Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Off My Mind: Will Nightwing and Batgirl Hook Up in DC's 'New 52'?

• 172 results
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Feliciano2040

Tony "G-Man" Guerrero said:

it's always been clear that Barbara was his true love.

Not biased at all X-D !

For my part I couldn't have found a couple with more chemistry than a pairing between a glass of a water and a wooden plank, those two only matched up because they were kids, they had zero personalities back then, maybe today they can work, but even then I don't think so.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By SmoothJammin
    @Bertone said:
    1) It's "Kory", not "Kori".  2) It's been confirmed in interviews that DCnU's K-O-R-Y will still have a history with Dick Grayson.  3) "Even though Dick's relationship with Kori lasted a while and the two almost got married, it's always been clear that Barbara was his true love."  Um the whole time he was with Starfire (K-O-R-Y) Babs wasn't mentioned once by him. Read the Wolfman/Perez Titans run. In fact, Dick doesn't mention or interact with Babs from the early 80's until the early/mid 90's. The first time he even mentions her after he after he and K-O-R-Y get together is in KNIGHTFALL and it's in passing "Oracle told me..."  4) I'm not denying that Dick and Babs are together, were together and love eachother...but a huge part of their romantic history is retcons. Dick didn't pine for Babs in the 80's and make K-O-R-Y his second choice. There are comics in the early 80's where Babs is with Jason Bard as his date at functions and Dick see's them without bating an eye or skipping a beat. After their flirtation in BATMAN FAMILY ended there was no romance until the late 90's. I'm not denying there is something between the characters...I'm just saying the history isn't as far spread as legend has it.  5) Prove me wrong by not deleting this comment. I'm told by a friend on here that contrary comments get deleted on your articles. If you don't like being fact checked then tough.

That's what people don't get. Starfire and Dick Grayson were practically soul mates during the early days of the Teen Titans. In those times, Babs/Dick didn't exist canonically. It wasn't until after the various retcons that Batgirl was introduced into the fold and their relationship kinda forced into current continuity. If anything, Kory was the one, people would know that if they read up on their NTT. I ship the hell out of Power Girl, though.
    Avatar image for texaswatermelon
    Texaswatermelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Texaswatermelon
    @ltbrd That's the third pic. The second pic is babs talking to kory.
    djotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 367

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By djotaku

I love that vertical panel where starfire answers the door about as naked as she could be in a non-adult comic.  While those types of scenes are always heartbreaking for the girl or guy knocking at the door, I do love the dramatic WHAM on that person.  So and so is not only not into you, they're essentially sexing up someone else.

As far as the back and forth and all that.  The thing that bugs me about serial fiction like comics or soaps is that there are more "almost" marriages than there are in real life (at least in my circle of family and friends).  Because, as Tony said, the chase is more fun, these people are constantly getting really close to someone only to have it fall apart for the story.  After a while it has the potential to make someone cynical or jaded in the same way that cheap comic book death does.  

I don't know if most comic book writers are single or not, but as a married person, I can tell you there is PLENTY of drama in a marriage.  It doesn't all have to be about the chase.  The key issue, which Hickman and others have done a great job exploring in Fantastic 4/Future Foundation, is making time for your spouse.  It's hard enough for avg joes, imagine super heroes.  Even when both parties ARE supers as Reed and Sue, there can be a tension between intimate time (and that doesn't JUST mean sex) and all their other responsibilities.  And when both people are super heroes there's the extra understanding that they DO have a job to DO.  So while MJ or Lois can look like jerks for wanting their men to spend time with them because they can't properly understand the super's life, Sue can understand the tension there as could Barb.

