How long is this going to last ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok ok This is one thats been bugging me. But how long before Doom turns Evil again ? We all know its going to happen. So how long do you think it will take Doom to go bad ?

#2 Posted by Husk45 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if Doom is going to turn bad again I hope its soon. I like him better as a bad guy. He is a good villian.

#3 Posted by juicefacekilla (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Matt Fraction get control of Doom since he's primarily a Fantastic Four character? I suppose he could fight the Avengers, but Hickman is writing those books and he's the one who made Doom good.

#4 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he sticks around the good guys for awhile. I like when borderline characters like Doom and Magneto take an extended walk on the side of good. Having them apply their more villainous way of thinking to benefit the heroes can be really fun and interesting.

When Thor and Loki came back from the dead the last time and Loki tried to convince Thor that he/she only wanted to help; I was actually really hoping that Loki was telling the truth. I thought it would've been really interesting to see how Thor handled a Loki who was honestly trying to help him and Asgard, but still doing it in Loki-like ways.

#5 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3243 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman said:

I hope he sticks around the good guys for awhile. I like when borderline characters like Doom and Magneto take an extended walk on the side of good. Having them apply their more villainous way of thinking to benefit the heroes can be really fun and interesting.

When Thor and Loki came back from the dead the last time and Loki tried to convince Thor that he/she only wanted to help; I was actually really hoping that Loki was telling the truth. I thought it would've been really interesting to see how Thor handled a Loki who was honestly trying to help him and Asgard, but still doing it in Loki-like ways.

I agree with this! 100%

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Ok ok This is one thats been bugging me. But how long before Doom turns Evil again ? We all know its going to happen. So how long do you think it will take Doom to go bad ?

Doom is a product of his environment as seen from Books of Doom. Hes a villain but Idk if I would qualify him as evil. Hes saved Captain America before as an act of respect. Hes spared the life of the Hulk, the Sentry and the Fantastic Four before as a sign of respect. He saved Valeria at birth and no matter how cruel and cold he can be I do not suffice that to be the parallel to pure evil. He has a country of PURE Equality (amongst the people) and Peace, he's conquered the world on more than one occasion and given up the power from boredom. His main objective is simple: more. He just wants more. More power, more than the world or Universe gives him, so he takes it. I mean he went to an enemy to ask for help rescuing his mother from Mephisto, that's not evil. Would he have traded the life, yes but Victor has shown to be a man of his word, a man of honor and unprecedented resilience in the face of adversity. So I like this run on him being a good guy but its a means to an end. Alexander the great was considered evil by nearly all of the world for trying to Unite the people and make a mixed super race where ethnicity means nothing. Dooms like that, to me at least.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread it's just my 2 cents

#6 Posted by World_Breaker_Elmo (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCowman said:

I agree with this! 100%

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Doom is a product of his environment as seen from Books of Doom. Hes a villain but Idk if I would qualify him as evil. Hes saved Captain America before as an act of respect. Hes spared the life of the Hulk, the Sentry and the Fantastic Four before as a sign of respect. He saved Valeria at birth and no matter how cruel and cold he can be I do not suffice that to be the parallel to pure evil. He has a country of PURE Equality (amongst the people) and Peace, he's conquered the world on more than one occasion and given up the power from boredom. His main objective is simple: more. He just wants more. More power, more than the world or Universe gives him, so he takes it. I mean he went to an enemy to ask for help rescuing his mother from Mephisto, that's not evil. Would he have traded the life, yes but Victor has shown to be a man of his word, a man of honor and unprecedented resilience in the face of adversity. So I like this run on him being a good guy but its a means to an end. Alexander the great was considered evil by nearly all of the world for trying to Unite the people and make a mixed super race where ethnicity means nothing. Dooms like that, to me at least.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread it's just my 2 cents

I don't like bumping old threads either but this post definately caught my attention. As a Doom fan that has long contested against his portrayal as an evil person this analysis was well written and spot on. Great job!

#7 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3243 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.