@Crom-Cruach said:

hate shiva's new look, it just terrible

I like it

#6 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

I like it

I thought it was stupid until I saw someone compare it to The Shredder and now I like it despite myself.

I'm most curious about how they're going to handle things since Shiva is basically being recast as a Nightwing villain. She's now supposedly his contemporary in age and they have a shared past. Cassandra Cain, daughter of Lady Shiva and Nightwing anyone?

#7 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: I hate Cassandra

#8 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@fodigg: I hate Cassandra

Sorry to hear that.

#9 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84682 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

Anybody with scans?

Issues not out yet. Wont be until Oct.17 :(

#10 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can anybody post when they go out?

#11 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84682 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger: You mean post scans the day it comes out? You better believe I will lol

#12 Posted by Haaydrian (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Stronger said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

I like it

I thought it was stupid until I saw someone compare it to The Shredder and now I like it despite myself.

I'm most curious about how they're going to handle things since Shiva is basically being recast as a Nightwing villain. She's now supposedly his contemporary in age and they have a shared past. Cassandra Cain, daughter of Lady Shiva and Nightwing anyone?

I love you.

#13 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@Stronger: You mean post scans the day it comes out? You better believe I will lol

#14 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Stronger said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

I like it

I always did feel that Nightwing and Shiva would have great chemistry, and make a great pairing much like Talia and Bruce.

#15 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Krissyjump said:

@fodigg said:

@Stronger said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

I like it

I always did feel that Nightwing and Shiva would have great chemistry, and make a great pairing much like Talia and Bruce.

They could have some time together.!

#16 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Stronger said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

I like it

Hmm, maybe. It'd definitely be something new and interesting to see.

#17 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Even her hair is a weapon, Nightwing's gonna die.

#18 Posted by Squalleon (4567 posts) - - Show Bio

Shiva is the greatest martial artist,Nightwing is gonna cheat if he want to win.

#19 Posted by timelord786 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon:

he is Batman's son. That is what he has been taught to do when the odds are against him.

And does this possibly mean that she is not the best fighter in DC anymore as i doubt that someone the same age as Dick could out class the Bats.

#20 Posted by Squalleon (4567 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord786: She still is,at least that's what dc says.The difference is that Shiva only knows martial arts,she is not a tactical genius like bats or dick and she is not playing dirty.

#21 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Shiva being Dicks catwoman I can dig with this

#22 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Saucedo17 said:

This could quite possibly be the greatest thing to spin out of the new 52 if it happens

#23 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@Saucedo17 said:

This could quite possibly be the greatest thing to spin out of the new 52 if it happens

That would be the greatest development to Nightwing's romantic life since gallivanting the panels under Starfire's red mane of passion for a decade. Yes.

What source claims Shiva and Dick to be the same age? She's probably at least five years older than him, unless she's prodigy like Cassandra.

#24 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler: WHEN Nightwing beats Shiva I will take a photo of you rampaging....Just for LOL's
#25 Posted by BatWatch (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of blades in Shanda's hair (think I got her name right), but her hair should not be that long, and the rest of the costume is just kind of meh.

#26 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of Nightwing's romantic relationship entertainment value. Nightwing and Lady Shiva > Nightwing and Starfire > Nightwing and Batgirl.

Could Nightwing and Lady Shiva > Batman and Catwoman?

#27 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I really want Lady Shiva in Injustice Gods Among us.

#28 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwingdg said:

In terms of Nightwing's romantic relationship entertainment value. Nightwing and Lady Shiva > Nightwing and Starfire > Nightwing and Batgirl.

Nightwing and this new younger Lady Shiva can be a hell of a lot more entertaining than Batman and Catwoman. Bruce and Selina is only occasionally amusing (imo) when Bruce seems to be utterly clueless as to how to maintain his focus on his mission whilst keeping a relationship with Selina. Dick and Shiva would have far more banter between the two of them and we know Dick wouldn't shy away from holding down his commitments as Nightwing and maintaining a relationship.

#29 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwingdg said:

Nightwing and this new younger Lady Shiva can be a hell of a lot more entertaining than Batman and Catwoman. Bruce and Selina is only occasionally amusing (imo) when Bruce seems to be utterly clueless as to how to maintain his focus on his mission whilst keeping a relationship with Selina. Dick and Shiva would have far more banter between the two of them and we know Dick wouldn't shy away from holding down his commitments as Nightwing and maintaining a relationship.

#30 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@LuigiBat: I agree 100%

Dear DC Comics,

Don't screw this up!

#31 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks that Dick and Shiva would never work? Mostly due their incredibly different moral standards. Batman and Catwoman is one thing... she's a criminal, sure, but a low criminal, she's just a thief. Dick is very much against killing, while Shiva, by definition, kills for a living as an assassin. I can't really ever see Dick looking past that in any kind of relationship...

#32 Edited by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Dick and Shiva would never work? Mostly due their incredibly different moral standards. Batman and Catwoman is one thing... she's a criminal, sure, but a low criminal, she's just a thief. Dick is very much against killing, while Shiva, by definition, kills for a living as an assassin. I can't really ever see Dick looking past that in any kind of relationship...

*sigh*

THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT! Batman and Talia don't exactly see eye to eye either, but it sure makes a damn good read. Opposites attract.

#33 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwingdg: I really don't feel that that sarcastic sigh was needed, but whatever.

