Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9430 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Proposed Nightwing animated series that was canceled

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Munsu

Didn't see a thread for this, but apparently there was a pitch for a Nightwing animated series back in 09 by many of the people currently involved with the Legend of Korra series, like the art director and some of the producers. I think it was shelved because they decided to go with the Young Justice show instead, which I am a fan of, but I don't know. Regardless looking at the proposed character designs I am really disappointed this didn't happen. I like the designs for Dick and Raven and it looks like this could have been really interesting. Oh well.

Dick in normal clothes: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/184/7/0/nightwing_dick_grayson_by_blacksataguni-d55vpi4.jpg

Nightwing 1: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/184/8/8/nightwing_1_by_blacksataguni-d55vpqw.jpg

Nightwing 2: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/184/e/4/nightwing2_by_blacksataguni-d55vpvi.jpg

Raven in normal clothes: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/184/2/2/nightwing_raven_by_blacksataguni-d55vq4s.jpg

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

very anime-ish

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jack16ichigo

I'd watch it,nightwing is one of my favourite characters but it bugs me how they always change his costume.....

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Romulus9000

This could have been amazing. Especially if it was the same creative team from Legend of Korra. I've only seen a bit of that show, but what i've seen has been great stuff.

Shame we never even got a pilot.

@jack16ichigo: Nightwing IS my favorite character and i 100 percent agree with you. The only costume change i've ever been ok with is the Arkham Asylum design because it's the same pattern just more tech-y.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Munsu

Yeah, same artist who did the Korra designs so no surprise it is very anime-ish, but I kind of like that. After getting used to the more stylized designs you typically see for DC shows it is interesting to see designs of characters that are a little more realistic or at least realistically proportioned.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Jotham

Hmm, pretty cool. I would watch it. I like Young Justice, but something like this would probably be more enjoyable for me.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Superguy0009e

The costume design looks pretty slick

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By graysonofgotham

I don't like the look at all.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmoothJammin

The domino mask is a little big but besides that, I'm sure I can get over the small inconsistencies in his uniform. Great news btw. I could not wipe the grin off my face after reading this. There's always hope an idea for a Grayson tv series will come to fruition. Until then I'll just have to settle for Young Justice, yeehaw!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmoothJammin

It gives me hope, for..

KNlGHTWlNG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KNlGHTWlNG

@SmoothJammin said:

The domino mask is a little big but besides that, I'm sure I can get over the small inconsistencies in his uniform. Great news btw. I could not wipe the grin off my face after reading this. There's always hope an idea for a Grayson tv series will come to fruition. Until then I'll just have to settle for Young Justice, yeehaw!

Agree the mask kind of bugs me but I do like the overall style of the costume. Ravens eyes however scare the hell out of me. Is that supposed to be seconds before Trigon takes over or something?? Besides that I would have watched this every week. Hopefully this will be revisited with Cartoon Network doing DC Nation and Young Justice doing as well as it is.

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LuigiBat

To be honest I really think they could've done a Nightwing series years ago, in conjunction with TAS/TNBA. In a way it's probably good that this proposed series didn't take off, as I don't think it would have generated quite enough mainstream interest from non-Grayson/comic fans.

They could easily do a solo series now though. Young Justice has been a success but Nightwing carries the show imo (other people have said that as well), might as well give him his own show set in the same universe whilst keeping Young Justice going so that crossovers can occur.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By htb106

I would've loved a Nightwing cartoon but I prefer the idea of Young Justice because I get to see loads of my favourite characters. Maybe Nightwing will get a spin-off series from Young Justice.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vernierhawk001

Don't know about these designs. Hmm....

@LuigiBat said:

To be honest I really think they could've done a Nightwing series years ago, in conjunction with TAS/TNBA. In a way it's probably good that this proposed series didn't take off, as I don't think it would have generated quite enough mainstream interest from non-Grayson/comic fans.

They could easily do a solo series now though. Young Justice has been a success but Nightwing carries the show imo (other people have said that as well), might as well give him his own show set in the same universe whilst keeping Young Justice going so that crossovers can occur.

Wooot!!!!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By sethysquare

Im glad we got young justice. But this could've been really cool as well.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

argh! this would have been awesome

PhantomArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PhantomArtist

i hope the reason it was scrapped is because they have WAY better new designs and is secretly making the series

Avatar image for the_nightwing_the1st
    The_Nightwing_the1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the anime-ish look. Would've been truly AMAZING to have a Nightwing centered show (YJ may have well as been. It was all NW, SB, and Wally)

A masterpiece Nightwing show needs to happen! DC has F'd with Grayson to much without honoring him. I think the anime style farseeing series would revitalize the glory of Dick.

Anyone else think they need to hybridize the YJ costum with the classic V into finger stripes? have the bird with unfurling wings to finger stripes. front and back design.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.