Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3789 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Off My Mind: The Fate of Doctor Doom

• 57 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Doctor Doom sure is a sneaky guy. In an almost unthinkable manner, he agreed to work alongside his greatest enemy, Reed Richards, as part of the Future Foundation. In a way, he didn't have much of a choice. While suffering from some brain damage, it was Reed's daughter, Valeria, that secretly went to Doom asking her to help her father. In return, she would come up with a way to fix his intellect.

Doom agreed and did his part. He put aside his evil ways and became an active member of the FF on various missions. When the world was in danger by the coming of the Celestials, Doom was needed to cause a distraction so that the rest of their plan could play out. It appeared that Doom did indeed do his part and the cost was his life.

No Caption Provided

In the latest issue of FF, issue #16, the fate of Doom is hinted at. There will be some spoilers for FF #16 so be sure to read the issue to see the aftermath of the recent events.

== TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided

When Doom was prepared to play his final role, Valeria was there with her "uncle" moments before. It turns out she had some final words for him. She asked him to find a way to stay alive and that there would be something, a gift for him, that would make it all worth it.

In the other reality where he ended up, he was greeted by nothing but destruction. Coming across the corpse of a member of the Reed Richards Council, he discovered that the skeletal remains of an alternate Reed Richards that had been in possession of the Infinity Gauntlet.

If you recall what this place was like before the destruction, you know that there were certain others there as well. These individuals immediately expressed their allegiance to Doom.

No Caption Provided

It might seem that everything has fallen in Doom's favor but he's not out of the woods just yet. He can't simply travel back as Reed's portal had been destroyed on their side. For someone like Doom, the chances are he'll be able to rebuild it in time. There's also the fact that he has an Infinity Gauntlet. With the…infinite power it possesses, does he even need a portal to travel between realities?

Doom with the Infinity Gauntlet, even if he's been behaving lately is not a reassuring thought. Doom has always been hungry for power. It's surprising he hasn't tried to expand his rule beyond Latveria. Having the Infinity Gauntlet and a world at his disposal along with those that will serve him is a scary thought.

No Caption Provided

But Doom has had this sort of power before. During the original SECRET WARS, he managed to gain pretty much all of the Beyonder's godlike powers. Despite the ability to do anything he could think of, he still managed to set himself up for defeat. Doom may have learned a thing or two since then but having this much power once again most likely won't go well.

There is the possibility that his time with the Future Foundation, especially with Valeria, might have had an influence on him. You have to remember that he was willing to sacrifice himself. There's the likely notion of a leopard not being able to change his spots so the chances of Doom wanting to use the Gauntlet with absolute good intentions would be hard to accept.

What will be next for Doom?

No Caption Provided

We probably won't see him for a bit. He'll be busy in his new world, rebuilding. We've been seeing a lot of Doom lately so it's likely that it's been decided he'll get a short break from comics. He will be back and with the Infinity Gauntlet. He might not be back with the intentions of destroying the world but more likely he'll want to try to make it better. At least in a way he feels it would be better. The Fantastic Four will have quite a time trying to stop Doom and the Infinity Gauntlet. But Doom's greatest weakness is his arrogance. Every time he's gained immense powers, he's lost them. Doom may be in possession of one of the greatest powers in the Marvel Universe but it's likely he will end up losing them when he tries to assert his will upon everything.

thveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thveej

I thought the Gauntlet is only "infinitely" powerful when you use it in its original reality. Not too sure though could be totally wrong.

This FF run has been amazing, and this whole Doom thing just makes it that much more bad ass.

I do hope that Doom stays pragmatic and doesn't go all evil conqueror mode, it seemed like he genuinely cared for Valeria and was pretty loyal to the FF's cause.

I'm not sure if Valeria's gift was the Gauntlet or the "others" maybe even both. It be intresting to see if Valeria was aware of the "others" still being there and obviously willing to give their allegianceto DOOM. The "others" are the real interesting point here in my opinion.

FF is just been too awesome, I wish Marvel pushed it more than they did. I mean AvX might turn out to be good, but that sort of marketing push should have gone with this whole FF run. Hope the good times continue.

