Why is Nightwing such a slut?

#1 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, once he sees a redhead, he's already half naked, ready to do the "Flying Dick".

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd almost think he found sexual intercourse appealing.

Nah, that'd just be weird.

#3 Edited by Joygirl (18716 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Do people actually LIKE that anymore? I thought that went out in the early 80's.

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Yeah, sex for pleasure is so mainstream now that no one is into it.

#5 Posted by Joygirl (18716 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs to keep his namesake in his unitard

#7 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: (High fives)

Barbarella would be proud.

#8 Edited by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd almost think he found sexual intercourse appealing.

Nah, that'd just be weird.

I know what you mean, sexual activities are incredibly boring and no fun at all.

In all seriousness I do not believe that being promiscuous and having sex a fair means means you are a slut. I will give you credit for making a thread calling a guy a slut though, because most threads about supposed comic book characters that are sluts are focused on women. I'm pretty sure there is a thread titled who is the biggest player in marvel around this site somewhere, which of course is a big double standard. Tony Stark is a slut in my opinion.

#9 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only think of two people he's had sex with. Not really much of a slut. :/

#10 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, once he sees a redhead, he's already half naked, ready to do the "Flying Dick".

LOL.

But seriously man. They're redheads. Redheads. Redheads.

#11 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is the male Catwoman. He knows which asset a certain segment of readers follow him for.

(Naturally, Catman is another male Catwoman.)

#12 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only think of two people he's had sex with. Not really much of a slut. :/

I've got 5, and 2 of them he proposed to and nearly married. Really not what I think of when I imagine a slut. He is generally agreed to be one of the most attractive men in the DCU, which is why I think a lot of fans then throw the term "slut" at him, even though he's never had a history of hooking up with every random woman that crosses his path, like say Tony Stark does. Bruce is more of a "slut" than Dick, yet even he's often overblown in that regard, as giving his nature it's rare for him to form bonds with people at all, and he doesn't really do casual sex. So despite how many people he may have been with, they were women he cared about to some extent.

It also has to be noted that with the reboot most of those have probably been retconned, in which case there really are only two that have been mentioned.

#14 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Negative. Do yourself a favor and actually read up on a character before making allegations like these lint licker.

#15 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you upholding victorian ideals of sexuality?

Slut shaming needs to stop.

#16 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: Bruce is not more of a slut than Dick, he just hasn't been in a good relationship like Dick and Clark and has to go from one woman to the other because DC doesn't want him to be happy.

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17332 posts) - - Show Bio

hey if you can get chicks to like you, any guy wouldn't think twice in taking their pants off.

and dick is a smooth b*stard.

#18 Posted by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's scold the person who has sex with different partners.

#19 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@nathaniel_christopher: Bruce is not more of a slut than Dick, he just hasn't been in a good relationship like Dick and Clark and has to go from one woman to the other because DC doesn't want him to be happy.

Ok, doesn't change the fact that on panel we've seen him with more women than Dick. The fact he hasn't been in a solid relationship just highlights that. A slut is someone with loose sexual morals, who's also sexually promiscuous. As I pointed out earlier, that doesn't describe Dick at all. I also pointed out that it doesn't describe Bruce either, but he's been with more women so over the years so if you're judging them on that alone, then Bruce is more of a slut than Dick.

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Ok, doesn't change the fact that on panel we've seen him with more women than Dick. The fact he hasn't been in a solid relationship just highlights that. A slut is someone with loose sexual morals, who's also sexually promiscuous. As I pointed out earlier, that doesn't describe Dick at all. I also pointed out that it doesn't describe Bruce either, but he's been with more women so over the years so if you're judging them on that alone, then Bruce is more of a slut than Dick.

The reason he hasn't been in a solid relationship is because DC doesn't want him to be, that's why 80% of the women he's been with either die or are criminals, being in a relationship with more women doesn't make him more of a slut, you could've defended Dick without bringing him up. Neither of them are sluts so there shouldn't even be a comparison.

#21 Posted by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: In the 1950's it became rumored Batman and Robin where possible Homo-sexual's they even used to share a bed!!

In order to change this DC made Batman a Womanizer and eventually made Dick leave the duo to become his on solo crime fighter Nightwing, When he was under the role of Nightwing he was equally made a player.

#22 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@flazam: Pretty sure Dick becoming Nightwing didn't have anything to do with the claims of homosexuality.

#23 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@nathaniel_christopher said:

@rustyroy said:

The reason he hasn't been in a solid relationship is because DC doesn't want him to be, that's why 80% of the women he's been with either die or are criminals, being in a relationship with more women doesn't make him more of a slut, you could've defended Dick without bringing him up. Neither of them are sluts so there shouldn't even be a comparison.

I once again didn't say either of them were sluts in my opinion. A lot of people were pointing out that, or were under the impression, Dick had been with a lot of women. I pointed out that by that logic Bruce would be the larger slut since he's been with more women. I could have defended Dick without bringing up Bruce, but I didn't. It is what it is.

