Why does Babs hate Dick Grayson?

Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him, Bruce, and Tim equally. They're like the coolest family ever.

#1 Posted by IcarusMach9 (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara Gordon loves Dick Grayson. Or do you mean Babs the Comicvine staff member?

#2 Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I meant Sarah the Comicvine staff member, not Batgirl.

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcarusMach9 said:
" Barbara Gordon loves Dick Grayson. Or do you mean Babs the Comicvine staff member? "
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" Sorry, I meant Sarah the Comicvine staff member, not Batgirl. "
Why don't you PM her and ask?
Moderator
#5 Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  I didn't think of that. It's the first time that I've PM a staffmember. 
Thanks.
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" @Vance Astro:  I didn't think of that. It's the first time that I've PM a staffmember.  Thanks. "
Yup Yup.
Moderator
#7 Posted by danhimself (22207 posts) - - Show Bio

or you could use the thread pinned at the top of the forum page..."ASK BABS AND G-MAN QUESTIONS"

#8 Posted by Unbreakable Bracelets (134 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" or you could use the thread pinned at the top of the forum page..."ASK BABS AND G-MAN QUESTIONS" "
Bingo
#9 Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio
@Unbreakable Bracelets: Wow, I'm learning more than I thought I would.
#10 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4580 posts) - - Show Bio

because shes a Batgirl Fan?

#11 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13: 
i was jus guessing...
and as far as i kno... Babs(sara)
says "Dick is a dick"
so 
Maybe
he kinda doesnt?
 
another guess is...
She thinks shes better off with Bats.(Bruce)
#12 Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

Good answers, but I just sent Babs the question. I'll get my answer eventually (hopefully)

#13 Posted by Edamame (27875 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13: HA HA HA. Good luck!
#14 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio


Babs has been asked this question and even comic writer James Robinson asked her why during the CV Podcast interview a few weeks ago (look it up, it's there).   

Babs stated she's pissed at Dick Grayson because she feels Grayson abandoned Barbara Gordon right after the Joker shot her and paralyzed her.  Also, Grayson started dating Starfire.   I fail to recall the exact issue but Babs mentioned the comic where Barbara Gordon went to Grayson's apartment and Starfire answered the door wearing just a shirt.  Kind of rubbing it in Barbara's face so to speak.   
 
Although Grayson and Gordon have been kind off  again on again over the years it hasn't been what it initially was years ago.  Sara AKA Batgirl Babs hates that Grayson chose Starfire.  She also hates Starfire.    
 
I can understand Babs' reasoning.  It was interesting during the Podcast because James Robinson listened intently to what Sara was saying and actually said he'd have to re-think some things concerning Dick Grayson.  Who knows, maybe Sara will be instrumentatl in getting Grayson and Barbara Gordon back together?

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Babs didn't show up in here once.

Moderator
#16 Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I like how Babs didn't show up in here once. "
I guess she's busy with the WonderCon stuff.
 
@Decept-O said:
"


Babs has been asked this question and even comic writer James Robinson asked her why during the CV Podcast interview a few weeks ago (look it up, it's there).   

Babs stated she's pissed at Dick Grayson because she feels Grayson abandoned Barbara Gordon right after the Joker shot her and paralyzed her.  Also, Grayson started dating Starfire.   I fail to recall the exact issue but Babs mentioned the comic where Barbara Gordon went to Grayson's apartment and Starfire answered the door wearing just a shirt.  Kind of rubbing it in Barbara's face so to speak.   
 
Although Grayson and Gordon have been kind off  again on again over the years it hasn't been what it initially was years ago.  Sara AKA Batgirl Babs hates that Grayson chose Starfire.  She also hates Starfire.    
 
I can understand Babs' reasoning.  It was interesting during the Podcast because James Robinson listened intently to what Sara was saying and actually said he'd have to re-think some things concerning Dick Grayson.  Who knows, maybe Sara will be instrumentatl in getting Grayson and Barbara Gordon back together?

"

Thank you for that. I guess Sara really connects with Oracle's character, so her feelings about Dick are understandable. I can't really relate though since something like this hasn't happened to any of my favorite characters. 
 
Do any of you readers dislike another character for not being a good romantic partner?
#17 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell a Michael Moore Hates Americaesque documetary coming!
#18 Posted by ragman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

she doesn't

#19 Posted by Shanana (52804 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Captain13 said:
" Sorry, I meant Sarah the Comicvine staff member, not Batgirl. "
Why don't you PM her and ask? "
#20 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

I asked because she refers to him negatively in her Batman reviews. Watch some of them and see.

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13:
maybe she just doesnt want him as batman, im practically beggin for him to be nightwing again
#23 Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

 @Decept-O said:

"


Babs has been asked this question and even comic writer James Robinson asked her why during the CV Podcast interview a few weeks ago (look it up, it's there).   