And there are other issues to explore: do they have children in a world where they have enemies always going after them, does their love die out as happened with Jean Grey and Scott Summers around the time of Grant Morrison's run, do they remain faithful, not to mention everything that comes from living with someone you've only just dated before.  Finally, there's extra bickering if their jobs overlap.  Everyone I've ever known who's had parents that work together has said they fight constantly at work.  (Mr and Mrs Incredible on the roof before their marriage is a mild example)

So there's tons to explore - they're just too scared or, like I said, maybe they aren't married so they can't think of it.  But I'd like to see comics continue to evolve - THAT will bring more readers than just going back to #1.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'd like for them to get together, yes, but they also aren't as iconic as Lois and Clark would be for me. That being said, if they get together in this new 52, then great. If not, doesn't matter.  Just glad Babs is Batgirl again to be honest :)

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By difficlus
    @labarith said:
    If Dick needs her to walk to get it up... they have deep problems. :(
    not really...
    dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#58  Edited By dr.x
    @SmoothJammin said:
    @Bertone said:
    1) It's "Kory", not "Kori".  2) It's been confirmed in interviews that DCnU's K-O-R-Y will still have a history with Dick Grayson.  3) "Even though Dick's relationship with Kori lasted a while and the two almost got married, it's always been clear that Barbara was his true love."  Um the whole time he was with Starfire (K-O-R-Y) Babs wasn't mentioned once by him. Read the Wolfman/Perez Titans run. In fact, Dick doesn't mention or interact with Babs from the early 80's until the early/mid 90's. The first time he even mentions her after he after he and K-O-R-Y get together is in KNIGHTFALL and it's in passing "Oracle told me..."  4) I'm not denying that Dick and Babs are together, were together and love eachother...but a huge part of their romantic history is retcons. Dick didn't pine for Babs in the 80's and make K-O-R-Y his second choice. There are comics in the early 80's where Babs is with Jason Bard as his date at functions and Dick see's them without bating an eye or skipping a beat. After their flirtation in BATMAN FAMILY ended there was no romance until the late 90's. I'm not denying there is something between the characters...I'm just saying the history isn't as far spread as legend has it.  5) Prove me wrong by not deleting this comment. I'm told by a friend on here that contrary comments get deleted on your articles. If you don't like being fact checked then tough.
    That's what people don't get. Starfire and Dick Grayson were practically soul mates during the early days of the Teen Titans. In those times, Babs/Dick didn't exist canonically. It wasn't until after the various retcons that Batgirl was introduced into the fold and their relationship kinda forced into current continuity. If anything, Kory was the one, people would know that if they read up on their NTT. I ship the hell out of Power Girl, though.

not to put  too fine of  point  Dick and Kory  had I child together  Nightstar as well  (from Kingdom Come)  which is cannon so how is that going  to work  out  i'm just see holes here that's that need to be address to my mind .
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Billy Batson
    @leokearon said:
    Never really liked Babs and Dick together, it seemed forced  I prefer Dick and Kory,

Same. 

BB

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Bestostero

They better! Dick proposes to Barbara before and what happens...?

davidnappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By davidnappy

I'm probably in the minority but I always prefered the hinting relationship between Dick and his landlady Clancy.
    RareCheshire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By RareCheshire

These two are great together!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By danhimself

I should get a prize for guessing this right on the facebook post :)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#64  Edited By Outside_85

Sadly i dont think you can put Babs and Dick in a relationship without it degrading one of them.

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By bunkerbuster05

I hope so!

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By MrMazz

sure why not

Nightstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Nightstar1

Seriously, if DC wants Dick and Babs to be in a relationship, no matter how boring I may personally find it, good for them. My issue has to do with DC trashing one of the best written long term relationships in the DC universe in favor of a completely retconned one, which makes absolutely no sense (unless you've been in a Batcave for years.).  To capture my interest in a Nightwing/Batgirl relationship, show me the process of them falling in love instead of telling me "oh, look how much they love each other," out of the clear blue with no real history to back this up. I think that was the deathblow for many potential BG/NW shippers - the "Dick sleeps with Babs and then hands her an invite to his wedding to Kory" scene. Especially when anyone reading the Titans books knows that before the wedding, Dick was trying to do everything he could to try to get Kory to marry him. The fact that he might lose her was driving him NUTS! He didn't have one eye on Babs waiting for any chance to shag the commissioners daughter. . 

In the Batman Family comics, Dick actually did work with Babs in the 80's when he was also in the Titans. She worked with him on the Jason Todd origin story. Quite closely. And never did he once seem to be in love with Batgirl. BG and Robin have been in the same book since 1966 and have come nowhere near a relationship. 

