Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3793 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Doomwar

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rbysjti

No Caption Provided

who can you spot in the picture???

Marvel Heroes Go to War Against Doom
    Jonathan Maberry and Will Conrad discuss DoomWar, the culmination of the feud between Black Panther and Doctor Doom.
    by Richard George & Jesse Schedeen

October 12, 2009 - Doctor Doom has been a busy little bee lately. After being eaten by prehistoric sharks and returning to the present to overthrow the self-titled Marquis of Death, Doom has settled himself firmly in the events of Dark Reign. While maintaining an alliance with Norman Osborn, Doom has also taken the entire kingdom of Asgard into his home. Given Loki's involvement and Doom's own nature, you can bet the good doctor's plans are anything but benevolent.

While that conflict will play out in the pages of the recently-announced Siege mini-series, Doom has other battles brewing as well. Doom kicked off the newest volume of Black Panther by seriously injuring T'Challa and forcing T'Challa's sister Shuri to take over the mantle of Black Panther. Now T'Challa and his family are hungry for payback. They're taking the fight to Doom, but they have an army of friends to help them out.

This is the premise of DoomWar, a mini-series set to debut next February. The series will be helmed by the entire Black Panther creative team – writer Jonathan Maberry and artists Will Conrad and Ken Lashley. We talked to both Maberry and Conrad to find out more about this mini-series. What are the stakes in DoomWar? How does it connect to Siege? What will be the fate of the ongoing Black Panther series? What he heck brought Deadpool into this fight? Maberry and Conrad answered these questions and several more.

IGN Comics: Today you are announcing DoomWar, a limited series event that brings together a wide section of the Marvel Universe to combat Doctor Doom. What else can you tell us about the concept of this storyline? And this is a storyline that encompasses the entire Marvel Universe, correct?

Jonathan Maberry: Doctor Doom has plagued most of Marvel's heroes at one time or another. His plots and schemes are wildly inventive and destructive, he has no trace of compassion or pity, and he really does have a megalomaniacal belief that he should rule the world. To accomplish this he's done untold harm, and for some of Marvel's heroes enough is damn well enough.

The X-Men, Fantastic Four, and the ruling house of Wakanda (the current Black Panther, Shuri, and T'Challa, the former Panther) team up to wage total war on Doom. This war will be fought on several fronts, and the stakes are very high. Doom has an agenda that could result in him becoming the most powerful and destructive force on earth. And it's very likely that he'll succeed unless hard choices are made and desperate actions taken.

IGN Comics: Doom has been rather bold in some of his recent efforts, most notably setting his sights on Asgard and Wakanda. Is there a new development here that forces the heroes to react?

Maberry: Doom's move here is separate from the other plots and plans he has cooking. And that's part of the problem with Doom: he never has a single agenda.

In DoomWar we'll get to see something that hasn't previously been shown: Doom's support network. For him to run all of his complex schemes he has to have a lot of people working for him and with him. We'll see some of them, and it's chilling to realize how strong his power base truly is. Our heroes have their work cut out for them.

Will Conrad: From my end, the simple fact that he threatened Wakanda was reason enough for the Black Panther to react. And knowing of the bounding friendship between the heroes, and considering what Doom has done to other places, it just makes sense to me that they would reunite the forces to put an end to his evil acts.

IGN Comics: Given that this spans so many franchises and heroes, we wonder how it affects what's happening in Siege or Second Coming or any other number of titles. Will we see a "cross-pollination" of sorts or does this really stand on its own? Specifically regarding Siege, how will these two stories operate since both seem to deal directly with Doom's actions?

Maberry: This story fits between Siege and Second coming, overlapping them both a bit but running independent of them. But, like both of those stories, there will be repercussions for the whole Marvel U.

IGN: Jonathan, how closely does this story spin out of recent events in Black Panther? If fans are looking for the genesis of the mini-series, is that where they should look? What other stories will this build from?

Maberry: That's a tricky question because this story thread does in fact roll out of the current arc I'm writing, but the overall story isn't a 'Black Panther' story anymore than it's an 'X-Men', 'Fantastic Four' or 'Deadpool' story. It's a Marvel Universe story.

