Whats is Nightwing's Forever Evil fate?

Posted by scouts1998 (594 posts) 7 months, 13 hours ago

Poll: Whats is Nightwing's Forever Evil fate? (45 votes)

Die his hair Blonde 44%
He will die 18%
Other 38%

With his series ending at issue #30, the fate of nightwing could be anything!

The #30 issue might not even have Nightwing in it. I say this because his current series will catch up with Forever Evil in #29 where we see him take Mr Zsasz to Gotham from Chicago (i think in issue 29 we will find out how he did that aswell).

Also is Nightwing in the Batman Eternal teaser? Is that him with Blonde hair? Or is it someone else?

#1 Posted by havoc1201 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

He becomes batman again

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11314 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt he's going to actually die because that would cause tons of fans to riot. I do think he'll go into hiding or something - hopefully he'll mentor a new teen group either Young Justice or New Teen Titans.

#3 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201: I would go on a rampage if that shit happened it didnt even make sense for him to become Batman the first time

#4 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 30 might be the last nightwing title so their is nly two choices really ether he dies or his title turns into a teambook

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to believe the "Outlaw Justice" rumor where he's leading a team in a post-Forever Evil America where heroes are outlawed.

I don't like the "heroes being outlawed" concept, but it's a better alternative than Dick being killed.

#6 Posted by richardjohngrayson (422 posts) - - Show Bio

He dies and DC will NEVER see another dime of my money. He is not a damn plot point so I won't vote in the poll. DC has been jerking us Grayson fans around and it sucks. I'm not buying another DC Comics ANYTHING!!! until they tell us if he lives or not.

#7 Edited by wimble23 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see them killing him off. He will most likely lead some type of team book.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11314 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

I like to believe the "Outlaw Justice" rumor where he's leading a team in a post-Forever Evil America where heroes are outlawed.

I don't like the "heroes being outlawed" concept, but it's a better alternative than Dick being killed.

I haven't heard of that rumor. If true that sucks. DC was always about their heroes being accepted, being outlawed just seems so Marvelesque.

#9 Edited by wtk1013 (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Didio has been dying to kill Nightwing, I hope he won't die.I think dick will round up a group of heroes and form a team, I believe since Wally West is returning he will he chosen, with Raven, Starfire , and a rumored Donna Troy set to appear in SM/WW. This how I think he will end up and the old titans coming back.

#10 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013 said:

Didio has been dying to kill Nightwing, I hope he won't die.I think dick will round up a group of heroes and form a team, I believe since wally is returning he will he chosen, with Raven, Starfire , and a rumored Donna Troy set to appear in SM/WW. This how I think he will end up and the old titans comjng back.

I would be ecstatic if this would come true. In the meantime, I'll just keep telling myself that he's not going to die.

#11 Posted by RDClip (1128 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be dumb to kill him off. DC has already killed at least 2 legacy heroes in the last year (Damien and Superboy). Killing off Dick wouldn't really be shocking.

#12 Edited by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: Yeah, a lot of what I've heard from post-Forever Evil stuff seems Marvel-like (Luthor and Cold joining the League and being in the world's good graces after vanquishing a horrible threat, heroes being outlawed.) But as I said in my previous post, I'd take that and have Dick be alive over the alternative.

#13 Posted by scouts1998 (594 posts) - - Show Bio

If they kill him off that means 2 robins are dead. Which means Tim Drake will be the most successful robin because he hasn't died (yet)

#14 Edited by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

In DC's not too distant, dystopian future I wanted to see Dick Grayson blossom into the leader of a major resistance group(think of Katniss Everdeen in Hunger Games:Mockingjay) responsible for fighting back against the corrupt powers that be in the name of freedom. How can Dick not be a symbol of hope for people, he has nothing left to lose. His identity was exposed to the world. Therein lied the solution. Who can't relate to him one way or another right? Rally every cape, civilian and antihero behind his cause and take back what's theirs! Of course leave it to DC to majorly drop the ball when it comes to giving one of their legacy heroes a chance to shine. I predicted Forever Evil would either make or break Nightwing and I suppose I was right on because it turns out the title is being cancelled and replaced. Dick is going blond and sent right back into the pages of Batman. Eternal to be exact. As a longtime fan I am sad to see this day. Nightwing forever.

#15 Edited by youknowwhattodo (975 posts) - - Show Bio

In DC's not too distant, dystopian future I wanted to see Dick Grayson blossom into the leader of a major resistance group(think of Katniss Everdeen in Hunger Games:Mockingjay) responsible for fighting back against the corrupt powers that be in the name of freedom. How can Dick not be a symbol of hope for people, he has nothing left to lose. His identity was exposed to the world. Therein lied the solution. Who can't relate to him one way or another right? Rally every cape, civilian and antihero behind his cause and take back what's theirs! Of course leave it to DC to majorly drop the ball when it comes to giving one of their legacy heroes a chance to shine. I predicted Forever Evil would either make or break Nightwing and I suppose I was right on because it turns out the title is being cancelled and replaced. Dick is going blond and sent right back into the pages of Batman. Eternal to be exact. As a longtime fan I am sad to see this day. Nightwing forever.

