Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Paragon
    @inferiorego said:
    " "Marvel is the gateway drug, and when you're ready for it, DC is the hard stuff." I was never this into DC until Marvel started dropping the balls the past three years. "
    I can vouch for the truth of that statement. I started with buying one Civil War TPB, and now it's exploded to an entire corner of my room covered in piles of mostly DC comics.
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @Korg said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    "I'm a hardcore DC fan, as well as many of the people on the site. I've essentially said this numerous of times, "Marvel is the gateway drug, and when you're ready for it, DC is the hard stuff.""
    I'm stealing this analogy. Just thought I'd let you know. "
    See, I dig this...I agree with this. But I hope you both agree that while the gateway drug, Marvel can still hit you with a great buzz from time-to-time, especially if you've been laying off it awhile.

So the analogy still works.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    " @Korg said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    "I'm a hardcore DC fan, as well as many of the people on the site. I've essentially said this numerous of times, "Marvel is the gateway drug, and when you're ready for it, DC is the hard stuff.""
    I'm stealing this analogy. Just thought I'd let you know. "
    See, I dig this...I agree with this. But I hope you both agree that while the gateway drug, Marvel can still hit you with a great buzz from time-to-time, especially if you've been laying off it awhile.  So the analogy still works. "
    Marvel doesn't give me the same feeling as it used to.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Korg
    @inferiorego said:
    "Marvel doesn't give me the same feeling as it used to. "
    DC will do that to you, man. It will fry your brain out with good story-telling, and diminish your appreciation of Marvel's crossovers. I think it probably has something to do with cross-tolerance.
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Comiclove5

You have change my opinion excellent work hear!
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Korg said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    "Marvel doesn't give me the same feeling as it used to. "
    DC will do that to you, man. It will fry your brain out with good story-telling, and diminish your appreciation of Marvel's crossovers. I think it probably has something to do with cross-tolerance. "
    Thankfully Pet Avengers are getting their own on-going
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By jefprice
    @inferiorego said:

I'm a hardcore DC fan, as well as many of the people on the site. I've essentially said this numerous of times, "Marvel is the gateway drug, and when you're ready for it, DC is the hard stuff." I was never this into DC until Marvel started dropping the balls the past three years. "

Did I really just read this right? You think DC is the hard stuff? Lol  I'll be honest, the way DC is going, I think we'll be seeing Marvel and DC under one roof soon now.

@The Black Hood

said: 

@jefprice: I have to say this tickles me in one regard.  Last week you schooled me when I complained about Marvel whoring out their characters to other studios and then the same studios making lackluster movies.  You're main point was how Marvel is still owned by Marvel and how DC was owned by a big faceless corporation run by euros.  Well now Marvel's sold out.    Overall I think this will be a good thing for Marvel.  With solid financial backing maybe we won't have any more X-men 3, Wolverine Origins, or Ang Lee Hulks to deal with. "

Lol I've been thinking about that all day. (BTW if that post came off as rude it wasn't intended so) I do disagree though, DC sold out to mindless corp giants who are in it for only money, where as Disney is still American and it wasn't done out of need it was done out of business. I've said a few times I don't like that it was done, I don't think everything needs to be a big corp. But at least it's to one place and not 50 which are out of other nations. Like I said this wasn't done to try and save their butts. These guys know that they could get this $ other way through time, but an alliance with Disney moves them from #1 in the US comic market and #3 in the Mag market, to a place where they can have that kind of success all over the world. Unlike DC this move was made in a time when it didn't need to be made, meaning thought went into it. DC made their move because they needed to and had no choice. I wrote my view on the matter here on NC    http://shar.es/NqFx   It also has the Stan Lee interview and some info from a expert who's worked with Disney saying who he thinks they'll be making films about. Namor anyone? Speaking of, someone from Disney has already said if this deal goes through we'll be seeing true to source movies from lesser known heroes. Unlike DC who gave us Catwoman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Superman Returns, Ets. (No I'm not forgeting about the Emmy winning cartoons, but I want more then a cartoon, I want real movies) Marvel has great franchises. I'll be honest I had a freaking stroke when I read about this at the release time this morning. But then I started thinking...... Namor done up like POTC? I'm in.

Over all...  

I Agree with you. I think that they can do some good things with this because it wasn't desperate sell out, it was strategy. (And I would hardly put X3 and Origins with Hulk. Lol)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @jefprice said:
    " @inferiorego said:

I'm a hardcore DC fan, as well as many of the people on the site. I've essentially said this numerous of times, "Marvel is the gateway drug, and when you're ready for it, DC is the hard stuff." I was never this into DC until Marvel started dropping the balls the past three years. "

Did I really just read this right? You think DC is the hard stuff? Lol  I'll be honest, the way DC is going, I think we'll be seeing Marvel and DC under one roof soon now.

