Follow

Digimon

Team » Digimon appears in 122 issues.

Digimon are creatures from a different dimension called the Digital World. Some are good and some are evil. They are described as programs that are categorized by four attributes data, virus, vaccine, and variable

How would you make a Digimon game?

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperShafe

While Digimon and Pokemon the TV show had a very real and even rivalry when they first came to the states (please don't let this thread devolve into that old argument) the Digimon games have always been considered the little brothers of the Pokemon games. I have never played one of the Digimon games but most people I've talked to say that they aren't good so my question is how would you make a Digimon Game? Would you make it so that you play as a Digimon or as A digidestined? Would you make it a turn based RPG or a platformer or some other form of game? would you do solely a story mode or make it playable online? would you allow co-op or make it a single player game?

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

i think they should go for a MMORPG like DCUO. Large with all the digimon from every season and you can chose from hundreds. then you go around collecting gear and doing quests to get stronger

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SuperShafe

If i were in charge you'd play as a Digidestined on the overland map but would fight as a Digimon. The overland map would be a free roaming world but it wouldn't be like Pokemon. You'd be able to jump and do other common platformer type actions such as using gadgets or calling upon your digimon to do certain things. Digivolution in the game would be handled like in the show , it wouldn't be permanent, but it would take work to do it you wouldn't be able to start a battle as a champion or ultimate digimon and would have to go through each step upon the digivolution ladder. In the single player mode you would be able to search out all nine crests and each crest would allow you to digivolve into a different ultimate form with different abilities and advantages. When you start the game you pick a single digimon that will be your partner throughout the game. You pick from nine Digimon with different crest affiliations that will attach them to a mega form that can only be aceived after you collect all nine crests and the three spheres of light that are created after the midway point of the game. There would also be a co-op version where you would work with friends and each of you would only be able to collect one crest. coop can be played online and also on the same console. I would put this game on the ps3/360. The battle system would be fully 3d and similar to the arkham games with powers attached to three of the shoulder buttons and evolution attached to the other. The first time your Digmon digivolves it will play a long animation similiar to the show but after that there will be a quick animation.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SuperShafe

Bump

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Hazlenaut

I suggest start with story since we not sure multi player would be unfair.

Don’t use digi destine go with tamers.

The problem with digimon series in expansion is that you are stuck with one digimon in the series and your stuck one or maybe two attacks. When you count digimon tamers aka season 3 you at least had multiple attacks by using card swapping. I think digimon unity with cards would work for DNA Digivolution. Any digivolution must be temporary. The franchise rely on power ups armor digvolve, dna digivolve, warp digivolve. It works on the cartoon but in games it can be kind cheep since it relying on the over powering.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SuperShafe

What if you had to reach a certain combo multiplyer to digivolve?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I've always found the games a lot less interesting than the actual show, the show was more about these random kids being chosen and given a Digimon partner to save the Digital World from some kind of evil, yet I always felt like the games missed that angle or at least never made it like the show was in terms of story and the interaction between the human and their Digimon companion. 

The last game I played that was a Digimon game was I Digimon World: Dawn (think that's the title <_<) and honestly, the game was boring. Where the show focused on these kids and their Digimon saving the Digital World, the game seemed to focus more on raising and collecting Digimon (which felt very similar to another game with certain creatures...). I loved the fact that I could collect different Digimon but one of the things that I liked about Digimon over Pokemon is the fact that the Digimon would Digivolve when it needed to and then would revert back to it's Rookie or In-Training stage. But in the games you leveled up your Digimon, have them Digivolve, and then they stay in that form or level up again.

I think they should try to find a way to balance out how Digimon Digivolve, maybe as they level up they're able to Digivolve quicker in battle, but after the battle is won (or lost) they revert back to their Rookie or In-Training forms (depending on the type of Digivolution they preformed). I think it would make for a better gaming experience if done correctly and allow for battles to be more interesting as Digimon could change form at anytime, even being more divers once you throw in DNA and Armor Digivolution.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I also would like to see them work this in for the Nintendo DS, I say this because like Pokemon, Digimon is one of those games that kids should be able to pull out of their pockets and play wherever, like in the car, at school, the mall, at a friends house, etc. I think making it for something like the Xbox or PS3 would limit it's buyers and honestly I don't see it working on those type of systems.

