Question about his bio

#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading through his bio and this paragraph stuck out for me.

"

The End of the Dynamic Duo

Soon, the Titans were once again reunited with some new players. Robin resumed his role as leader and eventually came into conflict with his mentor, finding he could now leave the nest. Another incarnation of the Teen Titans had the team of  Cyborg,   Starfire, Robin, Raven, and Beast Boy. This team frequently faced very dangerous challenges, and a recurring villain for them (but for young Grayson especially) was Deathstroke himself. Slade was constantly challenging the titans and many times attempted to make Robin his protege, because he saw potential in him. Though Robin is only human he used his integence, gadgetry, and martial arts prowess, and the fruits of his rigorous training under Batman to single handedly defeat the entire team of the teen titans by himself under multiple circumstances. In one instance he invents an alter-ego (a thief named Red X) who uses advanced technology and pretends to be a criminal to gain Slade's trust. And since he knew all of the titans weaknesses, he easily took them out, but he did so without harming them because they were still his friends. He had defeated the titans multiple times and even pretended to defeat "robin" with a hologram of himself so the titans would believe he was a threat, and get on the inside of Slade's plans, until he found out that Slade already knew he was Robin, and Dick's plan was foiled." 

Correct me if I'm wrong but this and the next few paragraphs only happened on the Teen Titans animated series, it shouldn't be in his mainstream bio. I'm no Dick Grayson expert but did anything like this happen in mainstream?
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC Although there are some events in the TV show that mirror the comic books, it seems to me that this is written based off of the show. In fact, I'm almost positive that it is.
#3 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Your right this is written based of Teen Titans animated series, and it specifically mentions Red X, who has never existed in a comic book form aside from in Teen Titans Go!

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna remove it then. The same stuff is already covered at the bottom of the page under animated versions of the character.

#5 Posted by imaginaryman (198 posts) - - Show Bio

yup this only happened in the animated series

#6 Posted by velle37 (6044 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"I was reading through his bio and this paragraph stuck out for me.

"

The End of the Dynamic Duo

Soon, the Titans were once again reunited with some new players. Robin resumed his role as leader and eventually came into conflict with his mentor, finding he could now leave the nest. Another incarnation of the Teen Titans had the team of  Cyborg,   Starfire, Robin, Raven, and Beast Boy. This team frequently faced very dangerous challenges, and a recurring villain for them (but for young Grayson especially) was Deathstroke himself. Slade was constantly challenging the titans and many times attempted to make Robin his protege, because he saw potential in him. Though Robin is only human he used his integence, gadgetry, and martial arts prowess, and the fruits of his rigorous training under Batman to single handedly defeat the entire team of the teen titans by himself under multiple circumstances. In one instance he invents an alter-ego (a thief named Red X) who uses advanced technology and pretends to be a criminal to gain Slade's trust. And since he knew all of the titans weaknesses, he easily took them out, but he did so without harming them because they were still his friends. He had defeated the titans multiple times and even pretended to defeat "robin" with a hologram of himself so the titans would believe he was a threat, and get on the inside of Slade's plans, until he found out that Slade already knew he was Robin, and Dick's plan was foiled."    Correct me if I'm wrong but this and the next few paragraphs only happened on the Teen Titans animated series, it shouldn't be in his mainstream bio. I'm no Dick Grayson expert but did anything like this happen in mainstream?"

Yes this was based on the DCAU, which is separate from the DCU. 

It should be removed from the DCU section of his bio and placed in the DCAU area.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.