WOOOT 1st!

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#2  Edited By Deadcool

Everythinh Hickman has done in The Ultimates and FF/Fantastic Four has been wonderful.

I am so damn happy.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DocFatalis

This arc hasn't made it to France yet. Looks like I'll have to order it now.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Has Doom been cured of his brain damage yet? I don't remember.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordRequiem

Doom is the best, let's keep him in the fray. What will happen to his dear Latveria in his absence I wonder? Whatever decision he makes, I stand by him. HAIL DOOM.

Oedipus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Oedipus_Rex

@royale_with_cheese said:

Has Doom been cured of his brain damage yet? I don't remember.

If he has the infinity gauntlet for the reality that he is actually in, he should be able to repair his brain himself.

Edit: I did a little research and found that the idea that the infinity gauntlet only works in it's own reality came from a DC/Marvel JLA/Avengers book when Darkseid found the gauntlet and it didn't work in his universe. So that might mean that that it's not actually true in the Marvel Multiverse proper.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Oedipus_Rex: So Reed didn't do anything to cure Victor, before he was torn about by the celestials?

Oedipus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oedipus_Rex

@royale_with_cheese said:

So Reed didn't do anything to cure Victor, before he was torn about by the celestials?

I'm pretty sure he didn't since it was Valeria that made the promise to fix him.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Oedipus_Rex: I thought part of the promise was that Reed would also help in trying to repair Doom's intellect? When Hulk came to Doom asking for help, in trying to separate him from Banner, Doom was already wearing his FF outfit, and that was apparently months ago. Hence my dilemma: when and how was Doom cured?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@royale_with_cheese: @Oedipus_Rex: The Gauntlet does only work in the universe it is from. The Council members stated it in the Fantastic Four books.

Doom's intelligence was fixed just before he joined the FF. Reed, Nathaniel and Valeria used Kristoff as a memory back up for him and restored him to his original knowledge level.

thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By thechessclub

@jloneblackheart said:

Doom's intelligence was fixed just before he joined the FF. Reed, Nathaniel and Valeria used Kristoff as a memory back up for him and restored him to his original knowledge level.

This is a good example of why people make fun of us and the comics we read. Just sayin

rouder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rouder

@thechessclub: Dont be silly and try to speak for yourself

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HolySerpent

Might have to read this series

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Baddamdog

So instead of just ruling a county, he's now gonna rule a whole fuckin reality!

Cool.

MrSinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrSinister

Doom with the power of the infinity gauntlet is in itself a pretty high level of badassery. But its important to know that he has TWO. That's it man the story of the Marvel universe is complete .

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By waruikumo

Sometimes I wonder why I never read Future Foundation.

Also wasn't a fully competent Doom active in the latest "Winter Soldier" series?

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
    Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

@MrSinister: that's nothing, you should read the "secret wars: what if?" where Doom keeps the beyonders powers, and later get's the infinite gauntlete aswell.

Doom + classic beyonder + IG > badassery

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @thechessclub

@jloneblackheart said:

This is a good example of why people make fun of us and the comics we read. Just sayin

What exactly is the example? What happened or that I know the answer? Also, it's a pretty detailed, specific event for people who make fun of comics to know about.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By RainEffect

I love that Valeria totally prefers Doom over Reed.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever happened to the Lifeforce powers he stole from Wanda? He has a habit of getting nigh infinite power and not being able to hold on to them.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#21  Edited By pspin

So awesome I hope he is the next big bad guy in the Marvel Universe. Doom is by far the best villain Marvel has.

jubeiyagyuX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jubeiyagyuX

Er...OK is it just me or is everyone just glossing over the fact that he actually gained 2 yes TWO Infinity gauntlets!!

