Who would make a good Nightwing in 'Arrow'

#1 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

Like what the titles says.

Arrow Season 2 coming in October 9

#2 Posted by Teerack (5349 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the CW so it will likely be someone no one has ever heard of.

#3 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's kind of played out but after watching season 1 of Lost again, I think Ian Somerhalder does the role justice.

#4 Posted by RustyRoy (10941 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's kind of played out but after watching season 1 of Lost again, I think Ian Somerhalder does the role justice.

Agreed.

#5 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15180 posts) - - Show Bio

I so wish we were getting Nightwing instead of Flash in season 2.

Don't get me wrong, I love Barry - but Arrow + powers just does not seem to mix with me right now. I guess I can hope they'll fix it this year or something.

#6 Edited by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly because of Batman to be in the BatmanSuperman move there's an embargo on them using him. Same with Wonder Woman characters because of the shelved Amazon tv pilot that was going to be on the CW.

But for Nightwing I would like someone rather unknown instead of a very established actor. Personally Ian would be too old, plus he's on TVD as a main character.

#7 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the guy who plays Roy Harper.

#8 Edited by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god no, he's awful. He's literally playing the same character over and over and over, no matter the role he takes.

#9 Edited by johnnythejokingnightwing (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: steven mcain from grayson earth one and roy harrper will bé speedy/red arrow just like in the comics

#10 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind

@teerack said:

This is the CW so it will likely be someone no one has ever heard of.

I personally wouldn't mind that myself. I'd never heard of Tom Welling before Smallville and I thought he ended up working out fairly well.

I can't really think of any actor I know currently who screams Dick Grayson in my mind after all.

#11 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Bomer maybe?

#12 Posted by richardjohngrayson (414 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd watch the episodes he appeared in. And while we're on the subject, he's someone I could certainly see playing Nightwing.

#15 Edited by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: I can literally see our boy taking over the show as a breakout character. Wouldn't it be something if Nightwing became a spin-off series from Arrow which is more a less another spin off? lol

#16 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude who plays Sam Winchester... Jared Padalecki. It'd be nice to see him playing a relatively relaxed upbeat role as Nightwing. He buffs up a little bit (Dick isn't a bodybuilder, so it's fine), he could do it.

Also throw in Dean as Jason Todd and boom! Return to form. I know, that's going too far.

#17 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Dude who plays Sam Winchester... Jared Padalecki. It'd be nice to see him playing a relatively relaxed upbeat role as Nightwing. He buffs up a little bit (Dick isn't a bodybuilder, so it's fine), he could do it.

Also throw in Dean as Jason Todd and boom! Return to form. I know, that's going too far.

Just based on the many different roles his character has had to play in the Supernatural I think he has the talent...he's so tall though lol he'd tower over freaking batman!

@nathaniel_christopher: I can literally see our boy taking over the show as a breakout character. Wouldn't it be something if Nightwing became a spin-off series from Arrow which is more a less another spin off? lol

I'd love to see that happen, and I think the show wouldn't have a problem gaining an audience. The fanbase is there, and new fans are coming in all the time. As you say, the same thing basically happened with Oliver appearing in Smallville one time, then again and again, then the character gets his own origin show.

#18 Edited by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by BB_N (1 posts) - - Show Bio

If Green Arrow is this young, wouldn't Nightwing is gonna be like a baby?

#20 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@bb_n: Wat. Ollie isn't that much older than Dick Grayson in the new 52, and the show doesn't have to follow the comics.

#21 Edited by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

If he wasn't on TVD I'd say Steve R. McQueen. He could've been available but of course they had to go bring him back to life. It was reported he is a big fan of nightwing and has been campaigning for the role if it were to actually happen. Which I highly doubt, but I think he'd be the best choice as far as CW actors go. Plus he's Steve Mcqueens grandson so being a notable bada$$ could be in his blood.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.