#24 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Dick as a slut. He had sex with Starfire and Barbara Gordon, but he was in love with them both at separate and different times of his life. They were his serious relationships and he was even engaged to them both. He had sex with Kori a few times after the break up but once was cus they were cast with a spell or something of lust by Trigons sons and the others well the connection between them never truly died even Kori tells him that. Liu was his college girlfriend and his first time, before even Kori he was a kid. Raven and he kissed in NTT but she was using her powers to make him love her and they never went farther as far as I know he had dreams but never acted. He and Donna Troy never did anything were always just friends. Tarantula raped him so not really being a slut. The one night stand with Huntress was a one time thing, Babs wasn't even talking to him, and even then she meant something to him, his landlady was like a 5 minute date. Any others weren't much, Mirage disguised herself as Starfire so he slept with her thinking it was his girlfriend. Even when Dick is with someone for a short time he's committed. And everyone says he's a slut but he's one f the most committed guys and has had some of the longest relationships in the DCU. He had the longest romance of the Titans, he and Kori were together for years. He even went to Tamaran to get her back, they lived together, even almost got married he was committed. He dated Babs, didn't care about the chair, didn't give up when she pushed him away, even proposed after they broke up. He loves and is committed. Bruce never was able to stay committed to Selina nor Talia. Dick doesn't purposely try bring a playboy that Bruce is. He tries to stay committed. People usually blow his love life out of proportion.

#26 Posted by Alak (925 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, when gorgeous women throw themselves all over that booty, it's hard for Dick to say no. Not saying I would be as promiscuous as the guy, but what I am saying is that it's pretty understandable. If you look at every instance of him having sex, the woman is almost always the initiator.

#27 Posted by Denam_Pavel (147 posts) - - Show Bio

. The one night stand with Huntress was a one time thing,

Nightwing didn't intend for that to be a one night stand either. Huntress just quickly wrote of as such after overhearing him on the phone with Oracle and figuring those two still had strong feelings for each other.

#28 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Dick as a slut. He had sex with Starfire and Barbara Gordon, but he was in love with them both at separate and different times of his life. They were his serious relationships and he was even engaged to them both. He had sex with Kori a few times after the break up but once was cus they were cast with a spell or something of lust by Trigons sons and the others well the connection between them never truly died even Kori tells him that. Liu was his college girlfriend and his first time, before even Kori he was a kid. Raven and he kissed in NTT but she was using her powers to make him love her and they never went farther as far as I know he had dreams but never acted. He and Donna Troy never did anything were always just friends. Tarantula raped him so not really being a slut. The one night stand with Huntress was a one time thing, Babs wasn't even talking to him, and even then she meant something to him, his landlady was like a 5 minute date. Any others weren't much, Mirage disguised herself as Starfire so he slept with her thinking it was his girlfriend. Even when Dick is with someone for a short time he's committed. And everyone says he's a slut but he's one f the most committed guys and has had some of the longest relationships in the DCU. He had the longest romance of the Titans, he and Kori were together for years. He even went to Tamaran to get her back, they lived together, even almost got married he was committed. He dated Babs, didn't care about the chair, didn't give up when she pushed him away, even proposed after they broke up. He loves and is committed. Bruce never was able to stay committed to Selina nor Talia. Dick doesn't purposely try bring a playboy that Bruce is. He tries to stay committed. People usually blow his love life out of proportion.

#29 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

You ought to do one of these for Hal Jordan or Tony Stark instead ;)

#31 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hai there :wave:

@smoothjammin: ok? You're hilarious.

Your posts are hilarious! How are you going to tell me it's okay for Starfire to sleep around with Roy then suggest Dick pick up his sloppy seconds?! That ship sailed a long time ago, I can't take your opinions seriously anymore acolombia. :cool2:

#32 Posted by Knightfall225 (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick falls in love alot thats all....hes not a slut

#34 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

"Flying Dick". LMAO.

#35 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

The death of his parents must have had some lingering psychological effects

#36 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by HuiZe (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy.

#38 Posted by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, he's not really that promiscuous, though he's a womanizer.

From what I've read, he has had some nights.

Pre-52

Barbra Gordon

Koriand'r

Huntress

Liu(lost his virginity too)

Mirage(disguised as Starfire)

Raven(They had connected, realistic dream sex due to Raven's powers....if that counts....XD)

Tarantula("Non-consensual" Sex -.-)

New 52

Raya Vestri

Koriand'r

He's not a slut.....but he does sleep around. He doesn't go and seek it, though. It sorta....just happens. XD He's portrayed to me more of a womanizer. This could be the result of those thinking Bruce and Richard both were homosexuals back in the day. Also, his lovelife is messy. It started out like that from Liu, who used him. Then he got with Kori.....things went sour. He had other girlfiend...but then came Barbral, Huntress, and Tarantula. Tarantula was infactuated with him and Huntress was attracted to him., even though Dick's heart lies with Barbra Gordon more.

Those are pretty much his most prominent love interests he's slept with.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.