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#23  Edited By BlueLantern1995

My opinion. He will be good for a bit longer. His arrogance will work to show he can be the best Superhero ever. Then he'll go bad. So give him a few more issues, to turn bad, that's what I say.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kingjoeg

I wonder if the parliament of dooms will be picked up at the end of Hickmans Fantastic four run or if he will carry it over to the avengers with him.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Mucklefluga

I stopped picking up FF when they did the bit with the inhumans that just confuaed and bored me. Guess im missin out now tho

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By perry_411

@Mucklefluga: The Recent arc between Future Foundation and the Fantastic four was one of the better reads in years.

raidenexe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By raidenexe

The thing that I am curious about is when the events of Winter Soldier takes place, because Doom is actually an important character in that book right now.

wowylied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wowylied

I have a feeling his return will have some thing like the return of richard in the ultimate universe.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By JonesDeini

@thveej:

Yeah gauntlet only works in its original universe. So as of now it's just a very fancy, pimped out driving glove. I'm sure Doom won't need it to make use of the resources left behind by the council in the space between space. I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets out of there and what he'll do later.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By SupremeHyperion

if it's the infinity band from that reality than they should work fine, might just mean once he gets back to his reality they will become useless? or maybe he wants to just stay in his new found home so he can rule again.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

He's stuck in that other realm for now but he just won't be content. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and with something like the Infinity Gauntlet, it is only a matter of time before he will seek more. Give it time I say, and he shall stop being the goody two shoes and show his true colors once more. Its the lesson of life, you can always trust a dishonest person to be dishonest...honestly..it is the honest ones you must watch out for. And when has Doom ever shown himself to be honest? Seldom if you ask me.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#32  Edited By The Impersonator

Whatever happened to that Doom miniseries? Oh wait....It got doomed. =P

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By JonesDeini

They're useless there. As exhibited in Solve Everything when Grey Reed needed another read to sacrifice himself to open a portal (using his body as a nexus) to his home dimension to make use of his in fending off the Mad Celestials. The location of the council was in a unique plane of existence that hasn't been shown to have it's on infinity gauntlet. But victor being victor I'm sure he'll use what ever tech has survived to find a way back to 616, also I doubt Kristoff will stop trying to free him.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Well, Doom is a King again

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35  Edited By noj

I tried to get into this book after hearing all the praise, but I just HATE the kids, ESPECIALLY Valeria. The only one that I like is Franklin, but even then it didnt make up for just how annoying all the other kids were.

loganchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By loganchild

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AskaniSon295

Howabout the story of "Dr.Victorious" The hero?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DEGRAAF

@LordRequiem said:

Doom is the best, let's keep him in the fray. What will happen to his dear Latveria in his absence I wonder? Whatever decision he makes, I stand by him. HAIL DOOM.

Christoff can lead Latveria

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Whatever happened to the Lifeforce powers he stole from Wanda? He has a habit of getting nigh infinite power and not being able to hold on to them.

im still trying to figure it out myself

@RainEffect said:

I love that Valeria totally prefers Doom over Reed.

What makes you think she chooses Doom over Reed?

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@MrSinister: that's nothing, you should read the "secret wars: what if?" where Doom keeps the beyonders powers, and later get's the infinite gauntlete aswell.

Doom + classic beyonder + IG > badassery

Whats is called or where can i buy this?@MrSinister said:

Doom with the power of the infinity gauntlet is in itself a pretty high level of badassery. But its important to know that he has TWO. That's it man the story of the Marvel universe is complete .

he has two what?

@thechessclub said:

@jloneblackheart said:

I thought it wasnt just a back up i thought he had a deep programming buried within Christoff that gave Doom more than what Christoff has?

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By SpidermanWins

Dr. Doom has the Infinity Gauntlet? Oh, but its ok, its not like he'll turn bad again. Hey what's that over-Oh shhh----

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Doom really has to kill Valeria. She has no right existing. 

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@DEGRAAF: Doom had basically implanted Kristoff with his knowledge and essence in case he was ever killed and he could essentially "live" on afterward. At one point in time, Kristoff believed he was the real Doctor Doom. They rebooted this implant back into Doom, but this seemingly did not erase anything after that point. It would seem Doom's entire memories are intact, just his brain's ability to use the knowledge was damaged. That's the only way I can think of for him not losing memories.

Youngindy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Youngindy21

Isn't Doctor Doom in The Incredible Hulk series right now (Hulk vs. Banner arc). Are these books not in sync or what is the deal?

