Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9486 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

what should a NW New 52 team be called?

• 57 results
    RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RitchieB

the question is pretty self explanatory, so what do you guys think? Grayson has been apart of a lot of teams during his career i.e. The Teen Titans, Young Justice, The Outsiders, etc. which one would best fit him the best in the New 52?

I would say at this point since there is no chance of him becoming a Titan again,so I would go with The Network (but not as Bat-focused) when Bruce died the Network was formed to keep Gotham safe, I could really see Nightwing using this team again (different members/ same concept) to protect the world since all the JLs are going to be "Dead"

what do you guys think?

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he should be a Titan, Tims with the Teen Titans why not let Dick and the old New Teen Titans be the Titans they're older, or if not let that roster return as the Outsidersi think the Outsiders with those characters would be great and the team of Dick, Starfire, Donna, Beast Boy, Raven, Wally, and Roy was always popular and Donna and Wally could actually exist. Outsiders would work for me, I just want those people I just named on a team together again.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should lead his own secret JL team. Justice League Outsiders would have been such a good name, but they are using the Outsiders in that Green Arrow story, so that is off the table probably.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Denam_Pavel

Network coming back for a story arc would be good but I'd like to see Nightwing eventually settle in a new JLA.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe be called the replacements, an itd be a bunch of protoge heros like wally west(flash) kyle rayner(green lantern) dick grayson connor hawke(green arrow) connor kent(superboy) whoever the new blue beatle is maybe throw in red tornado an some girls that are replacements none come to mind right now

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acolombia I dont think Titan would work, not that I am against it but the DCU is actively working against it. It has been made very clear that in the new 52 that the only "titans" are the current Tim Drake Team. it has also been made very clear that most of those people you listed were never a titan in the new 52, the ones that are still titans have been completely changed. so the logistics of ever bring back the old titans would be staggering.

@munsu the name sounds cool however I do believe that there are to many Justice League books. I mean Justice League, Justice League International (cancelled), Justice League of America, Justice League Dark. its all kind of played out. And the problem with the Outsiders is that Dick quit the team because it wasn't for him. but then again that doesn't mean that the entire Outsider lore cant be changed as DC has changed so many things before.

@denam_pavel I just dont see DC erasing the entire new lore of the JLA just to accommodate Nightwing, and Bruce covers the Bat-Familys ass to much for Dick to be manipulated by Waller. Unless the JLA ends up going rouge because of all the BS, Waller is doing which has already happened to some extent in the Trinity War. the could break from Wallers control then, Nightwing could act as as their leader and someone that the JL trusts in order to make sure they are never used to try and take down the Justice League again. However the Justice League helping a government agency go rouge to secure their own preservation is a bit of a Justice Lord move and would undoubtedly cause tension between the JL and the American Government.

The reason I personally like The Network so much is that it is the only team the Nightwing has been confirmed to still have been apart of in the New 52 and since the "old teen titans" never existed, it is probably the only team that Nightwing has ever been in. plus it would be relatively simple to incorporate him working with Starfire and Roy during Final Crises and that they ( star and roy ) were part of his Network when Batman died.

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By batmannflash

Nightwing and his servants.

But no really. He could form a young justice type team. They could operate in Bludhaven or Chicago, since he's there anyways. Introduce Ms Martian. Get Aquagirl (she has appeared in Aquaman), Beast Boy (since Ravagers is canceled), Terra (again, Ravagers canceled), and Blue Beetle (since BB is canceled anyways).

So...

• Nightwing
    • Ms Martian
    • Aquagirl
    • Terra
    • Beast Boy
    • Blue Beetle

Yeah?

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still expect to see him on a Justice League eventually. The Network was a nice concept, but it's origin is tied to close to Gotham for my taste. Though of course as with most other things DC can retcon the hell out of it if they want to.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RitchieB

@batmannflash:

I like the team, Id like to see Powergirl or Booster Gold on it eventually as well.

anyway what happened to Terra? I never read the Ravagers but its my understanding Deathstroke killed pretty much all of them except Terra and BB, then she was basically kidnapped by Deathstroke, So what happened to her in the end what happened?

@nathaniel_christopher

You think he'll be on JL with Batman on there? Yea its close to Gotham but it is directly related to Nightwing and its the only confirmed team Nightwing was on for sure at this point and it could be changed up to be reestablished in Bludhaven.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Denam_Pavel

@ritchieb said:
    @denam_pavel I just dont see DC erasing the entire new lore of the JLA just to accommodate Nightwing, and Bruce covers the Bat-Familys ass to much for Dick to be manipulated by Waller. Unless the JLA ends up going rouge because of all the BS, Waller is doing which has already happened to some extent in the Trinity War. the could break from Wallers control then, Nightwing could act as as their leader and someone that the JL trusts in order to make sure they are never used to try and take down the Justice League again. However the Justice League helping a government agency go rouge to secure their own preservation is a bit of a Justice Lord move and would undoubtedly cause tension between the JL and the American Government.

