Old Disney vs New Disney?

#1 Posted by Undergroundgod (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Disney means everything up to the first Aladin. 

New Disney means everything after the first Aladin.

#2 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
how about 90's Disney... The Lion King, Johnny Tsunami and The Famous Jett Jackson for the Win 
lol 
#3 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm going with the classic Disney. Some of the new stuff is alright. Can't wait for Toy Story 3! :)
#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the Lion King and Aladdin :)

#5 Posted by Undergroundgod (2925 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"how about 90's Disney... The Lion King, Johnny Tsunami and The Famous Jett Jackson for the Win 
lol 
"

You are messing with us, right?
#6 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod said:
" @King Saturn said:
"how about 90's Disney... The Lion King, Johnny Tsunami and The Famous Jett Jackson for the Win 
lol 
"
You are messing with us, right? "
no I aint... I loved all those movies
#7 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing I don't like about Disney is that the main character's father is not there, or somehow dies later.

#8 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

two words :LION KING

#9 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Disney  regardless.

#10 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Old Disney goes up to the 90's. And old Disney def. Because it was ten time more serious and scary compared to the current crap.

#11 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Disney stomps...... =]
#12 Posted by Undergroundgod (2925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
"The thing I don't like about Disney is that the main character's father is not there, or somehow dies later. "

Yeah that does happen a lot, except Bambi in where the Mom is killed, and then Dad takes over. Really most Animals only have one of their parents at home, so it makes sense.

@King Saturn said:

" @Undergroundgod said:
" @King Saturn said:
lol 
"
no I aint... I loved all those movies "

OK, to each their own, I guess. I hate almost all the live action Disney films, shows save for a few of the old ones.
#13 Posted by OblivionKnight (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

Lion King was the best Disney movie and it's why I respect them. But I am slowly losing this respect because of some of their new stuff that's out right now which is rather pitiful.
#14 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually prefer new so called disney according to the op due to some comedy in their movies, it's a little more tolerable for adults (at least for me when i have movie nights with the kids)

#15 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod said:

@King Saturn said:

" @Undergroundgod said:
" @King Saturn said:
lol 
"
no I aint... I loved all those movies "
OK, to each their own, I guess. I hate almost all the live action Disney films, shows save for a few of the old ones. "
alrighty
#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

New Disney for me is after Tarzan.And old before Tarzan.

#17 Posted by Undergroundgod (2925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"New Disney for me is after Tarzan.And old before Tarzan. "

I went by how It went from being hand drawn and hand painted, to being all done on a computer. Tarzan was well past that.
#18 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

New Disney. Hands down, based on numbers and my personal favorites. Pirates of the Caribbean (all three films), Lion King, Finding Nemo, Alice in Wonderland (the most recent one), Aladdin, Toy Story 2, Chronicles of Narnia (first film), The Incredibles, and Ratatouille are listed as some of the highest-grossing films ever. I don't think any classic Disney movie before Lion King made the list. 

EDIT: After further research, Bambi, Fantasia, Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, and Mary Poppins made the highest-grossing list adjusted for inflation. However, it still doesn't compare to that of the more recent Disney films.

#19 Edited by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Disney before Hannah Montana and the Jonas brother came out. Luckily that skipped my generation, and I got to live in the golden age of Disney. If Walt came back to life today he would other have aheart attack or go postal. 

#20 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else see The Princess and The Frog? It was a return to oldschool animation, and I really liked it.

#21 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say Old Disney, too many good films for me to enjoy. :P

@Nobody
said:
"I loved the Lion King and Aladdin :) "

I was watching Aladdin the other day and thinking wow, this is still funny.  

#22 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Anyone else see The Princess and The Frog? It was a return to oldschool animation, and I really liked it. "
Yes, it was a refreshment to Disney. That and the voice actor for Dr.Facliler (Keith David) which I haven't heard since Gargoyles. 
#23 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

New Disney

#24 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Late 80's early 90's

• Little Mermaid
  • Beauty & the Beast
  • Aladdin
  • The Lion King
#25 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Older Disney. They've got some good stuff out now,but when compared to all the bad stuff they have that totally outnumbers the good,the image is painted pretty clear for me.

Besides,how do you beat this?

#26 Posted by OblivionKnight (3356 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"New Disney. Hands down, based on numbers and my personal favorites. Pirates of the Caribbean (all three films), Lion King, Finding Nemo, Alice in Wonderland (the most recent one), Aladdin, Toy Story 2, Chronicles of Narnia (first film), The Incredibles, and Ratatouille are listed as some of the highest-grossing films ever. I don't think any classic Disney movie before Lion King made the list.   EDIT: After further research, Bambi, Fantasia, Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, and Mary Poppins made the highest-grossing list adjusted for inflation. However, it still doesn't compare to that of the more recent Disney films. "

All of those are new disney? Never mind then. New Disney wins.
#27 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

old disney all the way!!! i look at The Lion king as old disney classics! disney today has lost their magic :(
#28 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Disney.

#29 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Disney didn't end after Aladdin, it ended after Tarzan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.