Yes, he is.

#5 Posted by nickzambuto (13661 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Darkseid's amused by this thread.

@Gambit1024 said:

Mmmmmmmmmmm Nope.

Magneto and Joker are.

Thanks for playing ^_^

PUH! Doom laughs in the face of your would-be competitors.

#6 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@tim2081 said:

Yes, he is.

Ultimate Doom is a joke. Ben Grimm was on the verge of pulling his spinal cord out like a string.

#7 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Reed Richards is a superior villain.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a good villain but not the best.

#9 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio
Vader finds your lack of faith disturbing.

For someone to truly be the greatest villian they have to be iconic. The 2 most iconic villians are Vader and Joker and since Vader is a much bigger threat it's definitely him. People like Doom and Darkseid are good villians, but not many people outside of the genre know who they are.

#10 Posted by The Lobster (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

The Greatest....no.....top 5.....yes

#11 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Vader
  2. Joker
  3. Magneto
  4. Doom
  5. Nixon
#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! This thread pleases the Master of Latveria...

#13 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I am a hardcore DC fan, but you are completely correct with your statement.

#14 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Great villain, but really has not had many good showings in years

#15 Posted by nishi99 (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Dr Doom is one hell of a badass.

#16 Posted by gui22 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

@FinnVarra said:

Vader finds your lack of faith disturbing.

For someone to truly be the greatest villian they have to be iconic. The 2 most iconic villians are Vader and Joker and since Vader is a much bigger threat it's definitely him. People like Doom and Darkseid are good villians, but not many people outside of the genre know who they are.

IMO Doom is, in fact, the greatest comic-book (not mentioning beyond) villain to exist. Joker is great, I'd place him 2nd in a list. Magneto would be 3rd.

Your comment failed to realize that Vader was inspired by Doom himself.

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

Ultimate Reed Richards is a superior villain.

No. Ultimate Reed is not a villain.  

F*cking Bendis.  
#18 Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

I just realized that today.

Magneto is the greatest villain

#19 Posted by nickzambuto (13661 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@nickzambuto said:

I just realized that today.

Magneto is the greatest villain

PUH! Doom laughs in the face of your would-be competitors.

#20 Posted by Pwok21 (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal list is:

(1) Doom

(2) Ra's Al Ghul

(3) Dormammu

#21 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

I will admit that Vader has come closer to completing his goals, but I will give the edge to Doom, he is iconic. Every comic fan knows who he is and people outside the industry know him as well. The Thing that makes him truly great is that he does what he does with his mind and he literally challenges the whole planet(at times villains as well). Yea Luthor and Joker do it, but look at how many times they have had to team up or make deals with other villains to take down super hero teams, where as Doom has done it alone (I'm not even gonna touch on him stealing Surfer's powers). He may not be the most powerful, the smartest, or the strongest but come on nobody does it like doom. Heck Doomwar showed that (to bad he hasn't done much sense then)

#22 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

most of the time hes just an arogant idiot. Hes like Sinestro: no matter how MANY times get`s his ass kicket he`s still superior to anyone else.

#23 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate his attitude, like his gusto.

#24 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

OF COURSE he is the best villain.

He has a PHD in Doom!!!

Magneto comes at a very close second.

#25 Posted by nickzambuto (13661 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

I will admit that Vader has come closer to completing his goals, but I will give the edge to Doom, he is iconic. Every comic fan knows who he is and people outside the industry know him as well. The Thing that makes him truly great is that he does what he does with his mind and he literally challenges the whole planet(at times villains as well). Yea Luthor and Joker do it, but look at how many times they have had to team up or make deals with other villains to take down super hero teams, where as Doom has done it alone (I'm not even gonna touch on him stealing Surfer's powers). He may not be the most powerful, the smartest, or the strongest but come on nobody does it like doom. Heck Doomwar showed that (to bad he hasn't done much sense then)

i c wat u did thar

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.