Dick and Kory, on the other hand, were in a serious relationship (with serious issues, of course) from 1980 - 1993 (100th Issue was "the wedding"). To call this, as some have, a hook-up tells me that those who have judged this relationship haven't read the book.  At one point in the story, Dick Grayson told Kory that he was a ONE WOMAN MAN, and so a portion of the problem seems to be how the character of Dick Grayson has changed. Some time after Titans Hunt, Dick Grayson and Roy Harper seem to have switched personalities. 
    Nightstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nightstar1
    @dr.x said:
    @SmoothJammin said:
    @Bertone said:

not to put  too fine of  point  Dick and Kory  had I child together  Nightstar as well  (from Kingdom Come)  which is cannon so how is that going  to work  out  i'm just see holes here that's that need to be address to my mind .
    Kingdom Come isn't Cannon. It's a possible future for the characters. And DC has many universes, so even if it's canon, it's not necessarily so for the current DC Universe, as canon is finicky and changeable at the whim of the editors. 
    Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are these two scans from? 

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By doordoor123

ACTUALLY Lobdell confirmed that Starfire's history with the titans was still in tact. He also confirmed that the relationship between the two DID happen. It was also confirmed that there was a Titan team before these new titans.
    Druid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Druid

DC sure loves to hit that reset button.

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By -Vigil-

I really hope they become an item again. Neither of them is my favorite, but they're a good match for each other.

BatBen9135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By BatBen9135
    @Nightstar1: I would like to point something else out. Dick and Kory haven't been together for 20 years. That relationship ended in the 80s, so I don't see why people are so stuck on it. However, I do understand people getting upset with the retcons on that relationship. I believe that when Dick was with Kory, he only had eyes for Kory, that's the kind of person Dick is.  But let's be honest, Babs is just the better match. For one she's human, two she's grown up as a vigilante like Dick, and three they've worked together longer and experienced a lot together. They're really good friends, and the best relationships are founded in friendship.

Of course, I am all for a Nightwing Starfire booty call, but he should end up with Babs. It works better in my mind. 

Please don't get this wrong though, I like Starfire a lot and the past she has with Dick, but the problem is that's pretty much been her character for the past few years. Morrison wrote her well during the 52 stuff with Animal Man, but for the past few years she's been hung up around Dick. I really hope this new series moves her character along. Babs and Dick work better, and Kory needs to find someone else. I mean, how many love interests has she had beside him?
    ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ahgunsillyo
    @U R Sofa King We Todd Did: These scans are from Nightwing Annual #2 (2007).  Marc Andreyko and Joe Bennet. 

As for Dick and Barbara being in a relationship, I'm completely fine with that.  But then again, I'm also completely fine with Clark Kent and Lois Lane, Peter Parker and Mary Jane and most of the relationships that are apparently make the characters "old," "unrelatable," and "boring."

Batman and Catwoman?  Yeah, sure, I'm totally for that. 
    Superboy and Wonder Girl?  Go for it. 
    Tim Drake and Spoiler?  Bring that back. 
    Batman and Wonder Woman?  If he's not going to date Catwoman, then by all means; the Justice League animated series convinced me that they have a pretty awesome chemistry.  
    Avatar image for princesssolaria
    PrincessSolaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PrincessSolaria
    @leokearon: Yeah, I prefer Dick and Kory :D
    Nightstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Nightstar1
    @BatBen9135:   

You haven't read the Dick/Kory relationship, and don't know the history, so I find it difficult to discuss it with you, but I'll answer your reply.  

Dick and Kory's relationship went from 80-93, with occasional hookups since then. She's in love with him, he's (probably) "moved on". Or is in denial because he has (newfound/existing) relationship issues because of Bruce/Batman/editors). It's hard to tell when the guy is basically hooking up with anything with a vagina (since his monogamous pre-retcon days in the NTT/NT.)

If Dick and Babs were such a natural fit, then why were they not a couple in the original Batman Family incarnation. They had from 1966-1980 (at which point the Bat-books basically had nothing interesting to to with Robin, and he was given carte blanche to Marv Wolfman and George Perez in order to make him intersting. During that time, he led the Titans, became Nightwing and had a relationship (not a hook up or booty call) with Starfire which spanned 13 years.   (Dick and Babs actual comic book relationship timeline was what, 8 years.) 

