Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9476 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Unscripted: Batman # 697

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sociald1077

I dig Tony Daniels as an artist, but not as a writer. I agree that Batman should be the premire title. And for as much as I didn't like RIP, at least I didn't need to go back and re-read the run everytime a new issue came out like I do with TD's run now. Its just luke warm water to me. 

On a side note, can you guys do anything about the audio on these videos? At some points I can barely hear you guys, and at others you blow the speakers out.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By johnny_spam

@ Babs,  It's quite weird for Catwoman to take on a ally like Catgirl, but she did have one anyone remember Holly

@Gman, Also the story to this will be most likely resolved in David Hine's upcoming Detective Comics run.

couzinit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By couzinit99

mmmm Babs ill have to disagree. i feel like Catwoman's been longing for company since the whole baby thing.  I mean, Gotham City Sirens, she's working along side Poison Ivy and Harley, so i really hate to say this but im glad to see Catwoman taking on a Protege.  She did it with Holly, and she's doing it again with Kitrina. Although i MUST agree her costume is soooooo lame lol.
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4  Edited By DMC

I was glad to see Catrina Falcone in this issue. Sure the costume looks weird but she's a kid....so whatever, I still like the idea of a Catgirl. We'll see what happens. 

dbluejays1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By dbluejays1990

Catgirl rules,Is new, catwoman has a sidekick.but yeah catwoman should work alone,not a good issue but still readable,theres benn worse in the last months,guys are doing a great job,love comicvine.
    CountZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By CountZero

I'm going to be honest. I don't want Bruce Wayne to be Batman again. This is the second time that Dick Grayson has been Batman, and the first time - after Bruce retired - he decided he wanted to be Batman again, and yanked the rug out of Dick. To have Bruce be Batman again, after Battle for the Cowl, and all the other stuff that's gone on since then, would hurt Dick's credibility (if that makes sense).

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

Catgirl is such a lame idea...I hope she disappears into DC limbo soon

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I dropped this title a long time ago just because of the writing...and after seeing this review, I'm sooo glad I did. Just tell me when Bruce is wearing the cowl again and then I'll pop back into Gotham, until then...Hmmm, what's Image up to... -____-

brewski420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By brewski420

i thought this comic was a good read. my opinion though
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF

these never seem to load for me
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NightFang3

I kinda liked this comic.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Count_ZeroOR said:
    " I'm going to be honest. I don't want Bruce Wayne to be Batman again. This is the second time that Dick Grayson has been Batman, and the first time - after Bruce retired - he decided he wanted to be Batman again, and yanked the rug out of Dick. To have Bruce be Batman again, after Battle for the Cowl, and all the other stuff that's gone on since then, would hurt Dick's credibility (if that makes sense). "
    yep
    Avatar image for hero_vs__villian
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By hero vs. villian

That reveal was TERRIBLE!

kal-el09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kal-el09
    @Count_ZeroOR: no because dick grayson never wanted to be batman he wanted to be his own man, not be in batman's shadow
    dose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dose

The censored sound kept making me laugh in this unscripted.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Lordy, I'm really out of it. I had never even heard of 'Cat Girl'. That costume is atrocious!! Though, you know what it sort of reminds me of? "Batman and Robin". You have Batman in this dark as night outfit, but Robin in bright colors. It's like he's there as a decoy for people to shoot at.

Maybe that's the point of Cat Girl. She's there for the police to chase while Selina gets away.

I despise the idea that editors are telling writers what they need to write about. Writers really should be allowed to follow their strengths. Rather then being shoehorned into something. That's one of my major issues with "Events" in comics, but let us not get into that here. lol

You know, despite censoring Babs. I can still pretty much figure out from the conversation that a "certain someone" was wearing glasses under the mask.

Rich-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Rich-Man

i gotta disagree! i loved the story, artwork and i thought the reveal was brilliant! really have enjoyed this chapter!  G-Man, read the previous issues, then it will make alot more sense!  i do agree with one thing though....catgirl? sheesh!, thats wrong!

Avatar image for hero_vs__villian
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By hero vs. villian

I love this review, hey Babs, I can see you feel the pain that I feel from Tony Daniel, I'm glad to see that others are finding out who bad of a writer he is. Despite the next 2 horrible issues of Batman, (it's T.D. written, that's why I'm calling them horrible) Giullem March will be doing the artwork! Finally, at least some good art in the main Batman book.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#19  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @FoxxFireArt:  I could've properly 'censored' or just cut out the bit. I thought it'd be more entertaining this way. Plus, I'm sure people are already talking about who Black Mask is.
    Avatar image for hellblazerraiser
    HellBlazerRaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HellBlazerRaiser

"This has never been the premier Batman title." 
     "R.I.P. is the real story."
    The broad has no idea what she's talking about.  She's speaking as if R.I.P. was its own series as opposed to a six part arc in BATMAN.  Who is she?  

NO ONE thought that Black Mask II was The Joker . NO ONE!!!      

