Is Doctor Doom a....communist?

#1 Edited by zandor (831 posts) - - Show Bio

"....???"

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah!

No. He a fascist.

#3 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Hah!

No. He a fascist.

LOL WUT?

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: Or even more specifically; Dr. Doom is an autocrat.

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@agentxx: Or even more specifically; Dr. Doom is an autocrat.

Yeah autocrat sounds about right.

#6 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@PowerHerc said:

@agentxx: Or even more specifically; Dr. Doom is an autocrat.

Yeah autocrat sounds about right.

I look at him more as a Dictator.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

I look at him more as a Dictator.

That's what an autocrat is.

#8 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@PowerHerc said:

@agentxx: Or even more specifically; Dr. Doom is an autocrat.

Yeah autocrat sounds about right.

I look at him more as a Dictator.

Both could be applied as they basically mean the same thing.

#9 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@agentxx said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@PowerHerc said:

@agentxx: Or even more specifically; Dr. Doom is an autocrat.

Yeah autocrat sounds about right.

I look at him more as a Dictator.

Both could be applied as they basically mean the same thing.

But aren't dictators harsher?

#10 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@agentxx said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@PowerHerc said:

@agentxx: Or even more specifically; Dr. Doom is an autocrat.

Yeah autocrat sounds about right.

I look at him more as a Dictator.

Both could be applied as they basically mean the same thing.

But aren't dictators harsher?

Not necessarily it depends solely on the dictator they are the one in power and can be as harsh as they wish.

#11 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:You learn something new everyday ^_^

#12 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: Another user said that to me yesterday.

#13 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:Deja Vu.

#14 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@mrdecepticonleader:Deja Vu.

:)

#15 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@agentxx said:

@mrdecepticonleader:Deja Vu.

:)

#16 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@PowerHerc said:

@agentxx: Or even more specifically; Dr. Doom is an autocrat.

Yeah autocrat sounds about right.

I look at him more as a Dictator.

He is not a dictator.

He actually ruled the world a few times. The 1st two times, he conquered the world made it seem like he's a dictator, but actually he made the whole world better than it was. Same as the other few times he did it. He usually rules the world, makes it better and gives it back to the people. All he really wants is to protect Latveria which his people love him.

Doctor Doom isn't really a bad guy, he's just a character to which most super heroes don't see eye to eye with.

#17 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@agentxx said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@PowerHerc said:

@agentxx: Or even more specifically; Dr. Doom is an autocrat.

Yeah autocrat sounds about right.

I look at him more as a Dictator.

He is not a dictator.

He actually ruled the world a few times. The 1st two times, he conquered the world made it seem like he's a dictator, but actually he made the whole world better than it was. Same as the other few times he did it. He usually rules the world, makes it better and gives it back to the people. All he really wants is to protect Latveria which his people love him.

Doctor Doom isn't really a bad guy, he's just a character to which most super heroes don't see eye to eye with.

Just because Doom is a dictator doesn't make him automatically bad,it just means that's his method of ruling.Presuming that Latveria is a dictatorship thus Doom is a dictator.

#18 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Hah!

No. He a fascist.

That makes sense, not manny commies in comics recently

#19 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

At least he is not into democracy

#20 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:


He is not a dictator.

He actually ruled the world a few times. The 1st two times, he conquered the world made it seem like he's a dictator, but actually he made the whole world better than it was. Same as the other few times he did it. He usually rules the world, makes it better and gives it back to the people. All he really wants is to protect Latveria which his people love him.

Doctor Doom isn't really a bad guy, he's just a character to which most super heroes don't see eye to eye with.

1. That doesn't mean he's not a dictator.

2. No, he's a bad guy through and through. He isn't motivated by the desire to help others, he is entirely motivated by his inferiority complex towards Richards and the desire to tell anyone: "I'm better than you, niener niener niener!" Unfortunately, this also makes him completely ruthless and willing to stomp down on anyone who stands in his way, no matter what his agenda at the time is. The fact that he is intelligent and nuanced enough to know when he should employ force and when diplomacy doesn't make him less evil or less of a bad guy.

#21 Posted by JediXMan (30184 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure he's a fascist.

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:


He is not a dictator.

He actually ruled the world a few times. The 1st two times, he conquered the world made it seem like he's a dictator, but actually he made the whole world better than it was. Same as the other few times he did it. He usually rules the world, makes it better and gives it back to the people. All he really wants is to protect Latveria which his people love him.

Doctor Doom isn't really a bad guy, he's just a character to which most super heroes don't see eye to eye with.

1. That doesn't mean he's not a dictator.

2. No, he's a bad guy through and through. He isn't motivated by the desire to help others, he is entirely motivated by his inferiority complex towards Richards and the desire to tell anyone: "I'm better than you, niener niener niener!" Unfortunately, this also makes him completely ruthless and willing to stomp down on anyone who stands in his way, no matter what his agenda at the time is. The fact that he is intelligent and nuanced enough to know when he should employ force and when diplomacy doesn't make him less evil or less of a bad guy.

tell that to the Panther God
#23 Posted by Night Thrasher (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought he was a socialist...the real kind of socialist, not the kind people try to say barrack obama is.

#24 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@agentxx: Another user said that to me yesterday.

Lol! I think I was that member in the Darth Vader thread. =D

#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@agentxx: Another user said that to me yesterday.

Lol! I think I was that member in the Darth Vader thread. =D

It was yes.

#26 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Samimista said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@agentxx: Another user said that to me yesterday.

Lol! I think I was that member in the Darth Vader thread. =D

It was yes.

Hooray! =D

#27 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

tell that to the Panther God

IIRC the Panther God looked through the future and saw Doom as the only one who actually could do it. Not that he actually would, or would even be willing to do it.

Also? Doomwar made no sense.

#28 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Samimista said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@agentxx: Another user said that to me yesterday.

Lol! I think I was that member in the Darth Vader thread. =D

It was yes.

Hooray! =D

:)

#29 Edited by Nefarious (19515 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a totalitarian. 

#30 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

Fascist.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.