Doctor Doom the most pitied character in all of comics?

#1 Edited by Teerack (5318 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about you but I seriously can't think of a single time anyone has any kind of inner monologue about Doom that didn't bring up his many flaws that he can't himself acknowledge.

I mean the guy thinks he's the best thing ever, but NO ONE else things so. Everyone just kind of humors him and plays along in his delusion because he's easier to deal with that way.

It's actually really sad when you think about it.

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

This kind of discounts all the people heroes included who are scared s**tless of him.

#3 Edited by Teerack (5318 posts) - - Show Bio

This kind of discounts all the people heroes included who are scared s**tless of him.

Being scared of someone because they're dangerous and having pity for someone are two very separated feelings. :V

#4 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he's somewhat of a tragic character, but because of his origin, not because no one takes him seriously. I would say most heroes and villians view Doom as someone not to be trifled with.

At the end of New Avengers #5 they end up having to go to Latveria. That book consists of Namor, Black Panther, Dr Strange, Reed Richards, Iron Man, Beast, and Black Bolt. Each one of them upon realizing they have to go to Latveria have this "oh $h!t" look on their face.

#5 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Um...no. Doom is considered one of the most dangerous supervillains by the superhero community. And he's had the feats to back up his talk. Developing a device to steal the Power Cosmic, stealing the Beyonder's powers, creating Cube time-traveling technology, and developing a platform to pull Cap back from the timestream. He is one of the smartest and most resourceful villains - and that does back up his ego.

Also, @rikr2 come and defend your favorite character, man!

#6 Edited by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

the hundreds of thousands of people of Latveria are all automatically more pitiable than Doom.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.