"
    I don't know why people keep saying things like that, DC is doing fine. Their sales aren't as great as Marvel, but they never have been, not since Marvel's bankruptcy
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Korg

DC also has Vertigo, which is most definitely "the hard stuff".

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jefprice
    @inferiorego: DC's comics aren't what keep them alive, it's the rights. WB keeps them up with other media, Marvel used comics to boost the other media while DC's comics are only now picking up in speed, and no one thinks that will last past BN. At least none of the retailers I've talked to. Now with Disney on board Marvel will go from 60% of the market on up. I was just talking to 2 comic shops who have cut all their order of DC back by at least 20% except for the BN Limited's. DC is doing ok now, but in all their years with the WB they've not done half as well as Marvel by itself, with Disney this is just going to get bigger. Disney will build up Marvel beyond anything we've ever seen, you really think is Disney wants to get DC there's anything to stop them?
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jefprice

I must be the odd ball out. I read DC and laugh at the God awful dialogue and plots. Vertigo has some good stuff, but DC makes me remember why I stopped watching B Movies. 

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @jefprice said:
    " @inferiorego: DC's comics aren't what keep them alive, it's the rights. WB keeps them up with other media, Marvel used comics to boost the other media while DC's comics are only now picking up in speed, and no one thinks that will last past BN. At least none of the retailers I've talked to. Now with Disney on board Marvel will go from 60% of the market on up. I was just talking to 2 comic shops who have cut all their order of DC back by at least 20% except for the BN Limited's. DC is doing ok now, but in all their years with the WB they've not done half as well as Marvel by itself, with Disney this is just going to get bigger. Disney will build up Marvel beyond anything we've ever seen, you really think is Disney wants to get DC there's anything to stop them? "
    Um... As a person who works for one of the biggest comic book retailer chains in the country, I can personally say it is a struggle right now to get Marvel books off of the shelves, especially since the $1 hike that took place for many books this past year. Marvel & DC have both had their orders cut a decent amount, but it's Marvel that's getting a bigger cut in our orders. This is the same for the rest of the chain. DC has a steady pace, Marvel severely fluctuates.
    Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By Bergquist

i hope the cost of books will go down the new and dark avengers are killing me 

like make  $2.75
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jefprice
    @inferiorego said:

" @jefprice said:

" @inferiorego: DC's comics aren't what keep them alive, it's the rights. WB keeps them up with other media, Marvel used comics to boost the other media while DC's comics are only now picking up in speed, and no one thinks that will last past BN. At least none of the retailers I've talked to. Now with Disney on board Marvel will go from 60% of the market on up. I was just talking to 2 comic shops who have cut all their order of DC back by at least 20% except for the BN Limited's. DC is doing ok now, but in all their years with the WB they've not done half as well as Marvel by itself, with Disney this is just going to get bigger. Disney will build up Marvel beyond anything we've ever seen, you really think is Disney wants to get DC there's anything to stop them? "
    Um... As a person who works for one of the biggest comic book retailer chains in the country, I can personally say it is a struggle right now to get Marvel books off of the shelves, especially since the $1 hike that took place for many books this past year. Marvel & DC have both had their orders cut a decent amount, but it's Marvel that's getting a bigger cut in our orders. This is the same for the rest of the chain. DC has a steady pace, Marvel severely fluctuates. "
    Marvel has more books to cut, of course they'll have more total, but I know I work with a few places through NecessaryCool and I'm just telling you what they've told me. DC doesn't have as many books out, and so when they get cut back it hurts more. A lot of this defers by area I'm sure, but all one must do is go to Marvel.com's forums and read the posters who complain about the price but buy it all anyway. I've had to drop a lot of books, but the ones I dropped were limiteds not ongoings. I'm surprised to hear you guys sell less Marvel. I know I hang out in a few shops in Ohio when I'm out checking on stuff, and I always see more Marvel get sold then DC. But I'm sure a large part of why they're still growing in sales has to do with the fact they offer so many ways to get the book. 