I have to ask you why you feel that Babs is a better match for Dick because 'she's human'. How about looking at the characteristics that drew Dick to Kory. Kory's loving, open and accepting attitude despite being voluntarily given to slavers in order for her planet to have peace. Her fierce loyalty to her friends. Her optimism. Dick Grayson became a better man because of her.  

Babs was not a vigilante in the sense that Dick Grayson was. She became a crime-figher for the fun of it, not because criminals took her parents (or her freedom, as was Kory's case.)  They don't have a special shared history because of that fact.  In a sense, she and Bette Kane have more of a shared history. 

"They worked longer and experienced a lot together", not outside of retcons (read: fake history).  In real history, Babs was a much older woman. When he was a college student she was a congresswoman. That means she was significantly older than Dick Grayson.

My way of keeping sane through all of the DC Universe change BS is that anything during and after Titans Hunt isn't reality. The reboot isn't  going to be permanent. It's gonna change again at the whim of the editors, so I'm going to choose my reality.  

Peace off. :)    
    Nightstar1 
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#77  Edited By daredevil21134

I hope not.She's not good enough for him

Avatar image for scarlettexashes
    scarlettexashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By scarlettexashes

This is something seriously tricky, specially for me, since Im rather obsessed with ALL three characters involved. Dick, is by far one of my favorite super hero characters of all times. Babs was my favorite Batgirl, and Kory my favorite Titan. In my readings, I was happy for Dick regardless of his relationship status with whatever girl; he was happy and in love and I was happy for him.   

With the relaunch of the DC universe, are we seriously limited to only two love interests for Dick? Is it set in stone that Babs or Kory are the top two contenders for his affections? I like to think that with this relaunch, its not only possible to rekindle things from the past, but to INTRODUCE new possibilities! Ranging from new bad guys, to yes!, even new love interests. Its clear with this relaunch the past has been changed, or bloody miracles are happening or that the balance of the universe and space have been shifted (whatever reason DC may decide to pull) Who's to say that the romantic pasts between Dick and Babs is still there? If Babs can have the function of her legs back, maybe the feelings of affection she had for Dick are no longer existent and replaced with something violent (I mean, she clearly dislikes Dick in that awesome cover that was provided) And maybe Starfire was never sold off as a slave, thus ending the events of her and Dick's meeting. And maybe, just maybe, a new kind of romantic candidate is presented. 

But in personal preference, Id like to see him with Kory.  (I'd also like to kindly point out that DC has made it clear that this relaunch is to bring in new readers and allow them to experience stories from the beginning without becoming too confused with decades of comic history. New readers, a new generation, are able to identify heroes/couples that they have been exposed to. For instance, the Teen Titans TV show had an obvious pairing of Robin and Starfire, and it was later revealed in the same series Robin would grow to be Nightwing. The new generation of readers that is being aimed for, is AWARE of that romantic interest and is most likely expecting it. Would it be wise for DC to go with the obvious romantic pairing that the new generation grown with?)

But also, the more practical-comic-devouring-side of me is screaming: Forget the freaking love interest! He doesn't need one! I WANNA SEE NIGHTWING, and NIGHTWING ONLY.  

As interesting as relationships are in the super hero lifestyle, I don't always find it necessary for our hero to have a love interest. If anything, a relationship can pose to be nothing BUT problems and become an annoyance while reading. Honestly, if I wanted a true blue romance, Id stroll over to my book shelf and dive into my guilty pleasures of Sherrilyn Kenyon.  But I also see the importance of relationships to the plot as well.  I just think, in my honest opinion, its TOO early for Dick to consider a romantic interest. It would be a bit of a buzz kill for me to start reading this awesomely new Nightwing series and then have a romantic escapade with Babs or Kory or anybody shoved down my throat. I believe Dick needs to be able to identify HIMSELF, before he can identify a possible romantic partner.  

I wrote an essay! And Im done. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e429ca5ed12b
    deactivated-5e429ca5ed12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@Nightstar1: Nightstar makes a very solid point, and has obviously set the stage for all the Dick-Kory lovers. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing any of them single or dating other people for a change. I think Kory is too good for Dick (even if he's oh-so-hot) , but yes, she is.  The whole Batgirl and Nightwing thing is just so, boring and cliche. Whats the point of making a reboot if  internal character relationships won't be changed up a bit?    