Only a fool who didn't read the whole story would think that, i.e. the goofy guy in the video. 

Of course the reveal of Black Mask doesn't make sense to the moron, he didn't read the preceding two issues or the issues of ARKHAM REBORN that lead to this!!!  He doesn't like looking at the solicits, but he also doesn't read the books.   
    Godlike013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Godlike013

Wow what an awful review, just terrible.  Maybe it'll be a better idea to actually read the whole story rather then just flip through the last issue and try to come off credible. These two just came off like clowns. That review is just embarrassing.

butlerdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By butlerdc

HellBlazer Raizer you hit it right on the head. The Joker and Jason Todd being the Black Mask? That is downright foolish to think if you have been keeping up with the bat books.

As for the criticism of Selina taking in Kitrina Falcone that is also rediculous. Have you people not read the Long Halloween. I mean it is only one of the best bat stories ever and in it Loeb suggests Selina is related to the Falcones. They even did a follow up miniseries to it (forget what its called). I mean does no one see the story potential for Selina taking in a girl who is probably her neice and training her and being reluctant about revealing who she is. Come on people!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @G-Man: 
    Actually, it was what you said after she was censored that told me. When you said, "well, he has to see.". lol
    frostheart_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frostheart_32

Honestly, if you're going to review a comic taking place in a story arc... read the whole story arc.

Looking back on the arkham as black mask, it makes sense. I mean, making arkham inmate friendly? In last arkham the guy was hard line punishment and then this? Why the sudden change? How can an asylum that was near impenetrable have so many security failures without some inner workings allowing it to happen. I haven't been reading bats religiously since rip and I can see these things piecing themselves together half logically. Well, as logical as disjointed continuity goes in comic books.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25  Edited By jakob187
    @HellBlazerRaiser: @Godlike013: @butlerdc: Do I need to pull out the sandblaster for your vaginas, ladies?  There are constructive ways to talking on the internet, and the ways you guys have done so with comments like "who are these idiots" and saying they are "clowns"...is DEFINITELY not the correct, proper, polite, or even necessary ways of getting that point across.  Congratulations, you have officially proven John Gabriel's Greater Internet F***wad Theory.

Anyways, the review was good, but I can understand how it was tough to review a book like this.  It's always tough to talk about a reveal and having to jump around little tidbits here and there.  I also know that Babs hasn't really been enjoying Tony Daniel working on both the art and the writing, and after only reading a couple of the issues, I can agree that it is lacking in comparison to his other work.  I mean, you look at his work on R.I.P., then look at it here...and it seems he's TOO busy for his own good. 

With that said, I think the mystery of Oberron Sexton in Batman & Robin is more interesting than the mystery of Black Mask in Batman. 

Keep it up with the Unscripted segment.  Really dig it.
    Avatar image for hellblazerraiser
    HellBlazerRaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HellBlazerRaiser
    @jakob187:  
    Do I need to pull out the sandblaster for your vaginas, ladies?  There are constructive ways to talking on the internet, and the ways you guys have done so with comments like "who are these idiots" and saying they are "clowns"...is DEFINITELY not the correct, proper, polite, or even necessary ways of getting that point across.  

Ok, hypocrite. 

Congratulations, you have officially proven John Gabriel's Greater Internet F***wad Theory

Another idiot. 

Anyways, the review was good, but I can understand how it was tough to review a book like this.    

Of course it was tough to review for them!!!  Neither read the issues leading into it.  

When they turned to page 4 of the issue and saw that it was PART 6, they should have thought to themselves,"well, maybe I should read parts 1 to 5, before I read part 6."  

But no.  That's not what they though.  

The broad thought the R.I.P. series was a better flagship series.  
    The tool thought he the reveal didn't come together, but then again, the tool didn't read the previous issues or the other series.

It's always tough to talk about a reveal and having to jump around little tidbits here and there.   

Especially, when you don't know what you're talking about having only read ONE part of a SIX part story. 

They both need someone to help with their style choices, too.  
    Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
    @HellBlazerRaiser:  
    We can criticize each other's opinions here, sure.  But this is not one of those sites where we bash people for their opinion.  We're nice here.  It's not the norm on the internet I know, but it's the way this site runs.  Still, I'm glad you joined the site and entered the conversation.  Just remember Tony and Sara have feelings too ;)  
    comicman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By comicman1
    @HellBlazerRaiser:
    Do you know how to express yourself?  Bashing people.
    How old are you? 10,12,maybe 15? 
    comicman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By comicman1
    @Godlike013:
    "Darling" "these two" have names. 
    Learn some maners..
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tyler Starke

babs seems pissed off in the reviews lately haha

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Joey Ravn

Oh, come on, HBR. I know you're better than this. I really enjoy your weekly threads at DC's forums, you seem like such a nice guy. Don't go all troll-ish, especially with Sara and Tony. They are great =/ 

Anyway. I have to partially agree with Babs and G-Man. I love Tony Daniel as an artist, but both his writing and his art seem to take a hit when he has to handle both at the same time. Nothing personal, really. Very few comic book artists can pull the weight of both drawing and scripting successfully. He's been very busy with Batman lately, besides, between Batman, Battle for the Cowl, RIP and everything. I'm sure his writing will be much better in the next arc. 

