Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3794 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Dr Doom a good guy??

Tid437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tid437

I have just seen some pics of Dr Doom as a good guy. Can somebody please elaborate on this? Surely it’s a temporary truce?

Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Walker696

long story short he had to make a deal with Reed to cure himself of something

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

He had brain damage so he lost a lot of his intellect, so he made a deal with the future foundation to have his brain repaired in exchange for him joining the Future Foundation and helping them out with taking down this group of evil alternate reality Reed Richards. At the end of the arch he's trapped in another dimension with his own infinity gauntlet.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Video_Martian

@Teerack said:

He had brain damage so he lost a lot of his intellect, so he made a deal with the future foundation to have his brain repaired in exchange for him joining the Future Foundation and helping them out with taking down this group of evil alternate reality Reed Richards. At the end of the arch he's trapped in another dimension with his own infinity gauntlet.

What he said...

LevukaR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LevukaR

I think he is a good guy, but he does bad things for a greater good.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By The Lobster
    @LevukaR said:
    I've always thought that too.  But I don't think he's a good guy. He's not even really an anti-hero....it's like one step above bad guy but one step below anti-hero....what would you call that?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he take a poor down on it's luck nearly dead country like Latveria and turn it into a thriving clean and well behaved part of the world. That's a good thing. The problem is that he created this good thing by basically taking away the free will of everyone who lived there. Nobody is allowed to have differing opinions because if they do then Doom would kill them. Sure it's peace, but it's peace created in a negative fashion. 

His ultimate goal is good, but his thoughts and methods to getting to it are bad.
    LevukaR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LevukaR
    @The Lobster said:
    @LevukaR said:
    I've always thought that too.  But I don't think he's a good guy. He's not even really an anti-hero....it's like one step above bad guy but one step below anti-hero....what would you call that? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he take a poor down on it's luck nearly dead country like Latveria and turn it into a thriving clean and well behaved part of the world. That's a good thing. The problem is that he created this good thing by basically taking away the free will of everyone who lived there. Nobody is allowed to have differing opinions because if they do then Doom would kill them. Sure it's peace, but it's peace created in a negative fashion.   His ultimate goal is good, but his thoughts and methods to getting to it are bad.
    Well if people think ti prosper quickly then need someone to rule them with iron fist. Whatever other said dictatorship is a good think for industry, if it is the dictators goal. Hitler took Germany when it was very weak and made one of world's super forces at the beginning of the war. So Doom did something similar but he didn't start war with a half of the world he just isolated the contry.
    Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Teerack: Sounds fun! Can you tell be what book(s) this arc takes place in and what issue(s) starts the arc?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

@Onemoreposter: it;s a pretty long arch. It goes from FF 1 - FF 16

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Teerack: Awesome, thank you.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I don't beleve this... Why dose Marvel keep distroying everything good. First One More Day then the death of the Human Torch and now Doom is a good guy. Oh and to make things werse he is getting married to the Scarlet Witch.

Titan1930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DH69

Dr Doom is a hard egg to crack, the easist way to put it would be that he's a bad guy that occasionally does good things to serve his needs but it goes deeper than that.

But in the pics ur talkin about, he made a temporary agreement with reed and val to heal damage that had been done to his brain during a part of hulks previous series.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KnightRise

He'd be a f*cking terrifying hero

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.