Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Oh the possibilities.....

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vernierhawk001

Dick Grayson's "new direction" has caused quite a stir. I know we all have different (and passionate) views about whether or not we think this is a good idea. I also know those views have been argued elsewhere. This is a post dedicated to finding the good in all of this and speculating about the potential of the new series. So I figure I will start with characters he might meet.

Potential Partners: I'm going under the assumption that the agents will work in two man teams. Why? Because its convenient. My top picks for Grayson's partner are.....

1) Rose Wilson: They had some significant interaction before the Reboot. Post Flashpoint, I assume they are about the same age. Her attitude would be an interesting counter to Grayson's. Plus, she is no stranger to this kind of work, right?

2) Donna Troy: It's about time she shows up in the N52, right?! And why shouldn't she be a butt-kicking secret agent type?

3) Reimagined Helena Bertinelli: So she wouldn't be the Huntress (Helena Wayne currently has that role) but a highly trained agent.

4) Cass Cain: Changed a bit to be roughly Grayson's age. But I think there are better ways to bring Cass' character back.

What do you think?

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I like number 3, Bertinelli coming back with a new alias would mean we could keep Wayne.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I like number 3, Bertinelli coming back with a new alias would mean we could keep Wayne.

Agreed 100%. This would be a superb way to bring Bertinelli back and maybe put her as Huntress if Helena Wayne is dying as indicated on the Earth 2 weekly teaser.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@papinacho said:

Agreed 100%. This would be a superb way to bring Bertinelli back and maybe put her as Huntress if Helena Wayne is dying as indicated on the Earth 2 weekly teaser.

When was this indicated?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@frozen: Umm...Thomas Wayne is holding his granddaughter in the old "dead Robin" pose.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/weekly-earth-2-series-announced/1100-148554/

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frozen  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@frozen: Umm...Thomas Wayne is holding his granddaughter in the old "dead Robin" pose.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/weekly-earth-2-series-announced/1100-148554/

Douchey Superman must have done that. I'm getting sick of him. Is that Val in the background?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

@papinacho said:

When was this indicated?

Earth 2 Batman holding Helena Wayne in a manner similar to the Silver Age Superman holding Supergirl's dead body in COIE. It's on the teaser image to the Earth 2 weekly series. It's not an open implication but it's subtly there IMO.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@frozen said:

@lvenger said:

@papinacho said:

When was this indicated?

Earth 2 Batman holding Helena Wayne in a manner similar to the Silver Age Superman holding Supergirl's dead body in COIE. It's on the teaser image to the Earth 2 weekly series. It's not an open implication but it's subtly there IMO.

They're really giving Thomas a hard time. First his son dies and now it looks like his granddaughter too.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: It's closer to this pose than Superman's.

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JakeN7
    JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Yup, that pose has been used a lot in the New 52 lately. Red Hood and the Outlaws #17 cover, and during Damian's death as well.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jaken7: It seems the New-52 is taking inspiration from alot of things. Is it me or am I seeing Henry Cavill?

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: It's NAWT just you. That picture's been passed around here for awhile, drawing the same comparisons.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Good point actually. You're right. And yeah that cover absolutely made Superman look like Henry Cavill on purpose :P

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote's for Cass or Rose. As you said, there's histroy (Rebooted history, but history) between Dick and Rose, and they worked well together back in the day. At the same time, Spyral seems like the type of organization that could lead to Cass being introduced again, and properly joining the Bat Family after Dick inevitably leaves.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JakeN7

@lvenger said:

@frozen: Good point actually. You're right. And yeah that cover absolutely made Superman look like Henry Cavill on purpose :P

Noooo! I pointed it out, it's my credit, gimme gimme gimme! :3

:P

But yeah, no one (who at least knows you) is going to blame you for making a Superman connection instead of a Batman one Lvenger.

Some more:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Noticing a trend!?

Lol. Pretty common trope amongst the Batfolk.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: To be honest, it seems more of a trend amongst the Batman group than the Superman group. Maybe I should have remembered some of these scans first heh :P

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@jaken7: To be honest, it seems more of a trend amongst the Batman group than the Superman group. Maybe I should have remembered some of these scans first heh :P

Yeah, that's what I said! :P

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher:

I think the Rose interaction would be very interesting. I haven't read any of her stuff in the N52, however. Not sure if her personality is the same

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Donna Troy agent idea was terrible.

Rose Wilson would work great with Dick.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vernierhawk001
    JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Apparently, number 3 was correct. Congrats dude! You're a freaking psychic!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@lvenger said:

@papinacho said:

Damn, you guys called this all the way back then

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

@papinacho said:

Damn, you guys called this all the way back then

I've just made a thread where the news was broken on Newsarama. I'd forgotten that this comment was made until you pointed it out hehehe :P

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: What do you think of it all? BTW have you read Doomed yet?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lvenger

@jonny_anonymous: Well I'm looking forward to it. Since there's no issue of Unchained out in June, I'll probably pick this first issue up in early July to see what it's like. The premise is intriguing, the setting takes from previous Batman lore and the tone seems to be a mix of the fantasy spy genre and the realistic spy genre. What's not to like?

And no I haven't yet, the damn comic hasn't arrived in the post yet. Should be here tomorrow though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous: Well I'm looking forward to it. Since there's no issue of Unchained out in June, I'll probably pick this first issue up in early July to see what it's like. The premise is intriguing, the setting takes from previous Batman lore and the tone seems to be a mix of the fantasy spy genre and the realistic spy genre. What's not to like?

And no I haven't yet, the damn comic hasn't arrived in the post yet. Should be here tomorrow though.

Yea that's pretty much how I feel.

Also bummer.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Well if it's as bad as you and some people claim it is, it may not be a bummer after all. Except in quality of writing that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.