Well your theory fits right in with the "Outlaw Justice" rumor that circulated a month ago. I don't see him going back with Batman though, I remember reading in Forever Evil that Bruce was remorseful over the fact that he screwed up Dick Grayson's life, I find it hard to believe that after that revelation that he would make amends by....bringing him back in as Robin (it's the complete opposite). If anything, I believe he will sever ties with the Bat-family in order to protect them, since one could easily tie Dick Grayson to Bruce Wayne and Barbara Gordon.

#16 Posted by Dzeytoun (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Dick will die. The cover of Nightwing #30 is pushing that idea so hard it just screams for skepticism. What else will happen, I really don't know. Given the symbology of the broken lenses in the mask and the blood, I'm tempted to think he will be stricken blind (shades of Daredevil). It's hard to see how Bruce Wayne and the others aren't already squarely in the sites after the revelation about Nightwing. Of course, it's hard to see how people haven't grasped the obvious since Batman, Inc. Then again, this is a universe full of people who can't recognize Kal-El when he's wearing glasses.

#17 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

I PRAY to god that dick doesnt die

#18 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

I'm not necessarily against this happening, and i've never really had a problem with the outlawed heroes idea (As long as it's handled tasefully and wrapped up nicely) though it does scream Marvel, with Civil War still being fairly fresh in everyone's minds.

#19 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

If he doesn't die i hope he will abandon the USA and begin a new team of The Outsiders

#20 Edited by ColaNicole (577 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, Nightwing dying will just make Forever Evil an even bigger event. I'm not his biggest fan, so I don't care if he dies but I can see why his fans are against it. But, he won't die. DC won't risk it and it's too soon. If he was gonna die, it wouldn't be so obvious.

#21 Posted by Deadpool_9 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that he will end up teaming up with Owlman. Dick will realize that the Crime Syndicate is going to kill him and that accepting Owlman's proposal is the only way to live. He will effectively be a double agent; he doesn't actually agree with, or trust Owlman, but is working on stopping him from the inside.

#22 Posted by ColaNicole (577 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool_9: This has kinda already happened...well, he's agreed to help Owlman, as he is the lesser of two evils.

#23 Posted by Deadpool_9 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@colanicole: Yeah. I think Owlman will be around after the events of FE. Owlman and Grayson working together with Dick adopting a new persona. The heroes think Dick turned evil, but in fact he is just playing Owlman and attempting to take him down, while at the same time trying to pick up the pieces of his life.

#24 Posted by AceTheBatHound (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I think nightwing will disappear and go in to hiding

then there will be a nightwing issue out in April 2015 for his 75th anniversary

#25 Posted by Dzeytoun (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I think nightwing will disappear and go in to hiding

then there will be a nightwing issue out in April 2015 for his 75th anniversary

Or he could be arrested as an illegal vigilante and imprisoned. Snyder has said that Batman 28, which gives a peek at events six months in the future of the Bat Family, is called something like "Through the Keyhole" and the early cover art shows a jail cell door with a bat-shaped keyhole. That would certainly be a traumatic event for the Bat Fam, and as you say, it could set him up for a release at the end of Forever Evil in time for the anniversary.

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (14653 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt the fact that he will die.He will probably take a new identity and become a new person,a new hero.

#27 Posted by richardjohngrayson (422 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like they have dragged this out for so long that no matter the out come I will resent them. The new 52 is a mess. They have all this bulls**t change for the sake of change. They don't respect Dick Grayson or his fans. They don't respect anything for that matter. I'm just disgusted with DC comics as a whole.

#28 Edited by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson said:

I feel like they have dragged this out for so long that no matter the out come I will resent them. The new 52 is a mess. They have all this bulls**t change for the sake of change. They don't respect Dick Grayson or his fans. They don't respect anything for that matter. I'm just disgusted with DC comics as a whole.

They don't respect the Original Teen Titans really. Changing Beast Boy up for no reason, Raven isn't with her old friends, Starfire changes just cause Lobdell blames Culture, Wally and Donna had to wait before getting into the reboot, Tempest is no where, Cyborg only knows some of them as a passing acquaintance.

They really messed up a lot of character just for the sake of it. They think it's good change but it sucks most of the time because they change the actual things loveable. Didio constantly tweets the New 52 is about being different to fans who tweet about N52 negatively. that's the problem. So different it sucks and is no where what they use to be. Then again, Didio is known for thinking changing something(to the point its unrecogizable) is a good story or killing off characters for shock value is good story, too. And some writers follow this logic now.

Someone higher up really needs to knock whoever needs knocking and say the New 52 is lacklustering in many aspects such as continuity and development in their character. People use to write comics for years before a new creative team, not 4 issues. It's a good idea but it's executed so horribly now. Horrible writing has never been so present in comics before. Image looks 10000x better.