In any case, DC's books do not keep them alive. If they had to reli on comics they'd never make it. Marvel has more becuase they have the many to play around and take chances and see what sells.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @jefprice said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    " @jefprice said:
    Um... As a person who works for one of the biggest comic book retailer chains in the country, I can personally say it is a struggle right now to get Marvel books off of the shelves, especially since the $1 hike that took place for many books this past year. Marvel & DC have both had their orders cut a decent amount, but it's Marvel that's getting a bigger cut in our orders. This is the same for the rest of the chain. DC has a steady pace, Marvel severely fluctuates. "
    Marvel has more books to cut, of course they'll have more total, but I know I work with a few places through NecessaryCool and I'm just telling you what they've told me. DC doesn't have as many books out, and so when they get cut back it hurts more. A lot of this defers by area I'm sure, but all one must do is go to Marvel.com's forums and read the posters who complain about the price but buy it all anyway. I've had to drop a lot of books, but the ones I dropped were limiteds not ongoings. I'm surprised to hear you guys sell less Marvel. I know I hang out in a few shops in Ohio when I'm out checking on stuff, and I always see more Marvel get sold then DC. But I'm sure a large part of why they're still growing in sales has to do with the fact they offer so many ways to get the book. "
    Not calling you a liar or questioning what you've heard by any means. Different regions of the country sell or don't sell Marvel and DC differently. DC has almost as many books out as Marvel. You have to take into account both Wildstorm and Vertigo though. Plus, due to the recession, DC ended up canceling a few books until the market picks up. Marvel started making more. Anyways, we'll continue this tomorrow, I have to go to sleep now.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jefprice
    @inferiorego: LOL Take care man. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I don't want two things  
    1. Censorship of characters like Deadpool and Punisher 
    2. Marvel's logo stays the same

KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By KasadyCarnage

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MysterioMaximus

That's a rather optimistic take that gives me some slight hope, but be reasonable; Black Cauldron and Watcher of the Woods are child’s play compared to some Marvel titles. Arguably Disney’s most adult film series, Pirates of the Caribbean, is tame compared to characters like Wolverine, Punisher, and the vast majority of Marvel rogues. Disney makes cartoons; Marvel makes modern mythology that's been riddled with psychological undertones, adult themes, violent villains, and archetypes since the 60’s. I think the concern is justified, albeit maybe a little too much from some at times.  Consider what they did with their fantasy properties, taking the original Grimms Fairy Tales, filled with homicide, incest, and cannibalism, and turn them upside-down so that the general consensus on these classics is now very family friendly musicals. Concern is very reasonable. When you invest a certain amount of money and nostalgia into these characters who, from a certain point-of-view have almost transcended fantasy and become a very real part of fans lives and general pop culture, you’re going to get very passionate responses when threatened with possible alterations. It should be expected. I pray there will be no noticeable change or enforced juvenile “dumbed down and kid-friendly” tone in the production of Marvel comics, films, and games.       

EternalBiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By EternalBiker

Marvel told me there still a single bussness company   isnt that true ??? 

and there just exspanding there reach
    Deadeyeduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Deadeyeduck

Actually its a valid comment about the animated stuff...DC and Bruce Timm wipe the floor with anything marvel related in that area. The animation style is just fantastic too. 
    As long as they leave the comic books well alone it should be fine. Only Iron Man has been worth watching in the recent marvel movie releases. It'll be interesting to see how this affects Thor and the other upcoming movies. 

A deadpool musical though....now that would be magic.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DH69

great now i have to start reading dc stuff...thanx for screwing me again disney

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#73  Edited By xerox_kitty

From the various pieces of information I'ev read, including the press releases, nothing is going to change in the immediate future.  In fact, I find this whole deal surprising because both companies have whored themselves out to other companies so much in the last few years.   

Disney's deals with Boom and Archaia are so new that the ink on the contracts is still wet.  Meanwhile, Marvel are connected with at least Paramount and Fox to produice their movies while they have various TV companies and video game producers working with them.  We know that there will be at least a second season of Wolverine & the X-Men will be made and most likely be broadcast on Nickelodeon just like the first series. 

It seems to me that it's all about making money.  Disney gets to share in any of Marvel's successes and merchandise their characters to infinity & beyond.  Meanwhile, Marvel can mass produce more of the usual unnecessary titles it has become famous for without any more fears of returning to bankruptcy because they'll have Disney's resources to bankroll everything for them.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bruce Vain

GOD DAMN IT I'M PISSED!!! 

I haven't even gone to the Islands of Adventure of Marvel AND now I never will!!! 

As far as the comparison of WBs/DC - Looney Tunes is waaaay cooler and funnier than Disney. I don't mind it when Bugs and Daffy make guest spots on the DC heroes. Like the Duck Dodgers episode with Green Lantern.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By NightFang3

I don't know how to feel about this.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By The Devil Tiger

I really doubt that Disney won't put his censorship finer in Marvel editing line, but whatever, it's been a while that I've remembering havin' seen something that didn't set me up in Marvel, a part some issue of Deadpool and Old man Logan...  
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

From the various pieces of information I'ev read, including the press releases, nothing is going to change in the immediate future. 

