Disney owns Marvel and ABC...

Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

So now Disney owns Marvel. I do know for a fact that they own ABC as well. But here is my grievance. Disney and ABC bought the rights to Power Rangers and put the show on ABC Kids and ABC Family. Since Zordon's run in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers until Power Rangers In Space, they finally had two pretty good versions of the show. Power Rangers Dino Thunder, with the return of Dr. Tommy Oliver, and Power Rangers Mystic Force. I actually liked Mystic Force. It had good characters and a good set up. The story would have been awesome if it didn't get cancelled. From what I heard, the series got cancelled because it was promoting magic to children. 

Yes you heard me right. Power Rangers Mystic Force was cancelled for promoting magic. They threw in a super crappy version right after to save their butts. 

The reason this makes no sense is that Disney is all about magic. That's the basis behind 90% of everything they produce. Yet they can't have magic in Power Rangers. 

That is why I don't trust Disney with Marvel's property. They're going to ruin a good thing.    
#1 Posted by buddyblackhawk (76 posts) - - Show Bio

they own espn too
#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24761 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe this means a return of decent saturday morning cartoons
#3 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (533 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait, you're calling foul on Marvel/Disney because one of Disney's other companies MAY HAVE (you have no facts on the matter) POSSIBLY canceled a "Power Rangers" show for a reason you don't agree with?

When the Power Rangers become relevant to anything again, when they as a franchise impact ANYTHING other than the wallets of poor mothers who can't afford more-expensive toys and a small segment of Nerd Culture, then maybe there's an argument.

#4 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
"So wait, you're calling foul on Marvel/Disney because one of Disney's other companies MAY HAVE (you have no facts on the matter) POSSIBLY canceled a "Power Rangers" show for a reason you don't agree with?  When the Power Rangers become relevant to anything again, when they as a franchise impact ANYTHING other than the wallets of poor mothers who can't afford more-expensive toys and a small segment of Nerd Culture, then maybe there's an argument. "

I do know that they did that to that version of Power Rangers. And its supposed to be an example of what they do to their products.
#5 Edited by HellfireSamurai (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:

"So wait, you're calling foul on Marvel/Disney because one of Disney's other companies MAY HAVE (you have no facts on the matter) POSSIBLY canceled a "Power Rangers" show for a reason you don't agree with?  When the Power Rangers become relevant to anything again, when they as a franchise impact ANYTHING other than the wallets of poor mothers who can't afford more-expensive toys and a small segment of Nerd Culture, then maybe there's an argument. "

Dude a lot of people would say the same thing about Marvel so I wouldn't be sitting to high on your horse there. And if you recall the original MMPR had a fairly decent impact on people. Hell a lot of people I know got into the martial arts because of the show and they're better people now than they probally would have been without learning the discipline that comes with the martial arts. As for the cancel thinf with Mystic Force that is the first time I heard anything about that being why it was canceled. I heard it was because ratings were slipping. As for fans of the original MMPR starting in January 2010 on ABC Kids on Saturday mornings they're going to start showing it again. They've even released a new toyline to coincide with the re-airing.
#6 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428:

ABC also shows Lost.... and now that Lost is soon to end they need a good primetime show to replace it... You shouldn't judge so quickly... imagine Spider-Man TV show or Runaways.... 

This is good!
#7 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney is slowly taking over the world

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.