Should Nightwing Become Batman? [video]

  • 71 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio

There's been lots of talk already about whether or not Nightwing should become Batman.  The conversation even made it into the Comic Vine offices. 


  









Staff
#1 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL that was funny.

#2 Posted by Marvel Knight (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

Can spandex be too tight Red?

#3 Posted by Nighthunter Earth-1974 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman...how didn't I think about that?

#4 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

"Bruce and Dick.. Batman and Dick"

"Mrs. Invisible would be pissed... from down unduh!"

Funnies.... But now that i sit here and think about it, it would seem logical for one of Batman's Proteges to try and step up for the batman position. Why isn't Oracle in "Battle for the Cowl?"

Moderator
#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
""Bruce and Dick.. Batman and Dick"

"Mrs. Invisible would be pissed... from down unduh!"

Funnies.... But now that i sit here and think about it, it would seem logical for one of Batman's Proteges to try and step up for the batman position. Why isn't Oracle in "Battle for the Cowl?"
"
she is, she even has her own mini to go along with it
#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"pixelized said:
""Bruce and Dick.. Batman and Dick"

"Mrs. Invisible would be pissed... from down unduh!"

Funnies.... But now that i sit here and think about it, it would seem logical for one of Batman's Proteges to try and step up for the batman position. Why isn't Oracle in "Battle for the Cowl?"
"
she is, she even has her own mini to go along with it"
Ew, why didn't they put her on the poster then.
Moderator
#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Nighthunter said:
"pixelized said:
""Bruce and Dick.. Batman and Dick"

"Mrs. Invisible would be pissed... from down unduh!"

Funnies.... But now that i sit here and think about it, it would seem logical for one of Batman's Proteges to try and step up for the batman position. Why isn't Oracle in "Battle for the Cowl?"
"
she is, she even has her own mini to go along with it"
Ew, why didn't they put her on the poster then."
because it is jsut the first cover of an interconected one, the reason  she ain't there is the same as why you don't see Robin, Jason Todd, Hush, Two-face, Batgirl, etc. Even when they are already confirmed
#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I was referring to the first picture posted in the "Battle for the Cowl" thread

Moderator
#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I was referring to the first picture posted in the "Battle for the Cowl" thread"
only 5 people appeared there and I suspect a minimum of 30 characters showing up
#10 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Kay

Moderator
#11 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

What a lovely image... Bruce Wayne as Wonder Woman... (Sarcasm)

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is no.

#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

why no?

Moderator
#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is Nightwing. That's why. I would rather have a dead Batman than a new one. I didn't even like Jean Paul as Batman.

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

ok

Moderator
#16 Posted by mrenb (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my take.  I think what MIGHT happen is Nighwing will TEMPORARILY take on the cowl as Batman during the whole R.I.P. storyline, however long that will last.   It will give Nighwing another taste of what it is to be Batman. 

Bruce Wayne, quite simply, will return as Batman after all is said and done.  DC simply won't be willing to make a transition for Nightwing to be Batman permanently anytime soon.  Bruce Wayne=Batman=Money Maker.  Clark Kent=Superman=Money Maker.  You get the point.  Or, is it pointy ears? 

I thought you guys would avoid the whole gay implication thing, but I guess that will never die.  Nightwing's costume as Robin during the Golden, Silver and Bronze Ages, including not too long ago during the 80's, did NOT help matters much in the gay thing.  Sadly, the innocence of the Golden and Silver Ages have been miscontrued into something deplorable.  I get the humor, but while never a fan of Dick Grayson as Robin, I have been a fan of him as Nightwing.  I just wish the homo domo origato gay thing would disappear. 

Nightwing as Batman could be argued this is what Bruce Wayne had intended; to make certain someone continues on with his legacy to make a difference against criminals, to protect the innocent after he is gone.   He wants to leave something for his heir besides his scratch,,,,and all those wonderful toys. 

Red L.A.M.P., I'd say you're nuts, but you clearly demonstrated them for poor G-Man, and the rest of us. 

Excuse me while I gouge out my eyes........

How did you get Rachel's number?  She told me only I had it.  Blast It!!!

#17 Posted by Baal Zak (355 posts) - - Show Bio

What's interesting is that Nigthwing tried to protect Gotham after Batman's disappearance and he did a crappy job with this Two Face wannabe. What I liked about that story is that Grayson was the obvious choice to replace Batman, but now, with all his doubts and everything, it opens the possibility for others characters to become Batman.

