Is doom related to Dracula

#1 Posted by ithinkitwasyou (682 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember exactly where I read it, but I remember reading that Dr. Doom was a descendant of Dracula. Anyone else read this? I'll let you guys know if I come across the scan I have regarding this.

#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting. Would now like to know myself, so I'm going to keep an eye on this thread in case someone proves it wrong/right.

#3 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@ithinkitwasyou: Ultimate Doom is a descendant of Dracula.

#4 Posted by ithinkitwasyou (682 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85: I never followed the ultimates. so I wouldn't have seen it there.

#5 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Dracula is afraid of Doom in 616. 
And Dracula's real name is Gabriel Belmont. If anyone here knows where I'm getting at. ;)

#6 Posted by ithinkitwasyou (682 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagneticShockwave: nope, don't know what you're getting at here

#7 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
@ithinkitwasyou: In another story in another Universe... Dracula is Gabriel Belmont. 
But in Marvel, Dracula is a creation by Chthon. Dracula, the same Dracula who was enemies with Dr. Strange and the Defenders (Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Namor and others), is afraid of Dr. Doom. If you read their meeting, he wishes to be equals with Doom. I believe it suggest that since Dr. Doom has Principalities more powerful than Chthon. (Dracula is not scared of Dr. Doom's science, but his powerful magic)
#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

@ithinkitwasyou: Ultimate Doom is a descendant of Dracula.

Yea I was going to say this
#9 Posted by ithinkitwasyou (682 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagneticShockwave: Found the Scan, Cynthia Von Doom confirms it...sadly this is only in house of M.

#10 Posted by Paracelsus (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Not likely as Dracula is a nobleman and Doom is from a poor gypsy family( like Magneto) unless he is descended from an illegitimate child of Dracula's!

Terry

#11 Posted by The Impersonator (5592 posts) - - Show Bio

@ithinkitwasyou: Hmmmm. Never heard of it.

#12 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I know for a fact Ultimate Doom is a descendant of Vlad Teppes and I wouldn't be surprised if 616 was as well. Like MagneticShockwave said Dracula is definitely scared of Doom but I doubt this is due to Doom's control over greater mystic principalities than Chthon. Doom's magic is powerful, but he couldn't get the best of Chthon without some serious luck/prep/allies. Well maybe an absolute no is a little strong...Doom might be able to pull it off. But that wouldn't matter because Chthon isn't going to stick his neck out for Dracula any time soon.

#13 Posted by BigCimmerian (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagneticShockwave said:

@ithinkitwasyou: In another story in another Universe... Dracula is Gabriel Belmont. But in Marvel, Dracula is a creation by Chthon. Dracula, the same Dracula who was enemies with Dr. Strange and the Defenders (Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Namor and others), is afraid of Dr. Doom. If you read their meeting, he wishes to be equals with Doom. I believe it suggest that since Dr. Doom has Principalities more powerful than Chthon. (Dracula is not scared of Dr. Doom's science, but his powerful magic)

Can you tell me in which issue is their meeting?

#14 Posted by ithinkitwasyou (682 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: I never read that and I'm not sure of it's accuracy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.