My point is that Dick is even more of a boyscout when it comes to killing than Batman is, at least from what I can remember. There was the whole thing when he "allowed" Blockbuster to be killed, and that practically shattered his pscyhe, and then I recall him thinking he killed the Joker once, and that sent him into depression. Granted, this is purely from my offhand memory so I don't know how accurate those recollections are, but there's no way I see him allowing himself to have a relationship with someone who kills all the time as part of her profession.

#34 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84682 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

They better not ship those two. Fingers crossed. Shiva is out of Nightwings league (in every aspect lol). Let him go back Babs or Starfire, you know, something he can handle :)

#35 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Lmaooooooo

#36 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: If he can handle a Redhead Tamarian Warrior, I think he can handle Lady Shiva. Lady Shiva can teach him a few things about Kung Fu, while he teaches her a few things about....

#37 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84682 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwingdg: Shiva'd kill Starfire and Nightwing without a problem :P

#38 Posted by Nightwing4 (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely potential for some good writing here.

As much as I want Dick to one day be the best H2H combatant in the DCU.... Shiva would take a fair fight

HOWEVER- The Bat-factor still applies since Dick was Batman.

WHICH MEANS- That Dick could win this just as easily as Shiva.

Fair fights are for ninnies.

#39 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

A fight between Dick and Shiva should go down very differently than a fight between Bruce and Shiva, if for nothing else than the fact that at their core Dick and Bruce are different types of fighters. That's the kind of thing I like to see incorporated. In terms of a relationship....Shiva's a serious threat. So I wouldn't want it to be exactly like Catwoman, but more similar to Bruce's relationship with Talia, in that she'll put Dick's life at risk and and try to actively kill him and everything.

#40 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I just know I'm going to hate these issues. Unless Shiva one shots him. Then am good. Anything else, not going to be happy.

#41 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

I just know I'm going to hate these issues. Unless Shiva one shots him. Then am good. Anything else, not going to be happy.

?

#42 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

A fight between Dick and Shiva should go down very differently than a fight between Bruce and Shiva, if for nothing else than the fact that at their core Dick and Bruce are different types of fighters. That's the kind of thing I like to see incorporated. In terms of a relationship....Shiva's a serious threat. So I wouldn't want it to be exactly like Catwoman, but more similar to Bruce's relationship with Talia, in that she'll put Dick's life at risk and and try to actively kill him and everything.

why buy it if your goin to hate it?

#43 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilcraig92 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

why buy it if your goin to hate it?

You quoted the wrong person dude.

#44 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you guys read the NW#13 Preview? Because i'm starting to think that Sonia Branch is lady shiva.Maybe i'm just crazy,but it seems like she had something to hide,and she was a daughter of a (Maybe low level) Mobster.

#45 Edited by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84682 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperJedi17: Maaaaan, you may be on to something. Hope you're wrong, but I checked the preview and it kinda seems as though it could, but I'mma bout to change the game on ya. I dont think Lady Shiva is Sandra Woosan, I think New 52 Lady Shiva is her sister, Carolyn Woosan. Its been awhile since I read the original Richard Dragon series but I'm 80% sure Carolyn's father was mobbed up (of course that means Sandra's was to...). But they retconned alot of stuff before New 52 with Carolyn, like the fact that Pre-Crisis she was killed by the Swiss in a kidnapping gone wrong, but that was changed in Batgirl. Now David Cain murdered her to unlock her sisters full potential. Sandra Woosan didnt become Lady Shiva until after David Cain killed her sister and she gave birth to Cassandra Cain. That was the most recent history leading up to New 52. So, I'm thinking New 52 Shiva is actually Carolyn Woosan and she's gonna get killed accidentally by Nightwing. Sandra Woosan will then make her appearance as......The White Canary seeking revenge ;)

#46 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperJedi17 said:

Have you guys read the NW#13 Preview? Because i'm starting to think that Sonia Branch is lady shiva.Maybe i'm just crazy,but it seems like she had something to hide,and she was a daughter of a (Maybe low level) Mobster.

If there's one thing comic books have taught me in recent years its that anything is possible. Would kinda be a waste and a bit of a let-down if Sonia Branch was Lady Shiva though, for some reason I just don't like the idea. On the one hand I could see the motive for it, daughter of a Mobster who wants to prove she isn't of the same nature as him so she becomes an assassin killing other criminals as opposed to a vigilante. But equally its just a kinda lame reversal of what is so often the origin for most vigilantes, i.e. Parent(s) died, wants revenge/justice/etc so takes up a secret identity to do so.

#47 Edited by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@LuigiBat said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

If there's one thing comic books have taught me in recent years its that anything is possible. Would kinda be a waste and a bit of a let-down if Sonia Branch was Lady Shiva though, for some reason I just don't like the idea. On the one hand I could see the motive for it, daughter of a Mobster who wants to prove she isn't of the same nature as him so she becomes an assassin killing other criminals as opposed to a vigilante. But equally its just a kinda lame reversal of what is so often the origin for most vigilantes, i.e. Parent(s) died, wants revenge/justice/etc so takes up a secret identity to do so.

I'm not saying it's ideal.I'm just saying that it's likely,same age,around the same bodysize,and like i said before she seemed to be hiding something.It was unresoleved in issue #13. and , Sorry dude i just started reading comics in the new 52(Think of myself as a Newb 52) so all your speculation is pretty lost on me.

#48 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84682 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonia Branch is not Shiva. Her assistant however......

#49 Posted by daviddavid7 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is awesome, but I'm not sure that he stands that much of a chance against Lady Shiva. She's one of the top three martial artists in DC Comics.

#50 Posted by entropy_aegis (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

Higgins is'nt even behind this,new Shiva looks stupid.Seriously bladed hair? WTF.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.