Robin's secret case.

#1 Edited by SuperDoahBoy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Teen Titan episode titled Revved Up the Titans had to race Ding Dong Daddy for a case containing a secret of Robin's. The episode ended with Robin opening the case to show the team what was inside it, without showing us what was inside. Did a later episode reveal what was inside or was it left to speculation?

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

i remember that, good question!

#3 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

I never got around to watching that episode, but I believe I'm familiar with it. Red X swings by and helps fend off the villains so that Robin can finish the race.. if it is indeed that one, and keep in mind I may be reaching here, I think the box contained the identity of Red X. It's been heavily implied he was Jason Todd(based on their interactions and fighting styles, gadgets etc) Maybe his old costume? (Is that why Red X joined the race?)

#4 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

I take it back. Word is Robin's true identity as Dick Grayson from his Flying Grayson days was what he was trying to retrieve from Ding Dong Daddy from inside the case.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12581 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: what on that show gave you the impression it was Jason? There was honestly more to suggest it was Tim even though most of us knew it was Dick.

#6 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: lol are you using Internet Explorer!?

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

i remember that, good question!
#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12581 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: No, Safari.

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it'd be a Red X costume.

#10 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Never established.  But fiction of full of mystery boxes: the skating case from Ronin, the briefcase from Pulp Fiction.  The actual content of the case isn't really what the creators are trying to show the audience, they're trying to show the effects that an uncompromising drive or greed might have on the characters.

There was an episode of the old GI Joe cartoon called "The MacGuffin Device", the literal term for this particular plot device.  In the episode, the MacGuffin device turns out to be a weapon that brings the user's imagination to life (Shipwreck, in this case).  This is pretty much what this plot device is for, it's to allow the writer to move the plot forward without losing focus on the characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.