"
    But the point is that fans don't want the product to change...period!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By xerox_kitty

@MysterioMaximus said:

"@xerox-kitty said:
    "

From the various pieces of information I'ev read, including the press releases, nothing is going to change in the immediate future. 

"
    But the point is that fans don't want the product to change...period! "

That's why characters rarely age and are resurrected from the dead in unbelievable circumstances.  Fans never want change.  Fans still call for the return of Cyclops & Phoenix.  Fans are too blinkered and stuck in their ways to see how things nee to change and progress. 

I'm not saying that Disney will be a progressive step for Marvel.  However, it isn't going to mean that all the titles will become infantised.  Titles like X-Force will continue to be made to their current standards because those titles are incredibly successful.  Nothing will change for the immediate future, and when things do start to change, you probably wont even notice.  Instead, fans will blame anything they don't like on Disney's influence, even when they were purely Marvel's own decisions.

MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I think the implication was that fans (like yours truly) don’t want the characters to change in a stereotypically Disney-oriented way, not that change in general was bad. I:E; Juvenile, family friendly, censorship.   

And for what it's worth...I would rather have Scott with Jean. I've never liked Emma in a heroic role. I feel that some things certainly are untouchable. Change is inevitable, but if you don't retain the spirit...change is a hindrance not worthy of the same billing. There's a limit to how much you can alter. Details can evolve, but themes need a resemblance to the old, what brought the readers in in the first place. There’s a delicate balance between keeping the readers interested with new concepts and ideas, making sure the material doesn't get stale, whilst still being able to call this said book what it’s been for decades.  Making sure it fits into the established universe is crucial.  So sue me for feeling the old should be respected by the new.    

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I have nothing to say except  

your totally right 

my comment is pointless but pure ;-P

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @MysterioMaximus: I'm not going to sue you for your opinion :) 

I genuinely don't think that Disney will have that big an impact on the comics we read.  Everyone is afraid of change, but even if it does change it wont be for another 6 months... and by then I don't think it will have a big impact.   

Obviously the titles lined up for the next 3 or 4 months are all sorted and in the can.  Titles are being announced for release in early 2010, so they're all pretty much set in stone, ready for either printed or to be piled on the shelves.  But once those comics are out of the way, I doubt there'll be much difference. 

Disney are interested in marvel as a new means of making a profit.  They'll see this as an opportunity to merchandise characters to high-heaven, but the main titles will carry on as they are.  So the stories should retain the same level of creativity and spirit that they have at the moment :)   In fact, I bet that there will be an increase in titles for younger readers, while the majority of titles remain aimed at teenagers.  Personally I would like to see them produce cheaper comics for kids to get them into reading and to become the next generation of customers :) Disney seem to do things by age-groups, so I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel's output starts to have a wider range for all different age ranges. 

But both Marvel and Disney are terrible companies for pimping their own characters to death.  In a way, they're a match made in heaven/hell (take your pick).  And I wouldn't put it passed them to try something like 'High School Musical The Comic', which would defeat the point of it being a musical really... ;)
    Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

When I heard about this on CNN, I was like "noooo, wtf they're gonna rape Marvel!" but after reading this article, I'm ok, just a little bit worried. 
    "Disney wouldn't spend $4 Billion dollars on Marvel just to have Donald Duck and Wolverine duke it out every month." LOL

Maxmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Maxmachine

The only thing i have been concerned about is the fact that writers might fall into self- censorship.
    Other than that, commercially it will be a great decision for Marvel since they haven´t pulled out good series or movies lately.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

People keep bringing up censorship, over and over. Did anyone read what Babs or myself wrote? (Especially Babs since she has a quote dirtect from JoeQ) NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

Many assume the worst when they have nothing to fear...

Now if you'll excuse me I have an annoying drive to work... stupid construction

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#85  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @inferiorego said:
    " People keep bringing up censorship, over and over. Did anyone read what Babs or myself wrote? (Especially Babs since she has a quote dirtect from JoeQ) NOTHING WILL CHANGE.  Many assume the worst when they have nothing to fear...  Now if you'll excuse me I have an annoying drive to work... stupid construction "

EVERYONE LISTEN TO HIM...HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By Moomin123

