Team BaTMAN IS THE ONES WHO WANT DICK AS bATMAN
#1 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13422 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Nightwing
#2 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to pick, I'd say team Nightwing

#3 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Team BATMAN!!! (It sounds cooler too.)

#4 Posted by coolbeans (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely loved Dick as Batman.  He has had great character development over the last few years which has been a joy to watch.  Despite this I have no real objection to him going back to Nightwing as long as they treat it more like him making an independent name for himself rather than a demotion after being Batman.  As long as Dick Grayson is written the correct way and continues to become the hero he has the potential to be then I don't really care if he does it as Batman or Nightwing.

#5 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@coolbeans: Cool beans, mister. XD
#6 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

A wise Babs once said "Is thinking Dick Grayson is Diet Batman." or something like that. The point is, She called him Diet Batman, And that's what he was. He needs to stay Nightwing.

#7 Posted by Telcalipoca (962 posts) - - Show Bio

team dick grayson. doesnt matter what mantle he takes up so long as he continues to be him ill follow

#8 Posted by Foolkiller (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, but i liked him more than bruce as batman.

#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92873 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

#10 Posted by 8diagrams (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson was pretty good as Batman, but ultimately he is Nightwing. I wish they gave Nightwing a more prominent role in the DC universe and I also hope at some point in some run Batman and Nightwing work together full time as a Batman and Robin type duo.

#11 Posted by Batmarcus (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Telcalipoca said:
team dick grayson. doesnt matter what mantle he takes up so long as he continues to be him ill follow
I agree as long as he is around  I will read his comic
#12 Posted by The_Tree (7737 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Nightwing!

#13 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Nightwing, too bad his book count has dropped to one measly title 
(Makes you wonder how many appearances he'll make on B&R)

#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Nightwing.

#15 Posted by MydLyfeCrysis (106 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to say. The past 6 months I've returned to my love of comics after a long hiatus, and so much has changed. I've been playing catch up for about seven years worth of stories. I still have Nightwing #1 and remember how awesome it was to see a Robin character evolve into something new. And, after reading through the books that lead to Grayson becoming Batman, it was again, fantastic to see this character we've followed undergo some real progression. With that said, I can't say I'm disappointed to see Grayson return to Nightwing. Yes, it is three steps back to two forward, but I don't necessarily view it as a bad thing. With me missing so much, I am excited to see Bruce come back. I am interested to see the dynamic between Bruce and Damian.

I know, I didn't give an answer, but I don't have one. If Grayson stayed Batman I would have been OK with that, and would look forward to it. With Grayson returning to Nightwing and Bruce becoming Batman, I still have much to look forward to.

Here's to hoping that it leads to good stories, whatever happens.

#16 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Nightwing. Dick as Batman was fun, but he's always been Nightwing to me, even when he was wearing the Batman suit.

#17 Posted by kev17 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

dick grayson aint batman . he sucks as the dark knight. As nightwing, hes his own man, so NIGHTWING

#18 Posted by daredevil21134 (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Nightwing

#19 Posted by _slim_ (13269 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

#20 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that he's got some respect as Batman, my hope is he can finally bring some respect to Nightwing as a solo act. At least as much as Wally had as a fully established Flash. So I guess I'm on Team Nightwing even though I loved him as batman.

#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is. No matter if he calls himself Robin, Nightwing, Renegade, The Target, Batman,etc.  Dick is still Dick under his mask.  

And I couldn't agree more with Nicieza 

What do you think will be lasting affect of Dick Grayson’s run as Batman on the DCU? Or will there be one?

I don't think you can predict history. Come back and ask me in 10 years!

As a fan of the character for over 40 years, I am very happy with how his role as Batman has elevated his status in the DCU--and I mean that across the board, both in the world of fiction and in reality.

I think many editors, writers and readers now see him a little differently than they might have before, and learned a lot about the character that they might not have previously considered. I also think many DCU characters see him in a new light, whereas other characters who knew him well only gained a reaffirmation of what they knew all along--that Dick is the coolest cat in town!

How do you feel Dick was viewed before his Batman run?

As the "sidekick in green shorts and pixie boots" by many readers, creators and editors. Now the smarter ones have joined the club. The club being officially called, "The Club Of Those Of Us Who Got A Clue A Long, Long Time Ago."

#22 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I be both?

#23 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

NIghtwing

#24 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with team Batdick

#25 Posted by RazzaTazz (9679 posts) - - Show Bio

I object to the Twilight-esque use of team on the bat heroes, but Dick belongs as Nightwing and doing stuff on his own.  He earned it.  

#26 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin....

#27 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason people say they want him as Nightwing is because they think he's "cooler" or he's "cute" or some stupid reasons like that. None of those are valid points to complain about. I like them equally but it would  be stupid for him to go back to being Nightwing. It's pointless.

#28 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Nightwing.

#29 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

nightwing,but i haven't read him as batman....yet.

#30 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Foolkiller said:

Nightwing, but i liked him more than bruce as batman.
#31 Posted by DB150 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Batman because he has proven time and time again that he can do things on his own

PS he has gotten hooked up a few times with hot heroes

#32 Edited by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing!

#33 Posted by smiling4ever (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Nightwing

#34 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

NIGHTWING

#35 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I identify him as Nightwing in my head, but I do see him becoming Batman eventually, and moving on from the NIghtwing name so i'm not really sure where that puts me. I think as NIghtwing though he's just as great a hero as Batman is, so let's just say Nightwing.

#36 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Batman while I like him as Nightwing he made an amazing Dark Knight and proved to fill Bruce's boots well and beyond. Kind of how Wally was when he took up Barry's mantle of Flash. He made an incredible Dynamic Duo with Damian and he deserves to have a high position as leader of the JL. Plus he's the oldest of the boys and has been called Bruce's prodigal son many times if anyone should continue the legacy it's him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.