I resent the fact that that people think Batgirl and Nightwing were truly meant for each other and Starfire was like a phase, that's just stupid. It's actually the stupidest thing I have ever heard. You mean to tell me Dick's first official girlfriend and once future wife and future mother of his kid (Kingdom Come) is just a PHASE?   

Where is all this coming from?
    RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RScottH08

idk y, but i find them to be kinda like colossus and kitty in marvel, like theyre meant to be together but something always seems to mess it up 

i wasnt quite interested in the new nitwing comic, but all this talk is gettin me interested, do you all think its worth gettin
    BatBen9135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BatBen9135

@Nightstar1

You're right, I haven't read anything about Nightwing and Starfire's relationship, because nothing new has been written about it in almost 20 YEARS.  Please don't get offended because again, I LIKE Starfire, I like her character and I like the romance she had with Dick. It's very representative of a first love. But it was the first, and I'm sorry, but from what all I've read in comics since then Dick has moved on. Yes, there was that time in Titans when they hooked up, because they were under the power of a demon. 

Again, I don't want to come off as I hate Dick with Kory, because I don't, I just don't see her as the one he ends up with forever. Babs grounds Dick, she challenges him, and they have been a source of strength for each other. I know a lot of that history was retconned, but for me it wasn't retconned because I was growing up with it. 

So, it seems to me the problem here is that I obviously started reading comics in the downsing of Dick/Kory and the upswing of Dick/Babs, so for older readers this would make mad while it makes sense to newer readers. Such is the dilema in comics. 

Again though, please don't think I have pure hatred toward Dick/Kory. I think it was a good coupling that ran its course.

Nwing77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Nwing77
    @BatBen9135 said:

Don't feel you have to like Dick/Kory on anyone else's behalf, but I think it needs to be understood that its not the relationship running its course and the two moving on that sits egregiously with fans--its that Barbara Gordon's romance with Dick was WRITTEN ON TOP of his very serious, very canonical relationship with Kory.   It was a series of damaging retcons that began to marginalize Dick's years with the Titans, as well as treat Kory as if she was this 'promiscuous, other woman' in Dick's' life.   

It was wrong and felt far too sexist in its delivery since Babs is the good/golden girl of the DCU and visually accepted by Bruce and his universe, and they were juxtapositioning her girl-next-door image against a sexualized depiction of Kory. 

Honestly, I don't want Kory back with Dick, but I do feel DC got greedy and treated the idea of the Babs/Dick coupling as more important than the two's individual histories.  Barbara slowly got de-aged and Dick's own continuity got altered to suit a past romance that DID NOT happen.  The relationship literally became an editorial edict at the cost of treating Koriand'r like dirt.

I believe this is what is being referred to when posters comment that a return to this pairing would "only hold each other back".

Which is why my vote is for romances with new people.  I'm all for Dick/Powergirl or Dick/Kate Spencer(Manhunter) and Babs is more than welcome to explore the playing field.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#83  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Bertone said:
    More or less why I'm against them being together now that I think about it. Babs/Dick would be yet another example of DC's retrogressive storytelling. Babs & Dick is something fans want but current stories don't build towards. Dick's interaction with Babs in Snyder's Detective run show's that they care deeply for one another, but I only got a platonic vibe. 
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Mumbles

that's hot

Nightstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Nightstar1
    @BatBen9135:  

You're right, I haven't read anything about Nightwing and Starfire's relationship, because nothing new has been written about it in almost 20 YEARS.  Please don't get offended because again, I LIKE Starfire, I like her character and I like the romance she had with Dick. It's very representative of a first love. But it was the first, and I'm sorry, but from what all I've read in comics since then Dick has moved on. Yes, there was that time in Titans when they hooked up, because they were under the power of a demon. 

Okay, so the first part of your statement is incorrect. 20 years ago was 1991. They were still dating in 1991. They broke up in 1993, and even after that there was stuff written about Nightwing & Starfire. Unfortunately, non of it was an official breakup.  

They might not have been under the effects of a demon. That's what happens when you have feelings for people. 

