Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

nightwing's wings..

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G'bandit

Equipment

*Nightwing's costume has an excellent protection against damage, made Nomex fire-proof,triple-weaved material that has been lined with kevlar and is also insulated against electricity. His suit is made for his fighting style of "move more get hit less" and has less armor in his so he can do so, but can add armor when facing fast and strong foes.

*The suit is light sensitive, darkening when there is more light in the area.

*His mask includes a built-in radio transmitter/receiver and Starlite night-vision lenses.

*Each one of his gauntlets and boots contain eight compartments in which he can store items. They have built into them a self-destruct feature such as the ones in Batman's utility belt.

*Each gauntlet's sections contain a lot of equipment, such as sonic or smoke pellets, modified batarangs (Wing-Dings), knockout gas capsules, and throwable tracers. The right gauntlet also counts with a 100,000-volt stun gun.

*His boot compartments carry important equipment such as flares, a rebreather , a mini-computer equipped with fax, modem, GPS and a minidisk rewritable drive. Also items like lock picks, a first-aid kit, a mini-cellphone, flexi-cuffs, antitoxin assortment, signal flares, wireless listening devices and a small halogen flashlight.

*Nightwing carries in the back of his costume a pair of Escrima sticks.

*Richard also has a specialized muscle car called the "Nightbird" which is built with many parts like those on the Batmobile, such as bulletproof armor and wireless network connections.

*Nightwing's parents also left him a trust fund which was turned into a small fortune Lucius Fox. Nightwing has used it for "maintaining his Nightwing equipment; for purchasing the rights to Haly's Circus, saving Dick's former home from financial troubles; and for secretly buying the apartment building at 1013 Parkthorne Avenue at Blüdhaven which was the home of the first Tarantula.

so the gliding is extra??? i dont see a techno antigravity thingie to glide... anyone knows if he has something else or is it simply comic magic? lol :p

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

you talking about this'?

caption
    caption

caption
    caption

caption
    caption

caption
    caption

Dymndshaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was just at the local comic store asking this. Aparenty he designed his second Nightwing costume after spending time with flying monks in Tibet.

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dymndshaft: Which second costume? The blue and yellow one he got during New Teen Titans v2? Also known as Mulletwing? Because if so, that isn't true

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just at the local comic store asking this. Aparenty he designed his second Nightwing costume after spending time with flying monks in Tibet.

That didn't happend in main continuity. Thats from "Batman Adventures - The Lost Years", and that is a comic series belongs to the continuity of Batman the Animated series. In the normal Comics Dick never had this glider wings he had in the series.

No Caption Provided

Dymndshaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was in the store I was trying to find the comic I saw years ago. The owner of the store remembered the same one. It showed in a flashback his travels after Joe Wilson died. Also his second Nightwing costume did have glider wings. He put it back on when he teamed up with Superboy.

Dymndshaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwingism: lol. Never heard it called mulletwing. Where have you read he got the design from?

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you mean this costume?

No Caption Provided

But I think this was designed by Mirage and not by Dick.

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nightwingism: lol. Never heard it called mulletwing. Where have you read he got the design from?

@aahz said:

Do you mean this costume?

No Caption Provided

But I think this was designed by Mirage and not by Dick.

Exactly what aah said, he didn't really design this costume at all. Mirage (who was impersonating as Starfire) decided "it was time for a new look" and she cut his hair and did all this and bam. This costume was born

His blue finger stripes one, the one everyone associates with Nightwing, was designed by Harold I believe in the Nightwing 4 issue miniseries

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.