The reason I personally like The Network so much is that it is the only team the Nightwing has been confirmed to still have been apart of in the New 52 and since the "old teen titans" never existed, it is probably the only team that Nightwing has ever been in. plus it would be relatively simple to incorporate him working with Starfire and Roy during Final Crises and that they ( star and roy ) were part of his Network when Batman died.

Considering Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow have accompanied Superman on his jailbreak, Stargirl and Hawkman have teamed up with Wonder Woman and even Catwoman has made it clear she is following Batman's lead before Steve Trevor's I'd say they've already gone rogue. And after all being stuck in an alternate dimension together or whatever for the Forever Evil arc, I do not see this group coming back to continue to function under the prime purpose of assassinating the Justice league when neccesary. That's not even taking into account that it's now heavily suggested that the JLA's formation under Waller was all per the Outsider's manipulations.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel:

that's a good point. there's no telling what or who the JLA will be when Trinity War and Forever Evil is over. But if it stays rouge its going to cause some kind of conflict with the government. then again this JLA really reminds me of Wallers team in Justice League Unlimited. so if it plays out like it did in Justice League Unlimited, Waller ends up trusting the Justice League (mostly Batman) and The Justice League and The JLA could work together ( or at least peacefully coexist).

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb: I've never read Ravagers, so I have no idea. But hopefully she can be brought back to be in Nightwing's team

JEdThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But no really. He could form a young justice type team. They could operate in Bludhaven or Chicago, since he's there anyways. Introduce Ms Martian. Get Aquagirl (she has appeared in Aquaman), Beast Boy (since Ravagers is canceled), Terra (again, Ravagers canceled), and Blue Beetle (since BB is canceled anyways).

So...

• Nightwing
    • Ms Martian
    • Aquagirl
    • Terra
    • Beast Boy
    • Blue Beetle

Yeah?

So much yes.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@batmannflash:

I like the team, Id like to see Powergirl or Booster Gold on it eventually as well.

anyway what happened to Terra? I never read the Ravagers but its my understanding Deathstroke killed pretty much all of them except Terra and BB, then she was basically kidnapped by Deathstroke, So what happened to her in the end what happened?

@nathaniel_christopher

You think he'll be on JL with Batman on there? Yea its close to Gotham but it is directly related to Nightwing and its the only confirmed team Nightwing was on for sure at this point and it could be changed up to be reestablished in Bludhaven.

Of course not, I meant a separate team. I can never see Dick and Bruce on a team together, or Barry and Wally, Diana and Donna, etc.

It's a team that was created specifically for the protection of Gotham, and it's currently a time when Dick's distancing himself from there as much as possible. He needs a team that's going to operate outside the city, like the Titans have always done.

If they were going to take Dick to Bluahaven, they should've done it in place of Chicago. As it currently is i'd say Bluadhaven's also too close to Gotham.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RustyRoy

Teen Titans should be renamed as Titans with Dick, Cyborg, Red Arrow, Black Lightning and Blue Devil etc.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batmannflash

@rustyroy: too late for that. Cyborg's on the JL and Red Arrow's on the Outlaws. I still like the team I made:

• Nightwing
    • Ms Martian
    • Aquagirl
    • Terra
    • Beast Boy
    • Blue Beetle

You have Nightwing as your leader and tech guy. Ms Martian for psychic communication, powerhouse, and stealth. Aquagirl for water. Terra for earth. Beast Boy is versatile, can be used for stealth as well. Blue Beetle is another powerhouse and has versatility. Both MsM and Blue Beetle are the link to space/aliens while Aquagirl is their link to Atlantis, in case they need help. Two girls on the team and one racially diverse guy.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RustyRoy

@batmannflash: so what, its not like they can't change their teams, I don't want it to be team of grown up TT or YJ, I'd like to see something different.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: well yeah you have an interesting team, no doubt. But bringing Cyborg to the Titans will sort of be a downgrade to him as a character and in popularity. And I doubt the Outlaws would get rid of Red Arrow, unless they replace him with someone else. That seems too out of place because Red has built relationships with Todd and Starfire. I wanted to add Terra, Beast Boy, and Blue Beetle because their series' are canceled and this is a chance to see them again. Also, we haven't seen Ms Martian in the New 52 yet. It's not like I'm adding Wally or Donna...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: But it would boost Titans popularity and also develop Cyborg's character, the founder of JL leaves world's biggest team to join a new team seems like interesting idea to me and Cyborg hasn't had any real development in JL, if he joins Titans then it can show that he feels at home with his new team whereas in JL he was lonely. The same with RA, they can show that he leaves the team for some reason(a good writer can come with a good reason) and finds himself reluctantly teaming up with Titans, if not him then GA can work, also I'd rather have Geo-Force, I was going to list him but for some reason didn't, Blue Beetle would be cool but I'd rather have Animal Man over Beast Boy, yeah I'm going for the big names but that's what I want, not grown up teenagers or a copy of JL but something different from the JL, DC needs an epic team with big names and without the letters JL in them.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batmannflash

