Dr Doom is a joke

#1 Posted by Mr Golden Rod (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl is a dangerous opponent that always seems to be under-estimated by her adversaries. Thanks to that she has defeated villains such as Doctor Doom, Thanos, Deadpool and MODOK among others. He really got beaten by squirrel girl. Why does everyone think he is so great?

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Squirrel Girl will win against anyone. I don't see how this makes Doom any less of a villain or give any less credit to his villainy. 

#3 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

ok think about it this way. what is the more logical thing to happen a god with superstrength pounding down your door with his mystical hammer, or a chick using squirrels to attack you and your underwear. no one would say a chick with squirrels, it doesnt make any sense it defies logical thought processes, it would confuse the **** out of anyone, escpecially a super genuis cause their mind would be unable to contimplate the stupidity before them. ergo doctor dooms brain was to complex to understand the stupidity of what was happening to him, that means the nonsensical plot had only one eventual ending and that would be that doctor doom must lose. 

if that makes any sense what so ever i deserve a ****ing medal...

#4 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69:
here ya go.
#5 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fire-brand said:
" @DH69:

here ya go. "

snff this is the happiest day of my life.
#6 Posted by Fatal (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Golden Rod: You know nothing of Dr. Doom if you believe that him losing to Squirrel Girl makes him a joke.
#7 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

doom is not a joke, squirrel girl is the joke

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24597 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos killed half the universe and even he lost to squirrel girl's almighty PIS  powers

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24597 posts) - - Show Bio

how come when doom gets taken down by squirrel girl he's a joke and wolverine got dropped by a 10 year old girl and he still gets to be a bad ass?

#10 Posted by BaronVonDredd (250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Golden Rod: 
BLAPHESMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#11 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Posted by Mr Golden Rod (141 posts) - - Show Bio

I know of martial artists in real life who do not have any kind of powers that would beat Squirrel Girl. Stop thinking Dr Doom is so great.

#13 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I think squirrel girl is a bit a joke from marvel (beating all those powerfull villains) by the way did she ever beat my favorite villain all times: Loki.

#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Golden Rod said:
" I know of martial artists in real life who do not have any kind of powers that would beat Squirrel Girl. Stop thinking Dr Doom is so great. "
Congratulations. You are, most likely, the ONLY PERSON ON THIS SITE who doesn't like Doom.

Doesn't that make you feel special?
#15 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Everbody must like Doom , he is awesome.

#16 Posted by Retro_Metro (368 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit987 said:
" Everbody must like Doom , he is awesome. "
Must be that green cape, it's has a low value of 19.95!!!
#17 Posted by Edamame (27935 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Mr Golden Rod said:
" I know of martial artists in real life who do not have any kind of powers that would beat Squirrel Girl. Stop thinking Dr Doom is so great. "
Congratulations. You are, most likely, the ONLY PERSON ON THIS SITE who doesn't like Doom.  Doesn't that make you feel special? "
lol
#18 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit987 said:
"Everbody must like Doom , he is awesome. "

Of Course!!! If Someone Didn't like him... The Great and Powerful Stan Lee will be Angered.
#19 Posted by Mr Golden Rod (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Dr Doom everybody's role model?

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Golden Rod: you're just not getting the joke honestly of course she shouldn't be able to beat doom everyone knows that nor should she win most of the fights she has won 
#21 Posted by MrDirector786 (43390 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom is one of the greatest villains there is.

#22 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not Doom's fault that he can't defeat one of the greatest forces in the universe. But seriously that doesn't lessen him.

#23 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom is the man. Squirrel Girl is a b..tch.

#24 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
" @Fire-brand said:
" @DH69:
here ya go. "
snff this is the happiest day of my life. "
LOL
#25 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

HAIL DOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (everybody hail him)

#27 Edited by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

SG is the joke.  Nothing in her power set allows her to do the things she has done 

She should fight Brother Voodoo in the south and I hope Voodoo wins and makes a squirrel jacket out of her.
#28 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7566 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" Because Squirrel Girl will win against anyone. I don't see how this makes Doom any less of a villain or give any less credit to his villainy.  "
#29 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 Posted by JeffreyBrown (51 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212:  dooms vengeance will not be inpeded by a meek  little mutant who could use nature as her weapon .
now doom will fix a deli sandwich and go watch my life time soaps. 
#31 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

You've mentioned in the OP, that she's beaten Galactus, Thanos etc. and yet Doom is the only one who is a joke? Squirrel Girl is a joke character who doesn't lose to anyone. That's her gimmick. Either you're a troll or really slow.

#32 Posted by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

Just by the fact that he was able to be in the presence of the mighty Squirrel Girl makes him even more epic then he already was :P

#33 Posted by Serpent (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl is just a joke.  You are not meant to take it seriously, its just a writers dig at the fanboy base.

#34 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1 said:
" HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
#35 Posted by logan48227 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#36 Posted by Edamame (27935 posts) - - Show Bio
@logan48227 said:
" HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
#37 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit987 said:
"Everbody must like Doom , he is awesome. "

@gambit987 said:
"HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

he is very awesome .
#38 Posted by Mr Golden Rod (141 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000:  I just was attempting to make people feel bad by them liking Dr Doom so much. Everybody I have encountered on Comic Vine always trolls when Dr Doom is in a battle.
#39 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

HAIL DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Golden Rod: thats pretty much the definition of trolling
#41 Posted by nightcrawler1212 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

squierell girl is ajoke to marvel dr doom is a beast villian
#42 Posted by Mr Golden Rod (141 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000:  What are you talking about? I don't recall her beating Galactus. I read her bio on Comic Vine.
#43 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Hail Doom! Resistance is Futile!

#44 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is awesome.

Fail thread is fail.

#45 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

you do realize Squeirll girl can solo the living tribunal right? XD

#46 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" how come when doom gets taken down by squirrel girl he's a joke and wolverine got dropped by a 10 year old girl and he still gets to be a bad ass? "
When did this happen, and what happened?
#47 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird said:
"When did this happen, and what happened? "
It happened in Runaways vol. 2 #12. Molly Hayes took him out, because she felt threatened, and Wolverine was unaware of her powers. She punched him out of a church and into a snowbank across the street.
#48 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" how come when doom gets taken down by squirrel girl he's a joke and wolverine got dropped by a 10 year old girl and he still gets to be a bad ass? "
To be fair to Wolverine, she's 12.  XD
#49 Posted by joshmightbe (24597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: still one of my favorite scenes ever
#50 Posted by PowerHerc (81452 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom has been used as a jobber a lot over the years, which might explain why some see him as a joke.  This is unfortunate.  Dr. Doom is most assuredly not a joke. 

He's cool.  He's bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.