Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9476 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

What will happen to Nightwing in Forever Evil Revealed

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Apparently he won't be killed or crippled, but something stupid will happen, according to spoilers said that he will reveal his identity of Dick Grayson to the world. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/19/will-nightwing-get-civil-warred-potential-forever-evil-spoilers/

Thoughts? :/

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
    The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raped again

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

This kinda sucks.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Squalleon

And people still won't understand that Batman is Bruce Wayne....

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

It's only a prediction though. Something totally different might happen.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@squalleon: Buhahaha, Bruce Wayne is Batman? Oh, you must be joking you silly little man you.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Somehow" everyone forgot Peter Parker was Spider-Man? The heck's this guy talking about? It was completely explained why everyone forgot lol moving on though...

No. Just no. Nothing good will come of this. It's an awful idea. It's bad enough that everyone's acting as if the Joker shouldn't know full well that Batman=Bruce Wayne after literally crafting Jason's entire life. Do we really need this to happen as well?

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: read the article it talks about the comparison to that it won't be like it it'll stick to his character,

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Apparently he won't be killed or crippled, but something stupid will happen, according to spoilers said that he will reveal his identity of Dick Grayson to the world. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/19/will-nightwing-get-civil-warred-potential-forever-evil-spoilers/

Thoughts? :/

If this happens, Geoff Johns is dead to me and I'm cancelling half my DC books in search of greener pastures.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like how Bleeding Cool thinks that they're the only ones who "think" that Nightwing won't die when DC has been telling everyone that he's definitely not going to die

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Shitty idea

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmoothJammin

Why is Dick always the batmember whose identity is always exposed gdammit. This'll be like the 6th or 7th time now. Jeez.. even in YJ old man haly was able to cut through all the bs. There goes his social life...

Has this ever worked for a character? Seriously.. enlighten me CV.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Praying to God this situation works out for him T_T

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's just a rumor and if it happens it will be underwhelming because we all know that it won't stick but its still better than getting crippled or killed, right?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acolombia said:

@nathaniel_christopher: read the article it talks about the comparison to that it won't be like it it'll stick to his character,

Uh, I did read the article and i'm a little insulted you're implying that I didn't. I was pointing out that by the author's writing, it didn't sound like he'd read the Spider-Man series for long after One More Day.

I could honestly care less if it sticks or not, it's still an awful idea. As @smoothjammin pointed out this idea's overplayed and never works out, or lasts, making it pointless, especially if it's the big reveal for an event that's been hyped up pretty badly as changing the character.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dick Grayson lived in an orphanage in the New-52,not much of a connection there.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@squalleon said:

Dick Grayson lived in an orphanage in the New-52,not much of a connection there.

• He was working for Bruce Wayne every afternoon for years in the new 52.
    • Bruce Wayne was present at his parents death.
    • Both saw their parents die infront of their eyes.
    • The orphanage was Bruce Wayne's
    • Bruce Wayne created Batman INC
    • Robin dissapeared the same time Damian went to study abroad.

Still these are plenty clues for even the worst detective on gotham to understand what's happening.

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AColombia

@nathaniel_christopher: agreed its a stupid idea, DC just wants to further ruin a great character. I officially cancel all ties between DC and myself once this crap goes down. Ill get his annual in October then I'm done.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@squalleon said:

• He was working for Bruce Wayne every afternoon for years in the new 52.
    • Bruce Wayne was present at his parents death.
    • Both saw their parents die infront of their eyes.
    • The orphanage was Bruce Wayne's
    • Bruce Wayne created Batman INC
    • Robin dissapeared the same time Damian went to study abroad.

Still these are plenty clues for even the worst detective on gotham to understand what's happening.

Also dick was on stage with bruce tim and damian when bruce announced he backs the Batman with money and tech

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmoothJammin

@havoc1201: Lets not forget, it gives the GCPD/Jim Gordon enough probable cause to dig their noses deep into his whole operation. Dick arguably worked the most alongside gothams police force, I'm sure there are some who will recognize his voice/physical features. Its no good DC, don't do it... how many hoops will you continually have to jump through to avoid Nightwing's correlation to Bruce?

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

It's sad actually... I'm so thankful that he isn't getting killed or crippled that I'm actually ok with this. I feel like I've been abused so much by DC that things that bothered me before just doesn't bother me anymore. I don't trust this being handled well in Forever Evil but, Kyle Higgins can do some great stuff with Nightwing in his book with his identity being revealed. They took away his friends and now his identity...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RustyRoy

It's sad actually... I'm so thankful that he isn't getting killed or crippled that I'm actually ok with this. I feel like I've been abused so much by DC that things that bothered me before just doesn't bother me anymore. I don't trust this being handled well in Forever Evil but, Kyle Higgins can do some great stuff with Nightwing in his book with his identity being revealed. They took away his friends and now his identity...