Second, you say that He can't pine for Kory because she was his first love. Wait, I thought Babs was his first love. That was what the retconned romance was about. Babs was his first love, but he never told her, and then Kory kind of came in and insinuated herself in Dick's life and he couldn't pry himself away from her and be with Babs...for some reason.     Third, how do you judge and comment on a relationship you know nothing about (and it was clear by the way you described Kory's demeanor  and their relationship as "hooking up". as if she were some trollop or something that you had no idea what their relationship was about. 

Again, I don't want to come off as I hate Dick with Kory, because I don't, I just don't see her as the one he ends up with forever. Babs grounds Dick, she challenges him, and they have been a source of strength for each other. I know a lot of that history was retconned, but for me it wasn't retconned because I was growing up with it. 

Actuallly, Kory's relationship with Dick made him into a less angsty Batman-wannabe-a-hole into someone who was alive, likeable -etc. If you want to know what Kory did for Dick, you should read Dick Grayson's own (pre-retconned) statements about what effect Kory had on him. 

So, it seems to me the problem here is that I obviously started reading comics in the downsing of Dick/Kory and the upswing of Dick/Babs, so for older readers this would make mad while it makes sense to newer readers. Such is the dilema in comics. 

Again though, please don't think I have pure hatred toward Dick/Kory. I think it was a good coupling that ran its course. 

Here's a link I found on an aspect of Dick and Kory's relationship. 
      http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/1534333100/sexualhealing

Who knows. DC Rebooting, Retooling and Reconning is fickle and confusing. I'm going back to my New Teen Titans, when the stories were good and made sense.  
    Nightstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Nightstar1

And I have to post this. The reason that Babara and Dick hooked up after all of these years is that the Bat Editors (the ones who gave Dick Grayson up to Marv Wolfman and Geotge Perez because they didn't have any plans for him, nor a desire to see him grow as a character) decided that they suddenly wanted Dick Grayson back. The Titans 100th issue wedding of Dick and Kory, if not for the Bat Editors, was supposed to happen without a hitch, and Dick and Kory were supposed to be married and live happily ever after (or the superhero equivalent). It seems that Dick and Babs was the afterthought.  

Again, if DC want's Dick and Babs to really work, let us see a romance blossom, and not spring it on us and tell us they're in love. It worked for Dick and Kory, you know. 

Bertone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Bertone

Nothing new about Dick/Kory since they broke up?

Um there was lots of romantic tension in the late 90's TITANS series including "I love you" to both of them when Kory had to leave again.

When she returned to Earth years later he kept remembering them kissing.

She joined him at his parents graves in IDENTITY CRISIS

He slept with her in OUTSIDERS.

They almost kissed in INFINITE CRISIS..

They slept together in Winnicks series again...

I'm not saying these two are destined to be together but for crying out loud first you say they haven't been together since the 80's then you say OH well they haven't done anything SINCE they broke up.

Migz13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Migz13

When the story veers away from Bruce and centers itself on Dick, Tim and the rest of the Bat-kids... it suddenly becomes Gotham 90210:P

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Eyz

Dick sure loves him some readheads :P
    If they give him a new love interest, they know how to design this new character at least XD

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#90  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @daredevil21134 said:
    I hope not.She's not good enough for him
    Best post EVAR.
    Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

If it was written well, I gues I´d be OK with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9996f1456eb
    deactivated-5b9996f1456eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In case you guys didn't know (the writer of this article didn't): Scott Lobdell said at one of the DC panels at SDCC that Dick's and Kory's relationship has happened in the New 52. (someone else might have mentioned this but I didn't feel like reading all of the comments)

Nightstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Nightstar1
    @krazyman27:  
     I have read that however I have a sinking feeling that it will be written to retconned to the shallow, short term hookup/booty call that many Dick/Babs fans who have never read the book now unknowingly proclaim it was. 
    Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94  Edited By Neverpraying

Oh man the Drama in the star fire strip.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#95  Edited By SpidermanWins

They SHOULD. 
    Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Munsu

I can't see them in a relationship so soon after this relaunch. Maybe eventually, but not now. So I have to imagine that Nightwing is only showing up in Batgirl so soon just to establish where their current relationship stands in this DCnU, since Grayson's character and his relationship to Babs is such an important point in her own character's history.

summers_frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By summers_frost

Two of the things that I love are romance stories & the "Bat Family" & as much as I like Bruce, I don't think he will be settling down any time soon. Dick on the other hand is a diferent story. It could happen so I am a devotee to his journey through love to find the right girl. Is Barbara Gordon the right girl? Liking both of the characters, I wanted to explore the possibilty so I bought the Nightwing & BOP tpbs hoping for their happily-ever-after. After all, how cool would it be to have Dick end up with his childhood crush. By the time I reached the end of this arc, my excitement for a Dick & Barbara romance had died a slow & painful death. Not only did I not want them together, the experience had left me with a bad taste in my mouth about Barbara.  

