What if Grayson was a bender? 0_0

#1 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry guys. I just finished rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender and now images of Nightwing airbending won't get out of my head *knocks forehead a couple of times*

So, how about it? Which element do you think is most suited to him? I'm assuming most will say air but....

#2 Posted by cc1738 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

...This is the most random forum topic I've read all day. Anyway, to answer you question. I would say air, because he's an acrobat.

Did you read that Nick wants to do a Legend of Korra movie?? The Legend of Korra is my favorite show and if they ruin it I'm going to have to you to their studio and burn it to the ground. They would've ruined my favorite show twice and I would never forgive them.

#3 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick would definitely be an air bender. It fits him well.

#4 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738 said:

...This is the most random forum topic I've read all day. Anyway, to answer you question. I would say air, because he's an acrobat.

Did you read that Nick wants to do a Legend of Korra movie?? The Legend of Korra is my favorite show and if they ruin it I'm going to have to you to their studio and burn it to the ground. They would've ruined my favorite show twice and I would never forgive them.

Lol....you now kow how random my thoughts can be.

Nick who? Well the thread seemed to hint that it would remain as an animated flick so there might be hope

#5 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to watch Korra. Apparently I've missed out :l

Air without a doubt

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27604 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what you did there >_>

#7 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8757 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see him as a fire bender

#8 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Dick would definitely be an air bender. It fits him well.

#9 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

this was my thoughts, for some reason he looks like a fire bender

#10 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

ur mums a firebender

#11 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

The freedom, the art, the performance; Dick would be an airbender. No doubt.

#12 Posted by cc1738 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: Yes, you do need to watch the show. It's amazingly epic. I liked it a lot better than the original series. The animation is probably the best on TV and the story is surprisingly adult for a kids show.

#13 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7497 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I see what you did there >_>
#14 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738: So I've heard. Does it beat out Young Justice in animation/story?

#15 Posted by cc1738 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion it does. Like I said the animation is crazy good. The choreography for the fighting is amazing. Storywise, it's only 12 issues so there's no filler. It has a couple of slow points in the middle of the season and a stupid love triangle, but other than that the story is extremely good. I liked it better than Young Justice.

#16 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I agree. Fire is my favorite element, by far. Honestly, he could be a waterbender as well. maybe we should just make him the avatar and solve all of this :)

#17 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Nha, Korra sucks XP

But answering the question...airbender.

#19 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

Nha, Korra sucks XP

Blasphemy! lol

#20 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@X9 said:

Nha, Korra sucks XP

Blasphemy! lol

Hahahahah

#21 Posted by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Air bender, and he'd be awesome at it. As if his jumping and leaping could be any prettier. :)

Not to derail the rest of the thread, but how about the rest of the Family? Jason'd be a hot headed firebender. I feel like Bats would be an earthbender (determined, strong, resolute), unless they really emphasized his adaptability (water).

#22 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@britsera said:

Air bender, and he'd be awesome at it. As if his jumping and leaping could be any prettier. :)

Not to derail the rest of the thread, but how about the rest of the Family? Jason'd be a hot headed firebender. I feel like Bats would be an earthbender (determined, strong, resolute), unless they really emphasized his adaptability (water).

I guess Damian would be a firebender too.

Tim...water or earth, depends on the writer/story-arc... same with Babs.

Alfred would probably be powerless hahahaha XD

#23 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@britsera said:

Only the strongest should get to be water-benders, as it's the most powerful bending skill.

#24 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@britsera: Well the funny thing about grayson is that I can see any of the elements fitting with hims excpet for maybe earth. Fire has an athletic grace in its own right that I think would compliment Dick well.

@Funrush said:

@X9 said:

@britsera said:

Only the strongest should get to be water-benders, as it's the most powerful bending skill.

Well, not everyone can bloodbend. Its supposed to be a rare skill. I think, outside of that, the elements are meant to be balanced and equally powerful. Think of the damage earthquakes, hurricanes, tsumanis and wildfires do. They can all be devastating. Bloodbending is kind of a cheat. lol

#25 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm.

1) Air (the element of freedom): Dick has the grace and levity; flexible, agile-superlative; peaceful; fast

2) Water (the element of change): Dick is a forward-thinker, fluid, graceful; trained in aikido (waterbenders "let their defense become their offense").

Air and Water both fit Nightwing.

Earth fits too, at least philosophically. King Bumi valued neutral jing - waiting for the right moment to strike. We all remember that tender moment gone sour in Red Hood and the Outlaws. Dick tried to explain the importance of waiting for the right moment before Jason cut him off.

Grayson's willpower fits Fire too, although Jason or Damian are probably more appropriate.

#26 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001:

#27 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

No way dude earth bender! He could bend steel and stone out of any building around and jump off every custom piece so he could out run anybody and let the rocks crumble away after he jumps off. He could literally scale the face of a flat building

#28 Posted by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, he did spend half his childhood in the circus, so one should assume he's flexible. But if he could reach, would he really need a girlfriend?

#29 Edited by Speedforce23 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

defeintly a airbender

#30 Posted by Z3RO180 (5946 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin:LOK is actually pretty dame good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.