But then again, I really liked this issue. The whole arc, in fact. The art was great, even if it was sometimes a bit off.  In this I have to agree with Babs: Batman #692 was absolutely gorgeous, but you can see how Tony Daniel's art became... "worse" over the course of the arc. A real pity. 

The real identity of the Black Mask was... expected. I was sure of who he was with last month's issue and what Dick discovered in the last panel. Nevertheless, it did make sense, if you see the whole, big picture. I'm sure there's much more to come from this character in the next months, besides, obviously, the new arc in 'Tec following "Cutter". The new character... lame costume, it has nothing to do with her "mentor". Let's hope she gets a new outfit SOON.  

And lastly... well, I do have to agree with HellBlazerRaiser in one thing. From what I could see, the last few-issues of the Bat-books have not been well review by you guys. I'm talking about this one and Detective Comics #682. I know it's currently VERY hard to follow all the Bat-titles, but I don't think it's a good idea to review an issue that marks the end of a six-issue arc without having read the previous five. May I suggest that, if you are not able to follow the series regularly, instead of review a single issue, you review whole arcs? For example, Batman & Robin could be perfect for this: short, self-contained, three-issue arcs. 

But yeah, I'm dying to know who the hell Oberon Sexton and El Penitente are. Oh, Grant, you scoundrel :P 

PS: Is it just me, or this new player is reaaaaaal slow? As in, "it only works half of the times I try it" slow.

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lustwish

Sarah your lookin' sharp girl! Keep up the good work guys.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Yung ANcient One

1:37-1:44... Funniest Thing Evar look at Babs 

@Tyler Starke said:

" babs seems pissed off in the reviews lately haha "
    u noticed it TOO... hahahaha
    RedRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By RedRyan

I get that Selina would take someone under her wing,she has done it before and because of her own troubled upbringing it makes sense that she wouldn't want to leave a girl in a similar situation.Kitrina would fit perfectly with Catwoman and the other Sirens but as herself not as some ridiculous Catgirl in an even more ridiculous costume.Other than that I thought this was a great arc,it makes sense and looks great considering Tony Daniel was writer, artist and doing some of the inking.  
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#35  Edited By No_Name_
    @Joey Ravn:  <3
    Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Joey Ravn
    @Babs: Glad you liked the comment :P 

BTW, something I forgot to mention about what you said, regarding Batman being Bruce and all. I think Dick in Batman #687 gives a TERRIFIC speach on what is being Batman in front of Clark, Ollie Queen, Dinah Lance et al. I somewhat agree with you when you say that Batman is the sum of Bruce's experiences. Batman is Bruce Wayne, because Batman was born from Bruce Wayne. There is no one who can fill the void -or cowl- better than him. But then you have what Batman stands for, the symbol. And that is what Dick is trying to carry on with. Not the man behind the mask, but what he represents. In that sense, I think Dick is doing a great job as a Batman. 

Besides, Bats #687 is a great issue overall, especially in the scenes with the JLA and Alfred. You can really feel his pain in certain panels (which I will not spoil, you have to see them to understand it :P). Definitely a great, great read.
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mattydeNero

This was a bust.  IMO RED ROBIN and B&R have both turned out to be the strongest books in the whole entire post-BFTC storyline.  This book has been very unreliable.  At least in RR and B&R it seemed that the one month one of the two books wasn't as strong, the other of the two picked up the slack. 

The identity of BLACK MASK was weaksause.  The character had been around(even sort of got his own mini a few months back).  But after ALL that has gone on and ALL that Black Mask put Bats through in the past year or so, it was not a hit. 

And what IS up with Catwoman and CATGIRL?!  Really?!  Grant Morrison may be on his way to f'n the Bat-world up just like he did the X-Men.  I can't believe im saying this, but I can't wait for the Return of Bruce...in like, September.  Ugh.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By johnny_spam
    @mattydee007: @mattydee007 said:
      And what IS up with Catwoman and CATGIRL?!  Really?!  Grant Morrison may be on his way to f'n the Bat-world up just like he did the X-Men.  I can't believe im saying this, but I can't wait for the Return of Bruce...in like, September.  Ugh. "

Grant Morrison had nothing to do with this issue or Catgirl.
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mattydeNero
    @johnny spam:
    Yeah I know, but he's overseeing all Bat-titles.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By johnny_spam
    @mattydee007: @mattydee007 said:
    " @johnny spam: Yeah I know, but he's overseeing all Bat-titles. "
    He is overseeing the Bruce Wayne arc Bruce learning he has a son, Bruce discovering a conspiracy against him, Bruce gone. Dick replacing Bruce, Dick and Damian fighting what's left of the threat on Bruce , Bruce returning the writers seem to be in their own corners.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.