Though I was disappointed the first time around, when I heard about their upcoming engagement during the 52 event I just had to read the comic, hoping everything would be fixed & I could have my happy "Bat couple". However, instead of my feelings about what kind of person Barbara became when she was in a romantic relationship with Dick changing, they were reinforced. Not only that, now I was also greatly disappointed with Dick & what he had done to Barbara. So my answer to this question is a big NO, I donotwant them together! That while I like these two characters seperately & as friends/co-workers, I don't like who they become when they are together in a romantic relationship.   

As for Dick & Kory, I too believe that Dick was not thinking of Barbara in a romantic way after starting a relationship with Kory & that he was in love with Kory during the NTT era. However no matter how much in love they were & how that relationship is an important part of their combined & individual pasts, I don't think that they can have a lasting future together anymore. I do believe that while Dick still loves Kory that he is not in love with her & has moved on. After saying this, I think he still has a deep connection/attraction to/for her & is likely to gravitate towards her if they are around each other for any amount of time like he did during the recent Titans series until he finds the right girl.  

My favorite option then is for someone new as his love interest to be explored. This doesn't mean I don't want to explore Dick's relationships with Barbara & Kory. The way I see it, there are open issues in both, at least for me, that need to be resolved before he can have a true & lasting relationship with someone new. The last time I saw Kory & Dick together was just after Kory told him she loved him & Dick confessed his feelings to her. I don't want her to be left pinning for Dick as he falls in love with another. This would be horrible for her. As for Dick & Barbara, I would like to see them deal with the issue of a romance between them with maturely & honestly, whether they get together or not. Only if this happens, resolving the issues I have with them as a couple, could I believe that they have a true chance at being together & marrying.  

Then again, Dick could always fall back in love with Kory...hmm...when I first started this I was firmly on the NO train for the both of them & wanting someone new but now...hmm...I want to explore all three. After all, I only want the best for Dick!!! :)

Nightstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Nightstar1
    @summers_frost:  

At this point, it really doesn't matter. Whatever history they have is replaced by this new canon, so who really cares if they get back together or if Babs and Dick are a couple or if they go a completely different way. Dick/Kory fans, up until now, have had their canon raped by the editors anyway. Who really cares what they do with it now. 
    summers_frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By summers_frost

@Nightstar1

I'm sorry, but I disagree with a couple of things that you wrote. I care about these characters and their past histories together, that they be treated with integrity and respect and as long as one person cares, it matters. To me these two women and their pasts together are equally important to who Dick is or will be and because of this I came to relize while writing my post that both of them still have the potential of being the best woman for him. Since I keep reading that the reboot won't affect the Bat Family so much, I think there is a good chance their pasts won't change in the new cannon and until we know for sure whether or not it does, the past should matter to the fans of these three. 

One of the worst things about reading/watching serials is that at some point characters/relationships are going to be, as you said "raped", it's just a truth we all have to face. As a matter of fact, when writers disrespect their audience's intelligence and the characters integrity by massacring a character's relationship with one person in order support another relationship that it is the worst insult that can be done to a fan of the original relationship. When I find this happens, I respond by letting the incident not matter to my reading/watching enjoyment. Since my feelings as a fan didn't seem to matter to them I will just disregard the event and pretend that it didn't happen until things are fixed and/or until the reboot/recon is rebooted/ reconned itself.

Hopefully if I'm wrong and you are right about their pasts being changed, it's done in a way to correct the errors that were made in the past and not add to.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any reason for this to happen...but then again I saw no reason for Barbara Gordon to walk again when she was one of the few comics characters that was a good representation of disabled people but that defiantly happened...complete with a cover with her cowering behind something...  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.