Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Nightwing vs Lady Shiva new 52

• 76 results
    Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Stronger

Still anyone with scans?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By BatWatch

Kind of difficult to provide scans when the fight has not happened yet. Ask again Wednesday.

Well, I guess somebody could do scans of the zero issue. @entropy_aegis said:

Higgins is'nt even behind this,new Shiva looks stupid.Seriously bladed hair? WTF.

I actually like the blade hair. It is a clever idea and something used, in a fashion, by real female warriors. When you think about it, long hair is just a giant handle for bad guys to grab so they can use your head as a punching balloon. In the real world, (I think. I cannot remember where I am getting this info. I pick up things and forget where they come from, but I'm pretty sure this one came from real life) warrior women have weaved razor blades into their hair. It is isolated from their head so it will not cut them, but if somebody tries to get a handfull of their hair, they will regret it.

Obviously, Shiva's design takes this much further, and I do not like her twisting around and using her hair as a weapon, but I do think it is cool as a defensive precaution. Somebody grabs her hair, and they are likely to lose a finger.

Now the rest of her costume sucks.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BatWatch

Okay, this is the full and only battle between Grayson and Lady Shiva. He has not yet faced her as Nightwing.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'm doing this favor for you, and I ask that you do one for me. I am about to launch my blog focused on the Bat Clan called BatWatch. I'll put up an article this Monday called "Nightwing's Ten Greatest Villains." I would like you to check it out, check out the rest of BatWatch, and if you like it, add me on twitter and facebook, and pass it on. I believe it is something that almost all Bat Fans will enjoy. Speaking of enjoy, enjoy this fight scene. By the way, I put these in here in the right order. ComicVine mixed them up.

No Caption Provided
    Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Stronger

@BatWatch: Thank you!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Its out, it happened, and.......it was perfect. So far the New 52 Lady Shiva is everything I could have asked for. I even like the costume, but it was her dialog more then anything in this issue/fight that I truly appreciated.

Theres a nice little hint in issue 14 that suggests Nightwing and Shiva are NOT the same age, which in turns opens up the possibility of her still having a child/Cass Cain.
    BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BatWatch

@Stronger said:

@BatWatch: Thank you!

No problem. Have you had a chance to check out BatWatch?

Also, any good Nightwing fan would kick themselves if they missed the beginning of the Nightwing's Top Ten Villains list.

@Gambler said:

Its out, it happened, and.......it was perfect. So far the New 52 Lady Shiva is everything I could have asked for. I even like the costume, but it was her dialog more then anything in this issue/fight that I truly appreciated.

Theres a nice little hint in issue 14 that suggests Nightwing and Shiva are NOT the same age, which in turns opens up the possibility of her still having a child/Cass Cain.

What hint are you meaning? I must have missed it?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Stronger

@BatWatch: Yes, I did! It's pretty cool.... I liked your page on fb and your website.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BatWatch

@Gambler said:

@BatWatch:

No Caption Provided

Looks like this implies she is not the same age, and that her appearance as such is merely a deception.

Ah, thanks. Good catch.

@Stronger said:

@BatWatch: Yes, I did! It's pretty cool.... I liked your page on fb and your website.

Glad to hear it.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Skewer

@Crom-Cruach said:

hate shiva's new look, it just terrible

If you think that's bad, you should checkout her motive, money. She's now a generic hitman(or woman in her case)

_Marianne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By _Marianne_

@Skewer said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

If you think that's bad, you should checkout her motive, money. She's now a generic hitman(or woman in her case)

She was an assassin for hire prior to New 52. Its not a change.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BatWatch

@Skewer said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

Yeah, that annoyed me too.

@The_Paper_Monkey said:

@Skewer said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

She was an assassin for hire prior to New 52. Its not a change.

Occasionally she took a contract for money, but her original and personal interest was always in improving her fighting ability and getting a rush from battle. I suppose that could still be intact in the DCNU, but they did not give any hint towards it.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@BatWatch said:

Occasionally she took a contract for money, but her original and personal interest was always in improving her fighting ability and getting a rush from battle. I suppose that could still be intact in the DCNU, but they did not give any hint towards it.