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By clemj
    @SpidermanWins: that's just what I think
    thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By thechessclub

@jloneblackheart said:

@thechessclub

@jloneblackheart said:

What exactly is the example? What happened or that I know the answer? Also, it's a pretty detailed, specific event for people who make fun of comics to know about.

I made bold what sounded totally ridiculous. And that's coming from a comic book enthusiast. So I can only imagine how stupid that would sound to a non comic book fan. That was all I was commenting on;P

@DEGRAAF said:

@thechessclub said:

@jloneblackheart said:

I thought it wasnt just a back up i thought he had a deep programming buried within Christoff that gave Doom more than what Christoff has?

Oh, that's much better=P I'm sure it sounds less dumb in the story's context but at a glance the whole idea is a bit tough to swallow.

@rouder said:

@thechessclub: Dont be silly and try to speak for yourself

You're cute. I was more or less playing devils advocate.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#45  Edited By Teerack

I think you're forgetting how the Gems work. They only have power over the universe there from. So if doom came back to Earth 616 he wouldn't have a working infinity gauntlet because it's power only works in the universe he found it in. 

@PhoenixoftheTides

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By thatlad

@thveej said:

I thought the Gauntlet is only "infinitely" powerful when you use it in its original reality. Not too sure though could be totally wrong.

I think you're right, I remember in the bridge arc, when the celestials attacked one Reed opened his body as a portal to the 'head' Reed's universe so he could use his infinity gauntlet.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DEGRAAF

@jubeiyagyuX said:

Er...OK is it just me or is everyone just glossing over the fact that he actually gained 2 yes TWO Infinity gauntlets!!

He has two?

@kingjoeg said:

I wonder if the parliament of dooms will be picked up at the end of Hickmans Fantastic four run or if he will carry it over to the avengers with him.

I thought it was stated that the Reeds of the other universes already destroyed the Dooms of their universes

@JonesDeini said:

@thveej:

Yeah gauntlet only works in its original universe. So as of now it's just a very fancy, pimped out driving glove. I'm sure Doom won't need it to make use of the resources left behind by the council in the space between space. I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets out of there and what he'll do later.

I thought The Reeds used their gauntlets in the space outside of space when the Celestial s attacked

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DEGRAAF

@jloneblackheart said:

@DEGRAAF: Doom had basically implanted Kristoff with his knowledge and essence in case he was ever killed and he could essentially "live" on afterward. At one point in time, Kristoff believed he was the real Doctor Doom. They rebooted this implant back into Doom, but this seemingly did not erase anything after that point. It would seem Doom's entire memories are intact, just his brain's ability to use the knowledge was damaged. That's the only way I can think of for him not losing memories.

thats what i was thinking too but once his brain was restored from his back up i dont see how his ability to use knowledge would still be damaged. So is he basically on the same level and Kristoff now?

@Youngindy21 said:

Isn't Doctor Doom in The Incredible Hulk series right now (Hulk vs. Banner arc). Are these books not in sync or what is the deal?

from the sound of it Doom is in FF, Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, and Winter soldier right now. So while he is in an alternate universe he still seems to be in ours as well. Yes they arent in sync.

@Teerack said:

I think you're forgetting how the Gems work. They only have power over the universe there from. So if doom came back to Earth 616 he wouldn't have a working infinity gauntlet because it's power only works in the universe he found it in.

in the last issue of the children's crusade the life force power is too much for him(too much for anyone) and he loses control burning up and becoming scared again, forcing him to relinquish the power or be killed by it.

In the universe he found them in or the universe they were created in bc he found them in a space between universes supposedly and they come from various universes.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kingjoeg

@DEGRAAF: Yes he has two gauntlets you can see in the picture and the comic. The Reeds didn't kill their Dooms. They put collars on them which destroyed their higher brain functions and placed them all in a chamber beneath the council of Reeds building, it says back in issue 571.

jubeiyagyuX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jubeiyagyuX

@DEGRAAF said:

@jubeiyagyuX said:

He has two?

Yup! If you read the comic he does pick up two of them :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.