That said, there are threads of this that go back to Civil War, Secret Invasion and Dark Reign, but the foundation of DoomWar plays off of recent events in Black Panther. Does that mean readers have to know about the events in the Panther book? No. Anyone can step into DoomWar, and what they don't know, we'll tell them. It's like World War Hulk in that regard. It's a good stepping-on point, and it'll read like a standalone. However, for anyone who has been following the Black Panther, there will be some familiar themes and set-pieces.

Probably the most important thing to know is that in Black Panther #1, Doom ambushed T'Challa and nearly killed him. Storm risked her life to bring T'Challa back from Limbo. In Black Panther #7 (my first issue as regular writer), I establish that T'Challa has not told anyone who attacked him, and he appears to have withdrawn from his wife, his family and his people. As a result of his injuries he is no longer able to serve as Black Panther or King of Wakanda. Instead he's walking a very dark path into alchemy and other arcane sciences in order to prepare for a personal revenge on Doom. While he's recovering, his sister Shuri has become the new Panther and the Princess Regent of the country.

IGN Comics: What determined the guest stars in this series? Black Panther and the FF are rather obvious, but what do characters like Wolverine and Deadpool have to do with Doom?

Maberry: Wolverine is one of Storm's oldest friends, and as DoomWar opens, Storm is in deadly peril. T'Challa needs help to rescue her and he appeals to the X-Men for some muscle. Wolverine needs very little urging to join a brawl. Other X-Men will play roles as well, and they'll do so for a variety of reasons we'll unfold in the book.

As for Deadpool…he's been offered a lot of money to join a black ops 'wetworks' team that forms one arm of the war on Doom. Deadpool gets to kill a lot of people and make money, and he gets to hang out with a whole squad of insanely beautiful warrior women. Of course he's involved.

IGN Comics: At the end of Mark Millar's recent Fantastic Four run, Dr. Doom emerged more powerful than ever. How much will that development affect our heroes' efforts?

Maberry: That doesn't play into this story. Doom's pretty badass as it is, and he's working on something that will amp up his powers by an order of magnitude.

IGN Comics: With so many events happening in various franchises, can we expect any tie-ins or affiliated one-shots?

Maberry: Anything's possible.

IGN Comics: Will – this event is effectively giving you and Ken the keys to the kingdom. What excites you most? Any particular characters you've been dying to tackle since you started at Marvel?

Conrad: In my case, I was so thrilled to be working on Black Panther, and all the guests we already had on the book were like the icing on the cake. I pretty much like to draw any Marvel character that is thrown at me, considering that each of them has his own details and nuances. I think it's going to be great to draw more of Dr. Doom and explore his visuals a little more, and as for the other guests... Well, it's going to be like having a party with a lot of dear friends

IGN Comics: We can't help but notice the entire creative team behind Black Panther is involved with this mini-series. How will that impact the production of Panther? Is the BP series going on a hiatus during this storyline?

Maberry: The BP series needs to step back while DoomWar runs, and for good reasons that will become apparent during the series. But, believe me, we'll be back with a vengeance when DoomWar is over. The whole Panther world is going to be irrevocably rocked by this event.

IGN Comics: Is there anything else you guys would like to add regarding DoomWar?

Maberry: John Romita, Jr. is doing the covers, and I've already seen the cover of issue #1. It's powerful and chilling.

DoomWar will be a lot of fun, the story is fast-paced and wild, and people will be talking about it-before, during and very definitely after.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/103/1034338p1.html
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I hope Doom takes over Marvel Earth and just kicks massive @$$

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rbysjti
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " I hope Doom takes over Marvel Earth and just kicks massive @$$ "
    I don't like the idea.",)
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @rbysjti said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    I don't like the idea.",) "
    I don't care
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

If you wanted to make this about Storm, then you could have just pasted the info regarding her role.  There's no need to post everything in the Storm forum.  Since this is Dr Doom's Doomwar, we'll move it over to his forum.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

If you wanted to make this about Storm, then you could have just pasted the info regarding her role.  There's no need to post everything in the Storm forum.  Since this is Dr Doom's Doomwar, we'll move it over to his forum.

