Dr. Doom's Costume: Love It or Hate It?

#1 Posted by Replicant0658 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

My friends and I were talking about this and I figured I'd throw it up here. We all know Dr. Doom is a BAMF (badass mother F-er) but what do you think of his appearance?

Personally I love the hood and his actual armor as a whole, hell I'll even let the cape pass, but for whatever reason I just can't seem to find peace of mind about his tunic. I feel the look is a bit out-dated and considering he's a megalomaniacal despot, the whole "skirt" look almost makes him look like a peasant. Also the big belt just isn't doing it for me, I mean sure it holds his gun holster, but he's Dr. Frickin Doom, does he even need a gun?

That being said, what are your thoughts on the movie costume?

COMPLETELY different, I agree, but I dunno, I mean I know the movie went in a completely different direction with the character but for some reason I just really liked his costume! Am I alone in this?

Dr. Doom has been around for AWHIIIIIIIIIIIIILE, and considering most marvel characters have gotten costume makeovers during the years (I mean how many different costumes has Hawkeye had?) is it time to give him an updated look? What do you think? Do you like his original look? How about the movie one?

#2 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie is pure shit and the doom in the movie is made out of that very same shit. I hope Marvel people still have nightmares for authorizing this horror of horrors.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

If you like Doom's movie costume, you have brain damage, and you need to see a doctor.

I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news, OP.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (31206 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

If you like Doom's movie costume, you have brain damage, and you need to see a doctor.

Wasn't as bad as the cloud they called Galactus. Yeah, I realize the purple costume would look weird on the big screen. Just go with a big guy in, maybe, red and black armor (ala Annihilation: Silver Surfer) and maybe remove the helmet.

#5 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

The movie is pure shit and the doom in the movie is made out of that very same shit. I hope Marvel people still have nightmares for authorizing this horror of horrors.

Marvel didn't do that, FF was a sony product.@JediXMan said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Wasn't as bad as the cloud they called Galactus. Yeah, I realize the purple costume would look weird on the big screen. Just go with a big guy in, maybe, red and black armor (ala Annihilation: Silver Surfer) and maybe remove the helmet.

You are right, Galactus being a cloud was idiotic, you know what is a little worse. How DC decided to make Parallax a cloud also, despite the massive failure that Galactus was. Movie makers just don't know how to do it.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (31206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Uno_Oscuro:

Now if they let me be a creative consultant...

#7 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Uno_Oscuro:

Now if they let me be a creative consultant...

I'd watch it. I think they just need to do it themselves. Like Marvel with its recent string of movies. I'm not saying that Thor and Captain America are perfect, because they definitely aren't, but they are huge improvements over what Sony is doing, and they keep getting better. I think DC needs direct control over their movies. So that they can stay true to character. I mean, Nolan did great with Batman, but no one has replicated said success. Maybe Snyder will have some success with Superman?

#8 Posted by JediXMan (31206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Uno_Oscuro:

DC has control of their movies. DC is owned by Warner Bros.

Snyder worries me, but we'll see. I just don't think his style will work for Superman.

#9 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to not care much for it, but I've grown to like it over time.

#10 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

dooms comic costume is awesome. movie was sh*t. the end.

#11 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic one is awesome

#12 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Uno_Oscuro:

DC has control of their movies. DC is owned by Warner Bros.

Snyder worries me, but we'll see. I just don't think his style will work for Superman.

Well, I know that WB owns them, but I wasn't sure if the higher ups at DC have the influence on the film like the ones at Marvel.

#13 Posted by sagejonathan (2011 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cavemold said:

The comic one is awesome
#14 Posted by The Stegman (25455 posts) - - Show Bio
His costume is kinda tacky, movie or comic wise.
#15 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7948 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the comic one, the movie never happened.

#16 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the comic costume. Not so much the movie one.

#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13591 posts) - - Show Bio

Just get rid of his skirt and hell be updated enough. It's 2012, there's no excuse for that now.

#18 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it. It's iconic, badass, and classy all at the same time. Kinda like my legendary square dancing outfit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.