Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3793 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

What is Doom like in the comics?

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skulexander

What is Doctor Doom like in the comics? I've read few comics. I'm interested in knowing since when I saw that episode of that Avengers cartoon, The Private War of Doctor Doom. He was so kick-ass in that, taking on the entire Avengers and Fantastic Four teams at once.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

He's awesome.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tomlikesfries

Awesome and bad@ss.

DJ1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DJ1107

FAAAAAAAAARRRR Better then that piece of s*** movie version of him. He owns a country, has magic, doombots, a deep character, has taken the powers of several deities, a tragic past, and is overall a huge badass. He is not some cardboard villain with steel skin, doesn't shoot lightning from his hands, & isn't that douchbag from Nip/tuck.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By reignmaker

@DJ1107 said:

FAAAAAAAAARRRR Better then that piece of s*** movie version of him. He owns a country, has magic, doombots, a deep character, has taken the powers of several deities, a tragic past, and is overall a huge badass. He is not some cardboard villain with steel skin, doesn't shoot lightning from his hands, & isn't that douchbag from Nip/tuck.

Just picked up that Marvel Now Fantastic Four. Hope to see Doom within a year or two. Though I realize he was just in the last storyline that Hickman did apparently.

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skulexander

What's a good series to read with him in it?

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By OmegaHans

@Skulexander: I highly recommend Marvel's Secret Wars, if you ever have the opportunity to read it. It's a classic, but a timeless one.

Also a story called Infinity War, which had him teaming up with Kang the Conqueror.

Books of Doom, by Brubaker.

Finally, any old Fantastic Four books from between 1962 (his origin) to 1985 (John Byrne run) that have him in it, particularly demonstrates his historical greatness.

His recent depictions in the books have in my opinion not been to par, but still, he's Doom. The one and only. There's not too many supervillains in the MU to this day who can match his intelligence, and who is not more feared and yet even respected by heroes and villains alike.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By The Lobster

If you liked him in The Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes Cartoon, You'll Like Comic Book Doctor Doom. They're pretty much exactly the same. Doom is a bit more of a master manipulator and sorcerer in the comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.