Not to mention that through the DS, you can have multiplayer and trade/battle with your friends. Not to mention that the DS could also function as a Digivice when playing the game (much like the Pokedex, just cooler :P).

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperShafe

@War Killer: I like your style. If Digimon beat Pokemon to the 3DS like it did with the DS only had an actually good game this time, It would be a huge win for those of us who want to be Digidestined.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Superguy0009e

@War Killer: i would love to see something like that, but it would have to be less pokemon esque

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

Digimon- the generic pokemon (still better than Monster Rancher tho)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

copy and paste a pokemon game

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperShafe

@danhimself: Please dear lord no. I love Pokemon games but Digimon games can not be the same as Pokemon games and get respect.

@joshmightbe: Maybe the games but the television series are way different.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Supreme Marvel

A colossal war erupted between the Royal Knights and the Seven Great Demon Lords. Behind close doors, the Seven Great Demon Lords were taking the Royal Knights off one by one until the Royal Knights were down to unfair odds against their enemy. Omegamon, UlfforceVeedramon and Gallantmon are all that stand in the way of the Seven Great Demon Lords. Two of them fight with all their might against the onslaught all the while, Omegamon uses his power to unlock the gate from their world to the mythological world of Earth. A person by the name of Ryo is pulled into the Digital World. Omegamon, tells him that he must find a Digimon known as Goddramon. Omegamon joins the fight while Ryo flees while he can. Ryo, bewilder to what is going on is now left to his own devices to figure out why he is there and what is going on. He then begins his legendary venture across the Digital world. On his journey he came across a Digimon who he would soon call friend, Monodramon who know has Digi-volved into Cyberdramon. Together they gained enough information and reopened the gate to the Earth world but this time it can take thousands maybe even hundreds of thousands of children to help rebuild the Digital world from the devastation of the Seven Great Demon Lords.

Although I have just written that now and may have many flaws because of it. That's is how I'd open it up.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Superguy0009e

@SuperShafe: in their defense, something like a pokemon game where you explore a vast world of creatures and go through cool quests and stories wouldnt be that bad of an idea. but it would need to be changed greatly and made into its own identity. i think their digimon worlds did great i even herd of a game called Digimon Masters which is basically a digimon mmorpg

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SuperShafe

@Superguy0009e: I actually agree with you its just that if you start making a Pokemon clone no one is going to respect it. Massive world would be awesome and a Digimon game would have to be story driven. I do not want to see a turn based RPG digimon game though and I love turn based RPGs

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Superguy0009e

@SuperShafe: turned based would be annoying, i want something more like WOW, where u run around with your digimon and they attack on your command

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SuperShafe

@Superguy0009e: I've never played WOW, the only MMO i gave a chance was DCU they aren't my style. I've been thinking that it might be good to create a game based off the frontier series for consoles and a tamers type game for the 3DS. Frontier would be great on console cause your character would be a digimon and you could use an Arkham City style fighting system like I outlined in my original idea. Tamers would work well on the 3ds because you could have the action take place on the top screen and have your cards on the bottom that you could cycle through and use to power up your digimon. I would make them both RPGS but not turn based ones.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superguy0009e

@SuperShafe: tamers was fun ( i believe it was that series i grew up the most with), but i believe we need to find a way for people to have any digimon they want, from Agumon to Veemon to Agunimon. it may be hard, but i think it would be interesting to see how it would be done.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SuperShafe

@Superguy0009e: I actually just started rewatching tamers. I don't think we can go with every digimon but maybe a selection of fan favorites? at least for the 3DS version. For the console version I'd advocate for all new digimon. I don't intend for either game to be a port of the series just for them to be based on those types of digivolution trees.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superguy0009e

@SuperShafe: i say for favorites, at least the main three from each season

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SuperShafe

@Superguy0009e: How would you determine top 3?

I mean season one its probably Agumon and Gabumon but who do you choose as the third?

season two vmon but who between wormmon , amadillomon and hawmon?

season three is probably renamon, terrimon and Guilmon but you could substitute leomon or impmon.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Superguy0009e

1: Agumon,Gabumon,Biyomon

2:Veemon, Patamon, Hawmon

3: Renamon, Guilmon, Terrirmon

edit: saying that, i think if we only do 3 seasons, you could probably have all of the

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SuperShafe

@Superguy0009e: Patomon is a season one digimon and i'd replace byomon with him or Gomamon If we did all the basic Digimon from the first three seasons thats at least 19 choices.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt that they were able to get across this sense of wandering around a foreign land and maintaining a sense of fragility to the characters in the giant monster fights...