Seems like the tagline of Taken.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they will steal from Tim Drakes Pre-New 52 stories and when his identity comes out put Dick Grayson into a bad accident and into a crutches or a wheel chair while Nightwings still fights crime nightly totally throwing the Dick as Nightwing theory out (Similar to what Tim did towards the end of the Pre New 52)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DEGRAAF

@nightwing_beyond: Yeah they are really tearing him down hard.

@smoothjammin said:

Why is Dick always the batmember whose identity is always exposed gdammit. This'll be like the 6th or 7th time now. Jeez.. even in YJ old man haly was able to cut through all the bs. There goes his social life...

It worked for Ironman and John Stewart (sort of since he doesnt go back to earth anymore)

They mention that he will get caught by Superwomans lasso and be forced to give up his identity to the world due to the powers of her lasso. Except unless they changed the powers of her lasso for the New 52 her lasso doesnt reveal the truth it make the person caught by the lasso release their inhibitions so unless he wants to reveal his identity that wouldn't make sense

dropkickjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dropkickjake

@degraaf said:

@smoothjammin said:

It worked for Ironman and John Stewart (sort of since he doesnt go back to earth anymore)

They mention that he will get caught by Superwomans lasso and be forced to give up his identity to the world due to the powers of her lasso. Except unless they changed the powers of her lasso for the New 52 her lasso doesnt reveal the truth it make the person caught by the lasso release their inhibitions so unless he wants to reveal his identity that wouldn't make sense

Actually, I could almost even see that fitting with his character. He doesn't have the true split persona that Bruce does; he's always been the same inside of the costume as out of it. He is a showman at heart, as a kid he probably always dreamed of having his name in lights. Hell, he DID have his name in lights. I could see it work that Dick Grayson has always wanted to tell the world who he is, not to get glory, but to be able to stop hiding, to be himself.

That said, it would still be a stupid move and id prefer it not happen.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

@smoothjammin said:

Actually, I could almost even see that fitting with his character. He doesn't have the true split persona that Bruce does; he's always been the same inside of the costume as out of it. He is a showman at heart, as a kid he probably always dreamed of having his name in lights. Hell, he DID have his name in lights. I could see it work that Dick Grayson has always wanted to tell the world who he is, not to get glory, but to be able to stop hiding, to be himself.

That said, it would still be a stupid move and id prefer it not happen.

What you said is exactly how Kyle Higgins would approach this I imagine.

geekto11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I can't see them killing off Nightwing I'm enjoying his run.

dropkickjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dropkickjake: NONE of us want it to happen.

What you said is exactly how Kyle Higgins would approach this I imagine.

Yeah, I don't prefer it. I actually quite trust Kyle with the character these days. If this happens, it'll probably be Johns' decision, and Kyle will have to deal with it somehow.

Also, lets entertain, just for a moment, the possibility that this could even be a good move. Not "in universe," mind you. As has been said, this bit has been done. However, we have all talked about how Grayson needs more name recognition. "Dick Grayson is Nightwing?!" being released on news sites and what not could push his name into the forefront a bit more.

Again, I hope this isnt the news, but it wouldnt be the end of the world.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The notion that Nightwing's identity is revealed is sorta silly. Bleeding cool has been known to be wrong about their predictions a lot. DC had to come out and say Nightwing wasn't going to die. xD And why would he reveal is identity? Superwoman's Lasso doesn't make you tell the truth. It releases your inhibitions. I doubt that.

Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nightwing_Beyond

@jayaaerow said:

The notion that Nightwing's identity is revealed is sorta silly. Bleeding cool has been known to be wrong about their predictions a lot. DC had to come out and say Nightwing wasn't going to die. xD And why would he reveal is identity? Superwoman's Lasso doesn't make you tell the truth. It releases your inhibitions. I doubt that.

With all that's changed in the New 52, I seriously doubt DC would have any trouble changing up Superwoman's lasso to suit the plot's needs.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JayAaerow

@jayaaerow said:

With all that's changed in the New 52, I seriously doubt DC would have any trouble changing up Superwoman's lasso to suit the plot's needs.

Okay.....thinking that....I'm somewhat worried now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.