Follow

Dinobots

Team » Dinobots appears in 257 issues.

A team of independent minded Autobot dinosaur robots that give the Autobots the muscle to match the threat of the more dangerous and powerful Decepticons. In the IDW universe they are known as the Dynobots.

Which Dinobot is the most Heavily armored?

Avatar image for the_judge_since_83
    The_Judge_since_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A friend of mine and I were talking about the Dinobots the other day and this came up and we couldn't decide who, if either of us, was correct. So I've decided to turn to the internet to find out what other people think. Long story short it came down to two of the Dinobots we were arguing about, Sludge and Snarl. Sludge is big and is said to have thick armor which is hard to damage, and is resistant to most Decepticon firepower, in another instance it is said that his armored hide can withstand all but the most powerful blasts. On the reverse side Snarl is said to have very dense armor which is angled to be especially effective at deflecting missiles, in another instance it is said that his heavily armored hide makes him resistant to most missile fire. Wow this is much longer than I anticipated, anyways please let me know who you think is more heavily armored, Sludge, Snarl, or even one of the other Dinobots.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Grimlock is supposed to be superior to the other Dinobots in both strength and invulnerability.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikex20 said:

Grimlock is supposed to be superior to the other Dinobots in both strength and invulnerability.

That's what I thought!

The_Judge_since_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see that, but it always seemed to me that each Dinobot brought something to the table which they out did Grimlock in, for example Swoop is the fastest, and although Slag and Grimlock are both listed as having a firepower of 8 I always figured Slag was the one with the greater firepower, and so on. The main thing I'm hung up on, and this could just be me, is that they've never really pointed out how resistant to damage he is like they do with Snarl and Sludge. Anyways, I greatly appreciate the input, thank you.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

the thing about the Transformers is that it was a cartoon designed to sell toys so most of the characters are never really fleshed out enough to really learn that much about them and most of the time a character's abilities are changed from one episode to the next based on what the writers needed them to be able to do....if you watched the original show then you could see what I'm talking about when most of the time their laser blasts would just bounce off each other then all of a sudden Optimus Prime is straight mowing Decepticons down left and right in the animated movie

so yeah it's really hard to compare one Transformer to another and say that this one is better than this one at whatever....it sounds like you might have something that lists their stats on it...that's probably the best answer you're going to get

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I sludge had the most invuln of the dinobot he was also the slowest if I remember correctly.

The_Judge_since_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I definitely agree with you danhimself when it comes to the cartoon, I may have grown up watching it but consistency was not their forte (especially when it came to size). I am drawing my conclusions from the comics and the tech specs of the characters, the statements on how resistant Sludge and Snarl are each came from different Transformers: More than meets the eye issues which detailed each character's personality, abilities, and weaknesses. Which, while helpful in some instances, still leaves a lot up to interpretation, which is why I'm looking to see how others interpret their abilities. Anyways, this has become a longer response than intended, I just wanted to say, yes, the creators of Transformers didn't do a lot to assist in making comparisons, and say that I'm more using the comics than the cartoon. Thanks for the responses so far, I greatly appreciate all of them.

ldy981219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_judge_since_83: hi, thanks for bringing this up! I haven't read this comic, I am just a huge fan of TF and was wondering the same question, I think sludge is, refer to G1 he is the heaviest Dinobot who can stomp the ground and make a crack, but when it comes to most powerful Dinobot, it is Grimlock for sure, since he is the leader of the team, he may not have the most durable body, but he overpowers his dino fellows in other aspects such as; fighting skills, intelligence, strength, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.