The challenge that comes up when trying to transfer that into a video game is how to keep a kid friendly attitude. It'd be great to have a third person, exploration based, game where it ramps up to Shadow of the Colossus like scale with the higher level digimon. Perhaps an rpg where you give orders to a digimon while running away from the collateral damage of the fight.

Eh to bad Digimon has shriveled up at this point to where the likely hood of getting anything outside of Japan is nil...

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Superguy0009e

@thephantomstranger: i agree, that idea of exploration would be great part of a digimon game

idk, digimon will die out one day, but now, i say it has a few good seasons left. i heard that the xros wars in Japan is doing great, i say with the right time and work put behind it, digimon could be remembered for its greatness for a long time

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By poisonfleur

A mix between games 1-3 and rumble arena 2. And add online multiplayer/coop too all game modes.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

I suggest that we don’t have much on customization on the character. Further more you control several human protagonists. Three characters seem like a good number with Non playable characters allies as well. The NPCs can be humans with digimon or just digimon. This leads to DNA digivolving and lead to interacting with them in order to make things happen.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I always felt that they were able to get across this sense of wandering around a foreign land and maintaining a sense of fragility to the characters in the giant monster fights...

The challenge that comes up when trying to transfer that into a video game is how to keep a kid friendly attitude. It'd be great to have a third person, exploration based, game where it ramps up to Shadow of the Colossus like scale with the higher level digimon. Perhaps an rpg where you give orders to a digimon while running away from the collateral damage of the fight.

Eh to bad Digimon has shriveled up at this point to where the likely hood of getting anything outside of Japan is nil...

i like this idea. perhaps the Digi-Beetle could be incorporated in the same vein as Agro

Avatar image for kungenavmaskrosor
    KungenAvMaskrosor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... good question, I'd love to make it a mix^^

Back in the first psp digimon game 'Digimon world' I'd like to have that nice opening >u<' and with some one having to answer some questions which makes a difference in which digimon you get.
    Then... I'd want to have from Digimon Moonlight and Digimon Masters Online, where you can go on quests, but also having the wonderfull digital world to explore, with all the human things laying around x'D I always loved finding those strange things in the first digimon series, and like in digimon world 2003 where you'll find like that giant.. ugh..I don't know the english word, the part of your computer with all the letters and stuff xux' there's a giant one laying around in the digital world, it's pretty funny :'>

But yeah.. having them return to the child level when they run out of energy, have like in fighting games when you get power up and you can see how ong your gauge or what it's called will last.

Then....I think the raising part is important, since Digimon and Tamagotchi belongs together ^^ since they got the same creator and the first digimon games that came out were about raising digimons ^^ so different training effects what it will evolve into :'>

I mean, Tamagotchi and Pokémon were developed during 1996, Tamagotchi got a side branch developed into Digimon during 1997 so I'm pretty fond of making sure it's not alike, since a lot of people think digimon is copying pokémon, which it isn't. One thing I like about digimon is... that the digimons have existed for a long time, like most of them have, unlike pokémon who creates new creatures every now and then it re-uses old ones even in new comics and games, with out changing them to much D: Like Eevee getting new evolutions whole the time, it just f---s up the plot for all episodes it been in x'D

While digimon still uses old ones, and the reason to why new ones come to exist is simple, the more our computers develop the more they do.
    And I think it's important to lift up the virus and all that even more D: I mean

Virus B*eats data

Data is stronger against vaccine

aand vaccine beats virus...

Pretty funny if you see it like Virus is virus, data is your computer and vaccine is the anti-virus protecting your computer, but the computer can uninstall anti-virus with out any problem, but not removing virus with out anti-virus, haha x'D

I used to make small comics as a kid about how I became a digi-destined ;u;

I'd love to be able to develop a new digimon game x'>

You guys should play Digimon Masters Online if you haven't :'O pretty good and the digimons evolves back when they're out of energy x'> pretty neat, you collect data to find eggs to hatch (if you want other digimons that is)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.