"
    Think of whom you are talking too Xerox the person who thinks Storm is above TOAA
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hadrelius
    @rbysjti:
    I'm looking forward to it. Big fan of Doom and of Black Panther. Being two kings and Doom being Doom, you would think they would clash more often.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is just a deal to promote the new Black Panther. the story has already been set.
    she''ll beat Doom and her status will be elevated. i like the Panther books, but i dont
    like that they downplay every hero and villain they through in the story just to spotlight her.
    its bad form.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Where as i like the idea of 'Doomwar' the title does excite one, it has Deadpool in it so there for i've almost lost interest.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " this is just a deal to promote the new Black Panther. the story has already been set. she''ll beat Doom and her status will be elevated. i like the Panther books, but i dont like that they downplay every hero and villain they through in the story just to spotlight her. its bad form. "
    I actually think Shuri is going to be killed off.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "she''ll beat Doom and her status will be elevated"
    It's called Doomwar.  It's about Doctor Doom waging war with the Marvel Universe.  So I severely doubt that it'll be Storm to 'beat Doom'.  And she's already been a Goddess and now a Queen.  It's not like she needs her status elevating much further :p 

TBH, the who thing smells like a cheap-arsed Secret Wars III.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "this is just a deal to promote the new Black Panther. the story has already been set. she''ll beat Doom and her status will be elevated. i like the Panther books, but i dont like that they downplay every hero and villain they through in the story just to spotlight her. its bad form. "
    How have they been downplayed?  The recent issue had her in good form, as well as the other heroes.   

@Gambler said:
    " @CATMANEXE said:
    " this is just a deal to promote the new Black Panther. the story has already been set. she''ll beat Doom and her status will be elevated. i like the Panther books, but i dont like that they downplay every hero and villain they through in the story just to spotlight her. its bad form. "
    I actually think Shuri is going to be killed off. "
    STFU!!!!!  No, NO!!  BAD GUMBY! BAD! 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @CATMANEXE said:
    "she''ll beat Doom and her status will be elevated"
    It's called Doomwar.  It's about Doctor Doom waging war with the Marvel Universe.  So I severely doubt that it'll be Storm to 'beat Doom'.  And she's already been a Goddess and now a Queen.  It's not like she needs her status elevating much further :p  TBH, the who thing smells like a cheap-arsed Secret Wars III."
    I think he was talking about Shuri, not Storm.  : )
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @AtPhantom: LOL! Probably.  I thought I was replying to rbysjti... the only 'she' he talks about is Storm ;)
    Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hm interesting... 
    So Doom is trying to take over Asgard and Wakanda? 
    Did i read that right? 

Sorry I dont follow BP or Doom....

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF

sounds like a good idea to me, i think he should become the scientist supreme as well as the sorceror supreme at the same time too.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@White Mage said:
    " @CATMANEXE said:
    "this is just a deal to promote the new Black Panther. the story has already been set. she''ll beat Doom and her status will be elevated. i like the Panther books, but i dont like that they downplay every hero and villain they through in the story just to spotlight her. its bad form. "
    How have they been downplayed?  The recent issue had her in good form, as well as the other heroes.   

i didnt say Shuri was downplayed. her guest stars are though. but the Storm threads have this topic discussion in several places. i already gave you an explanation in that thread. but i can re-explain by panel per issue if needed. or does characters like Hydro-man and Porcupine stomping on the F4 and Namor not constitute downplayed? nor Reed being surprised and amazed by radio scrambling and cloaking technolgy? luckily Shuri was there to save the day and lead them to victory, then swore war (her, no one else) on Doom. its called nerfing.
    make one character look less than usual in order to make anohter, Shuri in this case look cool. i dont like the tactic. i do like Shuri's character though, but think she deserves a little better writing than that. she had it in her first couple appearances. 

