Teen Titans:Games

#1 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who's read this lol. I feel like every character got an equal opportunity to shine in this book, and Wolfman absolutely nailed Dick Grayson. Nightwing here is portrayed as every bit the bold, strategic, well respected leader he once was in the 80's.. the one absent from comics today. Still haven't quite felt out Higgins work but it certainly reads promising. I never realized just how much I missed Discowing until I delved into this graphic novel, and proceeded to reread every NTT tpb I owned from there on out. It's almost as if I dug up a rare time capsule in Games imbued with such a classic feel to it. Flawless in it's execution, well, aside from minor continuity goofs that can easily be overlooked by Perez' stunning pencils and Wolfmans' delivery, this is clearly one for the ages. The legendary duo prove that you don't have to make a series dark and edgy in order for it to appeal to a wide audience. If you're an old school titans fan...stand up! This one's for you :)

I guess I really just want Grayson on a team again. Just sayin.

#2 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to hear the positive praise, I'll probably be reading this sometime this week.

#3 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

No one else has read Games =(

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

*Stands Up.

Yeah, I freackin' love old school Nightwing, I hope he comes back as he was in the New Titans. Unfortunately, I don't think that him in a team will come to fruition soon.

#5 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:Tim Drake is off leading the Teen Titans. Batman's on JLI/JLA/B&R. Batgirl is BoP. Batwoman's paired up with Flamebird for crying out loud! Flamebird! Jason friggin Todd has his own band of outlaws. What gives?

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@ReVamp:Tim Drake is off leading the Teen Titans. Batman's on JLI/JLA/B&R. Batgirl is BoP. Batwoman's paired up with Flamebird for crying out loud! Flamebird! Jason friggin Todd has his own band of outlaws. What gives?

God knows. Actually... he probably doesn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.