@rustyroy: fair enough. But I still like my team better lol, sorry

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RustyRoy

@batmannflash: HOW DARE YOU CHOOSE YOUR TEAM OVER MINE! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS DEARLY!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batmannflash

@rustyroy: hahah you don't agree with me so you're automatically wrong!

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe- Nightwing, Blue Beetle, Shazam, and Batgirl (Babs)

They could be called like the "Underdogs" or something.

Dick would lead, Billy would be the powerhouse, Blue would have the versetality, and Babs would have the brains.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: I really like the idea of having Shazam on the team! Babs in my top 5 favorite DC heroes but she's already on the Birds of Prey, and has her solo title.

@rustyroy: Also, I think my team would beat your team in a fight! Ms. Martian, Blue Beetle, Terra, Aquagirl, Nightwing.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: Debatable but my team would definitely sell more :P

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By batmannflash

@rustyroy: I'm not sure...Blue Devil and Black Lightning aren't very well known. While I have traces of the Pre-52 Teen Titans/Young Justice, which people instantly recognize.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven. The team could be called Justice League Titans!!

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb: How about

"Dick and the Dicks."

That would be an awesome team

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Munsu

@rustyroy: well yeah you have an interesting team, no doubt. But bringing Cyborg to the Titans will sort of be a downgrade to him as a character and in popularity. And I doubt the Outlaws would get rid of Red Arrow, unless they replace him with someone else. That seems too out of place because Red has built relationships with Todd and Starfire. I wanted to add Terra, Beast Boy, and Blue Beetle because their series' are canceled and this is a chance to see them again. Also, we haven't seen Ms Martian in the New 52 yet. It's not like I'm adding Wally or Donna...

Terra and Beast Boy are already appearing in the Teen Titans book and are probably going to become members there, if they aren't already. Don't see them being in another team.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@munsu: Oh yeah, I know. I wasn't sure if they were going to join the Teen Titans or not. If they are, they shouldn't be on another team.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RitchieB

I vote for

Nightwing- Leader

Ragman

The Question

Blue Beetle

Terra

Ms. Martian

Powergirl

Platinum (she could be rebuilt)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RustyRoy

@batmannflash: Cyborg, Animal Man and Red Arrow are pretty big names and right now more popular than anyone on your team, Black Lightning is not that popular but he's one of DC's first black heroes and has been a member of the outsiders so some old readers might want to try it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: oh. haha well. your team doesn't have any girls. In my opinion, my characters are more entertaining to read about. Black Lightning, Blue Devil, and Animal Man don't really have compelling personalities. Plus, they're significantly older than Dick, and that would be weird with him as a leader

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: Yeah you're right, I'll add one later, and boobs don't necessarily sell more, look at Dejah Thoris. I guess you're not reading Animal Man, he's got a awesome personality and have you read the Black Lightning and Blue Devil issue from the DCU Presents, I've heard it was very entertaining. I think Dick leading a group of older and mature guys is more interesting than him leading a bunch of teenagers, I don't want my book to look like a second rate JL book. It will also prove that Dick is so good as a leader that even older guys follow him.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: no man I am reading Animal Man! Okay maybe you're right. I'm just a bigger fan of my team :P maybe because I miss Young Justice and Teen Titans.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: Its okay man, everyone prefers their own choices, I just don't want mine to be something like YJ or TT, they've got Red Robin and the gangs for that. You're team is good too, I just prefer mine.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...

• Nightwing
    • Ms Martian
    • Aquagirl
    • Terra
    • Beast Boy
    • Blue Beetle

Yeah?

I like this combination. Only thing missing in my mind is one more none superpowered hero, not sure who'd fit though and Arsenal's definitely out. Though it's not absolutely necessary to have another one, as Dick's been on a team many time's where he's the only hero without powers. Always adds some uniqueness to the mix. We've got Dick representing Earth, Aquagirl for Atlantis, Miss Martian and Blue Beetle for Space, and Terra and Beast Boy also for Earth but with powers. If there's one zone missing it's probably magic. Don't have any idea of who could fill that spot though.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this combination. Only thing missing in my mind is one more none superpowered hero, not sure who'd fit though and Arsenal's definitely out. Though it's not absolutely necessary to have another one, as Dick's been on a team many time's where he's the only hero without powers. Always adds some uniqueness to the mix. We've got Dick representing Earth, Aquagirl for Atlantis, Miss Martian and Blue Beetle for Space, and Terra and Beast Boy also for Earth but with powers. If there's one zone missing it's probably magic. Don't have any idea of who could fill that spot though.

