Who determines these powers?

#1 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, Doctor Doom has the power of Radiation and Electricity Control? I don't ever remember that.

Also, Doom is listed as having a "7 Intellect", apparently thus making him omniscient. Well, Doom is DAMN smart, but omniscient?

#2 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is a strange character when it comes to powers, He is ethier a great scientist or a Master of dark arts or both, It really depends on the writer and universe, In some stories he has out the electrcity of his suit, But the radiation one is new to me!

#3 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is smarter than reed reed is said to be the smartest man alive. doom proved to be smarter many times. Prime example capturing Odin and so on... stealing the Silver surfers powers could be the point where he WAS omniscient

#4 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Universe

btw nice Avatar xD

#5 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

LOl victor Van Damme WTF...? when was he called that... ever

#6 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

LOl thnx. OH no wonder I dont know that. Isnt that kinda a blatant rip off of Claude Van Damme...?

#7 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone has put radiation on all the Fantastic Four too, perhaps they believe that's how they got their powers. Same as when a while ago someone put Genetic Manipulation on nearly all mutants. Noobs.

#8 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Someone has put radiation on all the Fantastic Four too, perhaps they believe that's how they got their powers. Same as when a while ago someone put Genetic Manipulation on nearly all mutants. Noobs."

Alright, then is there a way to remove this? Doom and his "powers" have nothing to do with Radiation.

While I can see this with the Fantastic Four, they don't have any control over radiation itself. They don't emit it, they don't control it.

When someone goes to look up a character, they don't want to see a list of fifty different powers - they just want the relevant ones. EVERYONE has Unarmed Combat, but I think we all agree that this "power" should only be listed with individuals who have shown to have some sort of skill or natural ability in it. Wolverine, yes, Franklin Richards, no.

#9 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the radiation has to do with his nuclear-powered suit

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Trakx says:

"fesak says:
"Someone has put radiation on all the Fantastic Four too, perhaps they believe that's how they got their powers. Same as when a while ago someone put Genetic Manipulation on nearly all mutants. Noobs."
Alright, then is there a way to remove this? Doom and his "powers" have nothing to do with Radiation. While I can see this with the Fantastic Four, they don't have any control over radiation itself. They don't emit it, they don't control it. When someone goes to look up a character, they don't want to see a list of fifty different powers - they just want the relevant ones. EVERYONE has Unarmed Combat, but I think we all agree that this "power" should only be listed with individuals who have shown to have some sort of skill or natural ability in it. Wolverine, yes, Franklin Richards, no."

Really? I didn't actually know that all the character bios on this site had unarmed combat. I'm gonna check that out now and laugh at it.

#11 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have Radiation or Electricity control they should both be removed.

#12 Posted by Trakx (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Then how is this done? I don't believe it to merely be a matter of one going unto his page, clicking the edit button, and removing them. Is there a moderator or some site admin to contact? This may all sound trivial, but it is little errors like this that work to debunk the interlining truth to the whole site. While we all enjoy looking up our favorite characters, there are some that we go to looking for more information on - and no one wants to walk away suddenly believing this character to have some sort of power they don't, like Electrical Disruption (why is that a power of its own, by the way?).

#13 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Moderaters are G-Man, Captain Cascader and Red LAMP. They approve any edits for people with less than 1000 points and anyone if they are deleting. Anyone can edit any page. They get a lot of submissions so some things slip the net, that's why it's down to all of us to edit if we see a problem. At the moment, none of the pages are locked (like African Elephants were on wikipedia, thanks Stephen Colbert). One of the reasons the forums are here is so that we can discuss encyclopedia content.

#14 Posted by Doctor von Doom (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, anyone can edit these powers, but admins then have to remove them. I just removed them, and thus they should be gone when/if an admin approves the changes, which usually takes 0-24 hours.

#15 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

This idiocy still continues? I will do everything in my power and use all of my considerable resources to put a stop to this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.