Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

What do you think dick's Batman costume should looked like

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Personally I think his batman costume should pretty much be a slightly armoured up version of his Nightwing costume (arm and finger stripes included and they are blue) the nightwing symbol is replaced with a bat and incorporated so that the arm and finger stripes join and the end of the bats wings. The utility belt will be gold and will have a sheath for his ensigna sticks. Now there is no cape because I remember reading that Dick does not like capes so instead of a cape his costume will have gliders under his arms (they are also blue). Now the cowl is pretty much the same as Batman's but is has a chin guard (I think that's a badass feature) and the eyes of the cowl are coverd and are a dark silver. That's what I think his batman costume should have looked like.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
    The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good but I think batman should have a cape no matter what

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

That title, at a glance, almost seems to say "What does Batman's d@&$ look like?"

At which I can only ask "does it cum in black?"

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@z3ro180: Batman needs a cape. Its a huge element of the costume that lends itself well to stealth, gliding and generally looking badass. The only time it sorta worked was with the Beyond suit and even then I far prefer the classic look. This is what it shouldve looked like.

No Caption Provided

This was one of Frank Quitelys original designs for Batman in Batman and Robin. They decided to go with something more classic but I REALLY wish they had gone with this look.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: Just trying to keep it in character also capes arnt really Dicks style and if he did permenatly become batman him not havering a cape makes sence since he does not like them

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't have a problem with the costume he used during his second stint as Batman:

No Caption Provided

Really I don't think i'd ever be comfortable with the suit moving too far from the original look. Even the Batman Beyond Suit took a while for me to get used to. However, something like the suit directly above could probably work with a few tweaks. Not too far off from the Beyond suit, and really I think any suit without a cape is going to resemble that one, but with the classic blue color scheme (Red would certainly look too much like the Beyond Suit) along with a decent combination of the Nightwing and the Bat Symbols.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

@SmoothJammin what do you think ?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: he armored suit Lucas Fox wears in Batwing! For a minute, I actually believed it was Nightwing posing as BW when David retired. The way I pictured it Nightwing was the Prince of Gotham and more than anything, a leader of the next gen heroes. His approach to crimefighting is a dangerous one, often throwing him into dangerous waters in many instances leaving him bloodied and battered. Lets face it-Dick is prone to injury. Many encounters have left him with broken bones. It's just what happens when he's sucked into big events squaring off against powerful enemies. I hate watching Nightwing sidelined. For this reason alone I propose he upgrade to a cyber suit ala Batman Beyond. That way DC can make a huge deal out of it and he covers all his bases.(Dick also wont struggle with a cape since the gliders are detachable) Am I right or am I right!?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_small/11111/111112802/3160610-batwing_cv24_mg9vze68ti_.jpg

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin: maybe not a cyber suit. Maybe along the lines of my idea ( shameless self promoting)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@noj said:

@z3ro180: Batman needs a cape. Its a huge element of the costume that lends itself well to stealth, gliding and generally looking badass. The only time it sorta worked was with the Beyond suit and even then I far prefer the classic look. This is what it shouldve looked like.

No Caption Provided

This was one of Frank Quitelys original designs for Batman in Batman and Robin. They decided to go with something more classic but I REALLY wish they had gone with this look.

That looks just like...

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@noj: That's such an awesome design!

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

No Caption Provided

That looks just like...

No Caption Provided

Yeah it does, just with slightly more visible armor around the neck and forearm areas. The Cowl also looks like more of a mask/helmet.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@nathaniel_christopher: Ah, alright, I don't know why I caught that now as opposed to before.

It's cool lol sometimes you miss what's right in front of you.

The Armored look above actually reminds me of Injustice Batman, and in the end i'm glad they didn't go with those slight differences for Dick. Too much armor would hinder his fighting style. Couldn't see it working.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is he becoming batman again in Forever Evil?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

Not as far as I know...why?

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

Some things point to that. I hope so. Nice way to get back at the Crime Syndicate.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By the_tree

His costume from Morrison's B&R was perfect. It's one of my favorite Bat-suits ever done.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By Nightwing_Beyond
    No Caption Provided

I really like this design. I love the shape of the cowl and you can't go wrong with blue finger stripes!

Here's the link to the artist's page

Artist's Deviantart

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't like the idea of giving Batman an armored look (save for the Arkham series, but otherwise, armor instead of tights just looks silly in most cases)....and even less so for Dick as Batman. He's an acrobat by nature, so something lightweight and fabric would make more sense than armor of all things....

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman(Dick Grayson)(Nightwing 10)

From reading the Paragon arc, this seems to be his costume when he was Batman. The story revolved around Nightwing and Detective Nile, who the year before try to help frame Batman. And Nightwing #1 mentioned that Dick was Batman for a year.

The first picture tells that he was Batman one year ago. And then that Detective Nile's involvement in a framed Batman case happened a year ago.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From reading the Paragon arc, this seems to be his costume when he was Batman. The story revolved around Nightwing and Detective Nile, who the year before try to help frame Batman. And Nightwing #1 mentioned that Dick was Batman for a year.

The first picture tells that he was Batman one year ago. And then that Detective Nile's involvement in a framed Batman case happened a year ago.

Not bad, but not nearly as good as the original Batman Reborn Era costume. What's with the cape though? Looks like a fusion of the the regular Batman Cape and Spider-Man's webbing.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Honestly, I like it better. But that' my opinion. I still like his Batman costume he wore after BotC though.

Lighting? I don't know. XD

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks to much like Bruce there for my liking. The gauntlets, the cowl, the cape, the lines on the suit, naah not working for me.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the idea that the weight of the costume and the cape hindered him, as if merely taking on the persona and cowl is a burden.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.