That kind of developed later and fluctuated between issues. But theres always been a split/divide between her searching out martial arts competitors and taking contracts for money. I think they even play on that in the last issue where she takes the job for Penguin and gets paid but also engages Robin for personal interests. I just write it off as her excepting contracts to help fund her expeditions as she seeks out martial arts techniques.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By fodigg

I didn't like how she fought in this issue. She was never about weapons before, now she's about weapons to the max. Lady Shiva should BE the only weapon she ever needs.

looper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By looper

Lady Shiva.

Could she be the arch-nemesis of Nightwing?

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LuigiBat

@fodigg said:

I didn't like how she fought in this issue. She was never about weapons before, now she's about weapons to the max. Lady Shiva should BE the only weapon she ever needs.

This.

For all the buildup about the battle between Nightwing and Shiva I have to say I was thoroughly disappointed. Shiva runs around saying "bitch I'm better than you" for most of the fight whilst I'm sat there thinking "Of course you're beating him, you're using loads of weapons in conjunction with your natural skills". I want to see the two of them fight without any weapons being involved, with the gear Shiva was packing in the last issue Dick had no choice but to go on the back-foot, else he would've been killed or seriously injured. I get the feeling that if you made both of them fight hand to hand with no weapons or gadgets it'd be more even than most people think.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BatWatch

@Gambler said:

@BatWatch said:

That kind of developed later and fluctuated between issues. But theres always been a split/divide between her searching out martial arts competitors and taking contracts for money. I think they even play on that in the last issue where she takes the job for Penguin and gets paid but also engages Robin for personal interests. I just write it off as her excepting contracts to help fund her expeditions as she seeks out martial arts techniques.

I suppose that is fair.

My basic understanding of the character is that she originally got into fighting as an adrenaline addict during her Richard Dragon days, and then after she left him, she began to take on assassinations and personal challenges, but unless my information is incorrect, I always found her original and primary motivation to be the love of battle.

Also, this is another thought I just had, but has she ever sneak attack killed people before. Sure, she assassinates people, but I thought she always fought them.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@BatWatch said:

I suppose that is fair.

My basic understanding of the character is that she originally got into fighting as an adrenaline addict during her Richard Dragon days, and then after she left him, she began to take on assassinations and personal challenges, but unless my information is incorrect, I always found her original and primary motivation to be the love of battle.

Also, this is another thought I just had, but has she ever sneak attack killed people before. Sure, she assassinates people, but I thought she always fought them.

Thats the non-canon/retconed Shiva from that god awful Richard Dragon mini. Pre-New 52 Shiva was an assassin before anything else. David Cain murdered her sister knowing that in doing so it was unlock her true potential. Long story short a deal was made, she joined the League of Assassins and later gave him a daughter (Cassandra Cain). An hour later she quit the League and set out to become Lady Shiva (she was previously Sandra Woosan). This is when she made fighting top tier martial artists her hobby (but she never stopped hiring herself out as an assassin/gun for hire so to speak). But she wont kill a fighter/martial artist unless they're good enough. Its an honor to be killed by Lady Shiva in the martial arts World. Scrubs and contracts she'll kill no prob, but martial artists only meet their end if they give her a good enough fight. Not really relevant just something I think is badass lol

Like a Ninja stealth kill? I dont believe I've ever seen one on panel anyways. But she doesnt always fight the people she's hired to kill. Heres one example:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By darktiger

dick has a hand to hand upgrade in the new 52 or what how is he fighting lady shiva

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the fight personally and would not mind if she tangled with him more in the future.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By SUNMAN

these two should date. It would be a big improvement over Reya, Tanya and Barbara. Also we'd get to see more Shiva and potentially baby Cass

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

so how did Dick win?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@sunman said:

so how did Dick win?

He didn't. Shiva kicked his ass until she noticed he had a pre-existing rib injury, so she left because he wasn't able to fight at his best.

ShadowJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@stronger: May you die in a fire with your guts ripped out

Bats_Colony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit my name is Shiva. It's a guy's name!!!

Dieselh11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I give the youth to Nightwing I think Shiva has the edge in skill. Shiva also might be a hair or two quicker then Nightwing. Nightwing is slightly stronger. It would be a very long fight but due to the skill level of Shiva I give her the win.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.