I hope in years, this gets better. Majorly. They need to tackle so many problems. They act like as if the New 52 is this big sucessful thing. It's not. Even writers within Dc that aren't the "top tier writers"(It's debatable on who these people are tbh. DC considers Scott Lobdell to be the man when he isn't. At all.) suffer from it. But none of them are brave enough to actually admit it. They be nice about thing when dismissed or direction changes.

#29 Posted by richardjohngrayson (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson said:

They don't respect the Original Teen Titans really. Changing Beast Boy up for no reason, Raven isn't with her old friends, Starfire changes just cause Lobdell blames Culture, Wally and Donna had to wait before getting into the reboot, Tempest is no where, Cyborg only knows some of them as a passing acquaintance.

They really messed up a lot of character just for the sake of it. They think it's good change but it sucks most of the time because they change the actual things loveable. Didio constantly tweets the New 52 is about being different to fans who tweet about N52 negatively. that's the problem. So different it sucks and is no where what they use to be. Then again, Didio is known for thinking changing something(to the point its unrecogizable) is a good story or killing off characters for shock value is good story, too. And some writers follow this logic now.

Someone higher up really needs to knock whoever needs knocking and say the New 52 is lacklustering in many aspects such as continuity and development in their character. People use to write comics for years before a new creative team, not 4 issues. It's a good idea but it's executed so horribly now. Horrible writing has never been so present in comics before. Image looks 10000x better.

I hope in years, this gets better. Majorly. They need to tackle so many problems. They act like as if the New 52 is this big sucessful thing. It's not. Even writers within Dc that aren't the "top tier writers"(It's debatable on who these people are tbh. DC considers Scott Lobdell to be the man when he isn't. At all.) suffer from it. But none of them are brave enough to actually admit it. They be nice about thing when dismissed or direction changes.

Amen, bro. It's just disheartening.

#30 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the New Teen Titans, Cyborg's the only one who was treated halfway decently. The rest were just kicked to the curb. DC had this idea for the New 52 to de-age the older characters, make them younger and hipper, and presumably more relateable. In doing so, they just disregarded the next generation. (Heck even Tim and Connor aren't as good as they were. I've barely been paying attention, but Bart seems to be an annoying douche with barely any connection to who he was before. And so on.)

#31 Posted by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Of the New Teen Titans, Cyborg's the only one who was treated halfway decently. The rest were just kicked to the curb. DC had this idea for the New 52 to de-age the older characters, make them younger and hipper, and presumably more relateable. In doing so, they just disregarded the next generation. (Heck even Tim and Connor aren't as good as they were. I've barely been paying attention, but Bart seems to be an annoying douche with barely any connection to who he was before. And so on.)

Cyborg was treated only because he was black. >_> And not using the "Black Power" Stereotype. Of course DC has to make him look decent at best! Cause most of their Black Heroes just suck(I'm black so I can say this!). Marvels are better because they stop the stereotyping and actually find interest in them. Black Panther >>>>>>>>> Batwing

And that's the problem! They're young. And that's no fun for the character who use to be the younger and hip character(AKA The Orginial Teen Titans and other incarnations). If we wanted young, hipper characters they were the ones we looked at. Now they're just....there. They're not that much older then them.

#32 Edited by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

@wtk1013 said:

Didio has been dying to kill Nightwing, I hope he won't die.I think dick will round up a group of heroes and form a team, I believe since wally is returning he will he chosen, with Raven, Starfire , and a rumored Donna Troy set to appear in SM/WW. This how I think he will end up and the old titans comjng back.

I would be ecstatic if this would come true. In the meantime, I'll just keep telling myself that he's not going to die.

I doubt he's going to actually die because that would cause tons of fans to riot. I do think he'll go into hiding or something - hopefully he'll mentor a new teen group either Young Justice or New Teen Titans.

A New Teen Titans reboot with the classic 80s roster would be one of the best things to happen to the New 52.

#33 Posted by daredevil21134 (11362 posts) - - Show Bio

So he's not gonna be Nightwing anymore?

#34 Posted by CyberWarrior (1517 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by youknowwhattodo (975 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

@daredevil21134: Annyone out there to answer this question please?

We don't really know at this point, it is possible that he continues as Nightwing all the time instead of the typical-superhero-by-night/regular-person-by-day. There was a leak on 4Chan that showed one of the upcoming June series launch would be Nightwing and Bluebird, if it is Dick Grayson as Nightwing it is an obvious parallel to Batman and Robin. However, until we get an official announcement, it should be treated as a rumor.

Another supporting evidence for the theory that Dick Grayson will stay as Nightwing (or at the very least alive) is this text to Sonia at the end of Nightwing #29 (NOTE THE DATE). It seems like he sent the last text AFTER Forever Evil.

#36 Posted by CyberWarrior (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.