@AtPhantom:
    yes, i was reffering to Shuri. its her book after all. lmao. no really it is, look at the covers.
    note which character is in the center of the promo image above. Marvel has always been a little
    too generous on their foreshwadowing and masking.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @White Mage said:
    " @CATMANEXE said:

i didnt say Shuri was downplayed. her guest stars are though. but the Storm threads have this topic discussion in several places. i already gave you an explanation in that thread. but i can re-explain by panel per issue if needed. or does characters like Hydro-man and Porcupine stomping on the F4 and Namor not constitute downplayed? nor Reed being surprised and amazed by radio scrambling and cloaking technolgy? luckily Shuri was there to save the day and lead them to victory, then swore war (her, no one else) on Doom. its called nerfing.
    make one character look less than usual in order to make anohter, Shuri in this case look cool. i dont like the tactic. i do like Shuri's character though, but think she deserves a little better writing than that. she had it in her first couple appearances.  

@AtPhantom: yes, i was reffering to Shuri. its her book after all. lmao. no really it is, look at the covers. note which character is in the center of the promo image above. Marvel has always been a little too generous on their foreshwadowing and masking. "
    I see now.  However, I still liked when she re-directed hydroman's powers towards Namor, and he uppercutted him while saying "Imperious Rex".  That was funny to me...............................I hated her butterfly wings though. 
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Static Shock
    @Gambler said:
    " I actually think Shuri is going to be killed off. "
    LOL. To be honest, her character doesn't have much significance. Before Hudlin took over Black Panther, Shuri didn't even exist in Marvel, and T'Challa never had a sister at the time. Hudlin just tossed her in as if she's always been there. >_<
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mavfan626

YEAH! Deadpool!!

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Manchine

Boo Deadpool.  =)

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " Where as i like the idea of 'Doomwar' the title does excite one, it has Deadpool in it so there for i've almost lost interest. "
    Yeah well, i picked it up today and loved it so im just gonna have to suffer the Deadpool part now :P
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Edamame said:
    "When exactly does the second issue come out? "
    March 17, 2010
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @War Killer said:
    "@Edamame said:
    "When exactly does the second issue come out? "
    March 17, 2010 "

YAY!!
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By glforthewin
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Edamame said:
    " @War Killer: How many issues will be released for Doomwar?   Will they come out every 2 weeks?   Thanks. "

It is a 6 issue mini-series that will come out every month, issue 2 came out today.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Edamame said:
    " @War Killer: Okay. So four more issues of Doomwar and that is it.  It must conclude quickly then.  "
    #3 comes out Apr 14, 2010, #4 comes out on May 19, 2010. (But note that Marvel may change the dates because they love screwing with us and changing the dates at the last minute...) 

I won't spoil anything, but #1 sets the whole story up and kicks it off with a bang, and everything else is Doom vs FF, X-Men, Panthers, and DP and then I'm guessing some big battle in #6 or something.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Edamame said:
    " @War Killer: So # 6 is the last issue of Doomwar right?   Sweet.  : ) "
    Yep, while the Avengers are off dealing with Osborn in Siege, the rest of the Marvel U are fighting Doom.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Edamame: Um, no. It's all Doom and him wanted to take over the world, a classic villain plot which I think is perfectly fine.
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bioghost

agree the tone in this book fit perfect on a nation that is ready to go off.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

#1 went off with a bang. But for me #2 didn't get to that same feel of awesome like in the first issue for some reason, I'm hoping that when the Fantastic Four and Deadpool arrive, things are going to get crazy! :D

bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bioghost

not sure about the deadpool he seem to kill mood in the book.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @bioghost said:
    "not sure about the deadpool he seem to kill mood in the book. "

His main title is pretty good, MWAM is good as well. The problem with DP at that moment is that Marvel is just throwing him at us for no reason. He will bring something new to this though, I mean when Reed Richards can't defeat Voctor Von Doom and Wolverine doesn't know what to do, and it seems like Doom has finally won...you throw in Deadpool and show Doom who he's really messing with! xD
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bioghost

yes how to trick a freaking manic that has no promblem killing everyone (or try to) in front of him without a second thought  
    yes your right marvel is throwing dp at us

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.