#18 Edited by V (735 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this before...Anyway

Dick spent his entire Nightwing series getting away from Bruce's shadow. Why spend all that time just so he can become the man he was essentially trying so hard to get away from? 
I'm tired of the "sidekick becomes the main hero" storyline. Morrison is more creative than that (I hope). 

There's only one Batman, and his name isn't Dick Grayson.
#19 Posted by NightTarget (19 posts) - - Show Bio

i want nightwing to stay as himself. he's worked to hard at that and shouldn't  just give it up and be batman.

#20 Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio
V said:
"I said this before...Anyway
Dick spent his entire Nightwing series getting away from Bruce's shadow. Why spend all that time just so he can become the man he was essentially trying so hard to get away from? 
I'm tired of the "sidekick becomes the main hero" storyline. Morrison is more creative than that (I hope). 

There's only one Batman, and his name isn't Dick Grayson.
"
This is what I was getting at.  Dick became his own person.  He left Batman's shadow and even developed an identity (Nightwing) on his own.  It's almost like becoming Batman would be a step backwards.  On the other hand, Batman > Nightwing.  In that regards it could be like a promotion.  Batman is pretty much the baddest ass crime fighter in the DC Universe.  But as we all know, there's no way this would be permanent.  It might make an interesting story but it's almost like what's the point.  Would it just be filler until Bruce gets back?  Batman is supposed to be confident, not questioning everything he does.
Staff
#21 Posted by V (735 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man 
If Bruce has to die, let the mantle die with him. 

@"questioning everything he does:" EXACTLY!!!!! That's exactly my problem with Dick. Always second guessing himself. That is completely out of Batman's character. However I was thinking, and what if it was not "Batman RIP;" what if instead it was "Bruce Wayne RIP." Kind of like rewriting the character of Bruce Wayne; making him go through all this mental and emotional "stuff" and in the end coming out of it a changed person? That would be cooler than the Nightwing theory.
#22 Posted by Samantha Holland "Sammy" (66 posts) - - Show Bio

please no.. Nightwing is so cool, then again it probably will happen anyway.. I always say Nightwing is cooler than batsy and it is true

#23 Posted by V (735 posts) - - Show Bio
Samantha Holland "Sammy" said:
"please no.. Nightwing is so cool, then again it probably will happen anyway.. I always say Nightwing is cooler than batsy and it is true"
Really? Why? 
#24 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO Bats in WW outfit (shudders) ok i must go an goucge my eyes out now.

Also Red....they are too tight never where them again

#25 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darkchild:
Now you're just encouraging me! Moohahahaha

Staff
#26 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"@Darkchild:
Now you're just encouraging me! Moohahahaha"
LMAO
#27 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Thanks guys. I got a shout-out whooooo!

I agree with Nightwing staying his own person, and yes, They're way too tight..

#28 Edited by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

This just in:

DC Comics saw the video of Red L.A.M.P. and G~Man's conversation about Wonder Woman taking up the mantle of Batman after RIP.  They liked the idea so much that they decided to run with it in their new franchise:

WonderBat: The Dark Knightingale


WonderBat
















While the current renderings are only preliminary, inside sources indicate that DC is interested in killing off all of their male super-heroes in order to usher in a new generation of cross-dressing female super-heroines who will be unveiled for the first time during their next major cross-over event: Identity Crisis in infinite Dressing Rooms.

Finally, there are already stirrings of a brand new fifty-two week series where the newly rechristened leading ladies will embark on a journey across the world to discover what truly happened to all of the DC universe's most powerful men which will end in a cataclysmic finale where all of the men are rediscovered in the Wildstorm universe.  Since their identities have been taken by the DC woman's roster they are forced to do the only logical thing by taking on the identities of all of the female heroines (test images of new favorites including Bat WonderMan, Green Canary, and Martian Man-zatanna pending).
#29 Posted by Vine Villians (899 posts) - - Show Bio
NiteFly said:
"

This just in:

DC Comics saw the video of Red L.A.M.P. and G~Man's conversation about Wonder Woman taking up the mantle of Batman after RIP.  They liked the idea so much that they decided to run with it in their new franchise:

WonderBat: The Dark Knightingale


WonderBat
















While the current renderings are only preliminary, inside sources indicate that DC is interested in killing off all of their male super-heroes in order to usher in a new generation of cross-dressing female super-heroines who will be unveiled for the first time during their next major cross-over event: Identity Crisis in infinite dressing rooms.

