new to me!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By warlock360

Doom is smarter than reed reed is said to be the smartest man alive. doom proved to be smarter many times. Prime example capturing Odin and so on... stealing the Silver surfers powers could be the point where he WAS omniscient

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

Ultimate Universe

btw nice Avatar xD

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crazy spidey

LOl victor Van Damme WTF...? when was he called that... ever

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crazy spidey

LOl thnx. OH no wonder I dont know that. Isnt that kinda a blatant rip off of Claude Van Damme...?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Someone has put radiation on all the Fantastic Four too, perhaps they believe that's how they got their powers. Same as when a while ago someone put Genetic Manipulation on nearly all mutants. Noobs.

Trakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Trakx

fesak says:

"Someone has put radiation on all the Fantastic Four too, perhaps they believe that's how they got their powers. Same as when a while ago someone put Genetic Manipulation on nearly all mutants. Noobs."

Alright, then is there a way to remove this? Doom and his "powers" have nothing to do with Radiation.

While I can see this with the Fantastic Four, they don't have any control over radiation itself. They don't emit it, they don't control it.

When someone goes to look up a character, they don't want to see a list of fifty different powers - they just want the relevant ones. EVERYONE has Unarmed Combat, but I think we all agree that this "power" should only be listed with individuals who have shown to have some sort of skill or natural ability in it. Wolverine, yes, Franklin Richards, no.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I think the radiation has to do with his nuclear-powered suit

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Trakx says:

"fesak says:
    "Someone has put radiation on all the Fantastic Four too, perhaps they believe that's how they got their powers. Same as when a while ago someone put Genetic Manipulation on nearly all mutants. Noobs."
    Alright, then is there a way to remove this? Doom and his "powers" have nothing to do with Radiation. While I can see this with the Fantastic Four, they don't have any control over radiation itself. They don't emit it, they don't control it. When someone goes to look up a character, they don't want to see a list of fifty different powers - they just want the relevant ones. EVERYONE has Unarmed Combat, but I think we all agree that this "power" should only be listed with individuals who have shown to have some sort of skill or natural ability in it. Wolverine, yes, Franklin Richards, no."

Really? I didn't actually know that all the character bios on this site had unarmed combat. I'm gonna check that out now and laugh at it.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Valkaad

He doesn't have Radiation or Electricity control they should both be removed.

Trakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Trakx

Then how is this done? I don't believe it to merely be a matter of one going unto his page, clicking the edit button, and removing them. Is there a moderator or some site admin to contact? This may all sound trivial, but it is little errors like this that work to debunk the interlining truth to the whole site. While we all enjoy looking up our favorite characters, there are some that we go to looking for more information on - and no one wants to walk away suddenly believing this character to have some sort of power they don't, like Electrical Disruption (why is that a power of its own, by the way?).

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Moderaters are G-Man, Captain Cascader and Red LAMP. They approve any edits for people with less than 1000 points and anyone if they are deleting. Anyone can edit any page. They get a lot of submissions so some things slip the net, that's why it's down to all of us to edit if we see a problem. At the moment, none of the pages are locked (like African Elephants were on wikipedia, thanks Stephen Colbert). One of the reasons the forums are here is so that we can discuss encyclopedia content.

Avatar image for doctor_von_doom
    Doctor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Doctor von Doom

Actually, anyone can edit these powers, but admins then have to remove them. I just removed them, and thus they should be gone when/if an admin approves the changes, which usually takes 0-24 hours.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul

This idiocy still continues? I will do everything in my power and use all of my considerable resources to put a stop to this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.