Why would Marvel want to be bought out by Disney? Surely they were doing wellon their own weren't they?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Moomin123 said:
    " Why would Marvel want to be bought out by Disney? Surely they were doing wellon their own weren't they? "
    Disney is obviously offering a ridiculous amount.Disney is a goldmine.Marvel will never have to worry about going under ever again.
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ryanwh
    @inferiorego said:
    " People keep bringing up censorship, over and over. Did anyone read what Babs or myself wrote? (Especially Babs since she has a quote dirtect from JoeQ) NOTHING WILL CHANGE.  Many assume the worst when they have nothing to fear...  Now if you'll excuse me I have an annoying drive to work... stupid construction "
    Dude no. All they saw was another Marvel/Disney blog and they kneejerked into action. Its like those Town Hall people, they're not interested in having a conversation, they just want you to see how loud they can yell. All 3 blogs degenerated into this because people aren't actually reading.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ryanwh said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    Dude no. All they saw was another Marvel/Disney blog and they kneejerked into action. Its like those Town Hall people, they're not interested in having a conversation, they just want you to see how loud they can yell. All 3 blogs degenerated into this because people aren't actually reading. "
    Get the stick out.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Will somone grab me my pitchfork and torch? I need to head over to Marvel, and no, I am not willing to listen to reason

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @inferiorego said:
    " Will somone grab me my pitchfork and torch? I need to head over to Marvel, and no, I am not willing to listen to reason "
    hands him a fork and some matches...This is the best we got.
    Avatar image for bassmonster2006
    Bassmonster2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Bassmonster2006

On Attack of the Show Yesterday, they were talking about how it would be cool to see gonzo fight Deadpool, which i agree, that would be hilarious. I think marvel can do a small crossover with some disney characters in the Marvel Super-Hero squad(you know the one where Hulk smiles all the time). that way serioous marvel readers wont get upset and they will still make money from sales to kids.

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ryanwh
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @ryanwh said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    Dude no. All they saw was another Marvel/Disney blog and they kneejerked into action. Its like those Town Hall people, they're not interested in having a conversation, they just want you to see how loud they can yell. All 3 blogs degenerated into this because people aren't actually reading. "
    Get the stick out. "
    Why, you need to make another bold declaration in large font? We're on the same side, kid.
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ryanwh
    @Bassmonster2006 said:
    " On Attack of the Show Yesterday, they were talking about how it would be cool to see gonzo fight Deadpool, which i agree, that would be hilarious. I think marvel can do a small crossover with some disney characters in the Marvel Super-Hero squad(you know the one where Hulk smiles all the time). that way serioous marvel readers wont get upset and they will still make money from sales to kids. "
    I like the implication that Marvel doesn't skew young already.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @MysterioMaximus: A lot of people are missing the point when many of us call Watcher of the Woods and Black Cauldron more adult films. It's not about how many boobs you see, how many people die, or how many times the f-bomb is dropped. It's all about thematic elements and darker undertones within the film. Pirates is a kid's film through and through. Just because people die doesn't mean it's a more adult film.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ryanwh said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @ryanwh said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    Get the stick out. "
    Why, you need to make another bold declaration in large font? We're on the same side, kid. "
    I didn't have to do that in the first place.I just wanted to post and everyone was saying stuff about Disney changing Marvel which they won't do.I'm used to people not taking the time to read things.I didn't read what Babs said either.You sounded a little bit like you were trying to get at people.You don't want someone to take that the wrong way and try to turn it into flame wars do you?
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ryanwh
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @ryanwh said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @ryanwh said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    Get the stick out. "
    Why, you need to make another bold declaration in large font? We're on the same side, kid. "
    I didn't have to do that in the first place.I just wanted to post and everyone was saying stuff about Disney changing Marvel which they won't do.I'm used to people not taking the time to read things.I didn't read what Babs said either.You sounded a little bit like you were trying to get at people.You don't want someone to take that the wrong way and try to turn it into flame wars do you? "
    The people I was talking about would never read what I said, as I was talking about how they're not reading what people say. So they'll be fine. I mean, they're in a fetal position now wondering what symbiote Mickey will look like (awesome, I'm assuming) but they'll get over it when nothing changes.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @ryanwh said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @ryanwh said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    Get the stick out. "
    I didn't have to do that in the first place.I just wanted to post and everyone was saying stuff about Disney changing Marvel which they won't do.I'm used to people not taking the time to read things.I didn't read what Babs said either.You sounded a little bit like you were trying to get at people.You don't want someone to take that the wrong way and try to turn it into flame wars do you? "
    I'm personally a little annoyed that no one is reading anything. Babs has DIRECT quotes from Joe Q saying nothing is going to happen, yet people are in her article's thread throwing a poop-fit. People need to start reading and stop assuming.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99  Edited By The_Ghostshell

So Disney bought Marvel? When did this happen?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Gambler said:
    " So Disney bought Marvel? When did this happen? "
    You need to leave your cave on Mondays

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.