Finally, there are already stirrings of a brand new fifty-two week series where the newly rechristened leading ladies will embark on a journey across the world to discover what truly happened to all of the DC universe's most powerful men which will end in a cataclysmic finale where all of the men are rediscovered in the Wildstorm universe.  Since their identities have been taken by the DC woman's roster they are forced to do the only logical thing by taking on the identities of all of the female heroines (test images of new favorites including Bat WonderMan, Green Canary, and Martian Man-zatanna pending).
"
Your a horrible individual
#30 Posted by Graft (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO

#31 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio
Vine Villians said:
"Your an insane genius"
There.  Fixed that for you.
#32 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
NiteFly said:
"Vine Villians said:
"Your an insane genius"
There.  Fixed that for you."
I hope you can see what finger Im holding up
#33 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#34 Posted by Daemon707 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

If any one will get the cape and cowl IT WILL BE NIGHTWING ( RICHARD "DICK" GRAYSON ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA (EVIL LAUGHTER)LOL I'M SO CRAZY!!!!^_^

#35 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely it's gonna be Nightwing but wouldn't it be interesting (and waaay out there) if Hush donned the mantle? The man who hated Waynes guts and the same man who transformed his face to look like Bruce. It will be as if Bruce never left.....sort of.

All that aside....well.....I'm gonna go with Jason Todd as the new Batman, I think the time is right. He'll learn a thing or 2 walking in Bruces shoes, but depending on where the writers take him he could loose his edge if they make him play by the rules. And to make sure that doesn't happen, let's make Damien the new Robin wich would keep Talia and her Man-Bat army around, a convenient option to keep the low level crimnals spooked, among other things. Having Damien and the League of Shadows around would present a counter influence against the "Bat Family"

Sure this idea probably won't happen cause this would keep Tim and Dick in their current roles which would be a waste.

#36 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty, what was that in?

Moderator
#37 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks kinda pale in the face.

#38 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
























































caption

#39 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"pixelized said:
"That's pretty, what was that in?"
alt reality i believe"
you wouldn't happen to know exact issues would you?
Moderator
#40 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"pixelized said:
"That's pretty, what was that in?"
alt reality i believe"
you wouldn't happen to know exact issues would you?"
JLA #90
#41 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"i do not, but it shouldnt be hard to find out. ill look into it in the morning for you."
No need, my DC bit- buddy came through

Nighthunter said:
"pixelized said:
"Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"pixelized said:
"That's pretty, what was that in?"
alt reality i believe"
you wouldn't happen to know exact issues would you?"
JLA #90"
Thank you
[=
Moderator
#42 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

np

to avoid confusion, it's the one that has their hands together in a cover, written by Kelly

#43 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

oh i forgot they renumber with the start of a new volume

Moderator
#44 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84631 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Nightwing should remain Nightwing.

Moderator
#45 Posted by Fresh Prince (4987 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I think Nightwing should remain Nightwing."
same here
#46 Posted by ThE FL@$H (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that nightwing might be a good candidate to take up the mantle... i also believe that they will return Bruce, because batman is bruce and bruce is batman... what if Huntress rook the mantle..

#47 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is G-man's costume?........I'd like to see the Skrull chin on him in the next Vid! Maybe some ears.

#48 Posted by greenarrow12 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think  dick would be that great of a batman.he sould just stay as nightwing

#49 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

 I still am not buying bruce wayne dying at all I think the whole RIP thing is just about symbolism and a part of batman my die but also a part of me thinks the whole thing it make bruce immortal I am sticking with my gut and saying that bruce wayne will claim the battle for the cowl maybe hes gonna be a god or something or just never die something like how death wont let deadpool die I dont know but come hell or high water Bruce is still gonna be around maybe not as batman but hes not gonna die.

I will believe it when I see it.

#50 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

All you people blind, the only person who could replace Bruce as Batman would be Terry.
Terry is Batman in the futher where Bruce is too old to be the dark kinght. You people act like you never heard of Batman Beyond. Batman Beyond is this guy name Terry who replaces Bruce as Batman in the futher.
Nightwing would never be Batman. If you watch the episode Old Wounds of Batman The Animated Series on Youtube or on TV you would see why Nightwing would never be Batman. He don't get along with Batman that much anymore, so why would he be Batman. That is like Batman trying to be the new Superman. Terry from Batman Beyond is the only one who could replace Bruce as Batman.
Who could replace Bruce as Batman?
A.Terry 
B.Nightwng
The answer is A Terry.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.