Babs stated she's pissed at Dick Grayson because she feels Grayson abandoned Barbara Gordon right after the Joker shot her and paralyzed her.  Also, Grayson started dating Starfire.   I fail to recall the exact issue but Babs mentioned the comic where Barbara Gordon went to Grayson's apartment and Starfire answered the door wearing just a shirt.  Kind of rubbing it in Barbara's face so to speak.   
 
Although Grayson and Gordon have been kind off  again on again over the years it hasn't been what it initially was years ago.  Sara AKA Batgirl Babs hates that Grayson chose Starfire.  She also hates Starfire.    
 
I can understand Babs' reasoning.  It was interesting during the Podcast because James Robinson listened intently to what Sara was saying and actually said he'd have to re-think some things concerning Dick Grayson.  Who knows, maybe Sara will be instrumentatl in getting Grayson and Barbara Gordon back together?

"
  @joshmightbe:  I assumed from the tone of her voice when referring to him that she hated Dick, not Dick as Batman. You could be right. But I'm not totally sure about your answer though because of the quote above.
#24 Edited by Donomark (4 posts) - - Show Bio

She does know that Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon were never at any point together until the 90s right? Even in Post-Crisis, Dick and Babs never really went beyond playful flirting until the Dixon era in Nightwing. Dick didn't abandon anybody, he was with Starfire for years and Barbara never cared.
 
It's become a misconception that Dick and Babs have always been soulmates from the beginning. They really did not have any sort of relationship besides being friends for years and years and years. The Nightwing annual and everything that suggested otherwise are just retcons after the fact. Therefore he didn't abandon her anymore than Dinah or any other retconned friends did.

#25 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One: Wow haha not nice but funny
#26 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does anyone at this point question what Babs has to say??

#27 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Most Random fcking bump, ever.

#28 Edited by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs is upset(emotionally scarred) that Dick Grayson broke her favorite character's heart. Batgirl year one was the trade that got her into comics so I'd assume that because she's so attached, and women have double standards for everything, naturally she felt decieved when he chose the exotic alien beauty over the bipolar ginger b!tch. She's openly stated on the podcast how she wished Dick was the one Robin who should have died. Sorry Sara, this isn't Batman the animated series. Dick was too young and handsome for a cougar like Babs, don't let the retcons tell you otherwise folks. Super hater right there.

#29 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO don't know about all that, but in terms of the shooting by the Joker, Dick wasn't even on the planet at the time. He was on Tamaran. I know it makes it seem like he's choosing Starfire there (And he was with her so that's actually him being a good boyfriend) but he was gone before it happened. Its not like he heard about it and chose one over the other. They hadn't even been together before he started seeing Starfire so I don't see what the problem is. Both of them (Kori and Barbara) are great characters and helped Dick become the man he is. I'd rank the two of them in the Top 3 or 5 most important women in his life. Kori's the woman who made him a man (Speaking of more than sex lol) and Barbara's the woman who's always been his equal and challenged him.

#30 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

LMFAO don't know about all that, but in terms of the shooting by the Joker, Dick wasn't even on the planet at the time. He was on Tamaran. I know it makes it seem like he's choosing Starfire there (And he was with her so that's actually him being a good boyfriend) but he was gone before it happened. Its not like he heard about it and chose one over the other. They hadn't even been together before he started seeing Starfire so I don't see what the problem is. Both of them (Kori and Barbara) are great characters and helped Dick become the man he is. I'd rank the two of them in the Top 3 or 5 most important women in his life. Kori's the woman who made him a man (Speaking of more than sex lol) and Barbara's the woman who's always been his equal and challenged him.

And ppl moan and complain about him missing Jason's death as well when Bruce didn't even msg him to let him know about either tragedy

#31 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

LMFAO don't know about all that, but in terms of the shooting by the Joker, Dick wasn't even on the planet at the time. He was on Tamaran. I know it makes it seem like he's choosing Starfire there (And he was with her so that's actually him being a good boyfriend) but he was gone before it happened. Its not like he heard about it and chose one over the other. They hadn't even been together before he started seeing Starfire so I don't see what the problem is. Both of them (Kori and Barbara) are great characters and helped Dick become the man he is. I'd rank the two of them in the Top 3 or 5 most important women in his life. Kori's the woman who made him a man (Speaking of more than sex lol) and Barbara's the woman who's always been his equal and challenged him.

And ppl moan and complain about him missing Jason's death as well when Bruce didn't even msg him to let him know about either tragedy

Because its totally like him and Dick has beef at the time.

#32 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Revamp: Right. Then when is it appropriate to draw the line? How asinine of Bruce not to have informed Dick, even under the circumstances, of his brothers death. IF they swapped places and Bruce had uncovered that sort of information he'd have gone mad, changed his costume into something even more laughable..probably OD on valium. Who knows. In Dick's defense Bruce was just being Bruce, a stubborn asshat.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.