Thanks man! That's exactly what I was going for. That representation of Earth, Water, and Space. Yeah, a non-superpowered hero might be a little redundant to Dick. Yeah, don't know who to add to magic. Maybe Shazam? He's a kid but he's a powerhouse with magic abilities.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't Aquagirl have some magical ability?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All-Star Squadron (version 2.0)

Taking into account present continuity*

Dick Grayson as leader. The Badass Normal who earns the respect of all who come across him. Young but astute, and full of natural talent. When he speaks, everyone listens. Dick is fond of Billy because he reminds him of a young Jason Todd(adopted, physical features, demeanor), and so wishes to make up for lost time by guiding the teenaged cape. Nightwing is very much the heart and soul of the team.

Shazam/Billy Batson is appointed a figurehead of the team by Nightwing. He is the powerhouse magic user popular for his service spent with the Justice League and often compared to Superman by the public. As Billy Batson he befriends similar aged members of the team and secretly looks up to Dick Grayson as his shining example of what it takes to be a hero.

(...Part of me only placed Billy here to fill the hole Damian left in my heart.)

Hawkman is the war-hardened veteran serving as the team's combat instructor. He is a spirited gladiator fiercely loyal to The All-Star Squadron, willing to put it all on the line for his trusted Captain. Carter Hall is a founding father of the team.

Vixen because she's an underrated leaguer and her powers are awesome. She is Nightwing's adviser and shares a somewhat budding romance with Hawkman. New52 needs to shed some light on her whereabouts. If a solo title won't suffice, then by all means throw her on my roster. Could have easily been Dinah but she's BoP .......

Blue Beetle

Static Shock

and .....Black Canary. Deal with it. She's an All-Star now, screw BoP.

Didn't fill in character logs for the last 3 cause I'm turning in for the night but that's all of em. I think it's pretty balanced and you'll find plenty of variety for whatever suits your needs. I'd buy this book, straight up.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RitchieB

@batmannflash:

No Caption Provided

Isis would be a good character. she was originally sort of a female Shazam but more focused on magical healing. I also really like Zatana but shes in JLD

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Thanks man! That's exactly what I was going for. That representation of Earth, Water, and Space. Yeah, a non-superpowered hero might be a little redundant to Dick. Yeah, don't know who to add to magic. Maybe Shazam? He's a kid but he's a powerhouse with magic abilities.

Shazam could definitely work, and since he is so inexperienced here Dick could serve as a kind of leader/mentor in his life. Really help him get the hero thing down and pass on some of what he's learned. It also gives Dick a little brother type figure that he now lacks due to Tim and Jason being retconned into BFF's (How you go from having one beat the other black and blue to them being like brothers i'll never understand) and Damian being killed.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By batmannflash

@ritchieb: Isis would be a good idea but I think Shazam would be best because DC's pushing his popularity. He's not scheduled for a solo title so they could put him on a team. Although he might join one after Trinity War. I like what @nathaniel_christopher said about Dick as sort of a leader/mentor/brother to Billy Batson. It's interesting to see how that relationship would work! Definitely different from Dick+Tim, of Dick+Damian

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher:

that's a good idea to. It would also be interesting to see Nightwing deal with Damian's death and having Billy as a new little brother. because Dick hasn't really dealt with it he was grieving at first but then got so caught up in Chicago that he hasn't really dealt with it. It would also give an interesting dynamic because Dick would likely be fiercely protective of Billy because Damien died when he was there but it would be weird because Billy is more powerful in terms of brute strength then Dick will ever be.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RitchieB

@batmannflash:

or he could join precisely because of Trinity War. He's already clashed with Superman and Supes never really liked Billy especially in Justice League Unlimited. He wouldn't join JLD because he hates John Constantine for trying to steal his powers. And nobody wants to be controlled by Waller. so a new team could give him more interaction with heroes which he wants but without all the b.s. that the other teams would bring.

I agree Nathaniel Christopher made a good point and Billy would be better if they played that angle.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb: good idea. Alright so my Nightwing dream team:

• Nightwing
    • Ms Martian
    • Aquagirl
    • Terra
    • Beast Boy
    • Blue Beetle
    • Shazam

Good?

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Nightwingdg

Call me old fashioned.

• Nighwing
    • Raven
    • Beast Boy
    • Cyborg
    • Starfire
    • Ravenger
    • Shazam
    RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash:

sounds good to me. I wish someone in DC would just read this and be like "deal. we start next month"

I just hope Terra is not a traitor again. I really liked her character especially in the teen titans animated series, it sucked when she turned traitor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.