Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9486 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

No Grayson 3 reviews :'(

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i was hoping either Ign or comicvine(my to main sources for comicbook reviews) would rate the Grayson 3 comic b/c i felt it was a stellar issue in show casing Dick Grayson as character. Hopefully people are reading this book b/c it's really a fun ride with Dick Grayson being represented just as well as Kyle Higgins wrote him.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hushofthewind: I agree, I thought it was a really great issue. Last couple of pages made me sad, but got me hype at the same time.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@hushofthewind: Yeah it is disappointing, though in the case of IGN, they have a fixed number of DC/Marvel and Independent titles that they can review each week and with several launches coming this week, it wasn't surprising to see Grayson not make it, I mean they didn't even review Batman Eternal. Not sure if Comicvine has fixed number, so I do hope that it gets reviewed in the upcoming days but I'm not confident it will.

All of the reviews I've seen online have been positive, which is good.

But I did a review on here so technically there is a review on comic vine for Grayson 3, just not done by the staff ;)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

Tony, Mat and Corey will talk about it on the podcast. They should have read it and they talk about a fair few books and their thoughts on the podcast.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: thanks for the info, i didnt know about the podcast discussion on weekly books or at least books that were not reviewed.

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conciderating what Ign did with Grayson: Future's end, maybe it's a good thing

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: thanks for the info, i didnt know about the podcast discussion on weekly books or at least books that were not reviewed.

No worries, they tend to talk about the comics they've read on the first part of the Podcast. If they've read them.

@vitacura said:

Conciderating what Ign did with Grayson: Future's end, maybe it's a good thing

Oh yeah I read that review. People were quite upset with him to say the least. Say he missed the point of the issue.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Oh yeah I read that review. People were quite upset with him to say the least. Say he missed the point of the issue.

I know firsthand, because I was one of them.

Got up to 39, Tres Dean = my b(^*h
    Got up to 39, Tres Dean = my b(^*h

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hidan911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto

Hidan911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku vs madara

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Comicbookroundup is sort of the Metacritic of comic book reviews and Grayson #3 got an average of 9.1 Critic Rating and a 9.5 User Rating.

It was the 5th highest critically rated comic of all that was released that week (from all publishers), it was the highest of all DC comics and was the 2nd highest of all Marvel and DC comics (Moon Knight stomped).

Overall the Grayson series is ranked 5th for DC comic books trailing Tiny Titans, Batman, Wonder Woman and Injustice: Year Two, ironically it's lowest ranked issue was it's best issue Grayson: Futures End.

This series has really kicked it into high gear with this issue and the FE tie-in, both of whom Tom King wrote. I implore everyone to check it out, as I would never endorse a bad series, even if it had Dick Grayson in it.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman-news reviewed it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.