Nightwing to be Fourth Playable 'Batman: Arkham City' Character [Updated]

• 163 results
Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio
Relax, this image is from 'DC Universe Online'

Kyle Higgins, writer of the current Nightwing series, tweeted this not too long ago, "Nightwing playable in Arkham City? HELL YES." He included a link to GameRant.com with some details. We already know that besides Batman, the game will have Robin and Catwoman as playable characters (playing as Tim Drake requires a special pre-order, at least for now). Rocksteady Studios had let it slip that there would be a fourth playable character as well.

Over at PS3Trophies.org, some achievements were posted detailing which belong to Batman, Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing. The two with Nightwing are titled "Nightwing Revenge" and "Campaign Nightwing." It doesn't look as if Nightwing would be featured in Arkham City's campaign but there's always the chance for episodic DLC.

Nightwing would also require a separate set of moves as his fighting style with batons and acrobatics is different than Batman's. The game will be released on the major platforms October 18. Who isn't excited for this?

Update

Some screenshots have turned up apparently from the alpha stage (without additional graphics processing). Is this what you would expect Nightwing to look like in Arkham City?

== TEASER ==

The images come from ArkhamCity.co.uk via CBM.

Staff
#1 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I can get behind this.

#2 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds pretty fair to me!

Hope he gets alternate skins like the other so we will be able to play either classic nightwing or red-colored DCnU Nightwing :P

#3 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyz: Speaking of alt costumes I kinda want all of the Batman ones. I bet that won't be cheap.

#4 Posted by Duncan (11326 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. I was hoping for Ace the Bathound.

#5 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

we'll see !

#6 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

this is going to be epic. i hope that they include the new 52 batman outfit, but then, the arkham asylum batsuit looked a lot like the new 52 batman

#7 Edited by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Since NightWing is one of my top 10 favorite heroes I'd love to see him on Arkham City.

And oh a Gotham Sirens achievement awesome! I personally like the series so an achievement based off it is cool.

#8 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not excited. I'm super excited!!!!

#9 Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly dreamt Friday night that Commissioner Gordon was a playable character. While it would be cool, it'd be you trying to do detective work without the hand-to-hand fighting skills.

Staff
#10 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: well now that would be a fabulous thing! thanks for sharing that Tony!

#11 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

When you play as these alternate characters, do they fight the same as Bruce? Or do they get their own moves?

#12 Posted by Croi (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Just changed my Pre-Order from Gamestop to Game because we get Robin, but I bet Gamestop will get Nightwing... just watch >:|

#13 Posted by Golden Cod (378 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duncan said:

Damn. I was hoping for Ace the Bathound.

Ace actually would have been awesome.

#14 Posted by rmanthorp (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say as a person who is following Arkham City really closely I don't think this is credible. :< Suck though. I want that!

#15 Edited by NightFang (9644 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by bookerman20 (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Let this happen!!!!

#17 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he isn't story-related, just a challenge mode character.

#18 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

This comes as no surprise honestly. If they're having Tim Drake they can't not have Nightwing in a game that's tailor made for fans. Honestly though, I was secretly wishing Hush would be playable. A guy can dream...

#19 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be only fair to have Nightwing be a playable character in the upcoming game. Seriously. With all the teases and tidbits we have been given though its something that needs to come out already. Lets seriously stop being teased and get to playing already, I say! :)

#20 Posted by Dedpool (252 posts) - - Show Bio

YES, and YES again! I hope we see a pic soon, cause I'd love to see what they've done with him. Love Robin's, Catwoman's and of course Batman's look.

#21 Posted by msavo (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hector said:

I hope he isn't story-related, just a challenge mode character.

Me too.

#22 Posted by punisher131313 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

I honestly dreamt Friday night that Commissioner Gordon was a playable character. While it would be cool, it'd be you trying to do detective work without the hand-to-hand fighting skills.

Only if Gordon is cast as Bruce Willis!

#23 Posted by HuntingHumans (1 posts) - - Show Bio

while im happy with nightwing, robin and catwoman i was kinda hoping wed get to play as jasons red hood. But meh i guess il have to wait for a decent anti hero game

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

*____*

#25 Posted by StarKiller809 (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this game and I haven't even played it. 

Arkham Asylum was the bomb! I loved it and I'm still playing it. However, this game seems that it's gonna have a whole bunch of extra things today.

Can't wait for the game.

#26 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

DcNu skin please! :D
#27 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

:D YES!

@G-Man said:

Like in LA Noir? I like it.

#28 Posted by Aeroman (483 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet we get to play as nightwing

#29 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

*____*

Summing up the reactions of everyone ever.

#30 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gettin' out of hand...

#31 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

PS3trophies is a very reliable site.

#32 Posted by kennybaese (1003 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is if this happened, it'd only be a couple challenge rooms. Given how much the challenge rooms interested me in the first game...

However, if you can just run around Arkham City punching dudes, Nightwing could be a blast.

#33 Posted by RiscazZ (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I realy can't wait for this now!

I'd realy like to see a Bat female also, that'd be extremely awesome!

#34 Edited by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! I'm still sad that Robin is pre-order exclusive, because living in Europe and all we don't really have the stores that offer the exclusives. But whatever, yay Nightwing! Can't wait to see what he looks like because Robin's new design looks siick

#35 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff :D

#36 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

*SCREAMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!*
*Fist bump* 
*Happy Dance* 
*SCREAMS SOME MORE!* 
=)
#37 Posted by snakedr321 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

spin off game for Nightwing? I can always dream

#38 Posted by CrazyAsAFox (298 posts) - - Show Bio

And I was hoping it would be Jason

#39 Posted by horshbox (69 posts) - - Show Bio

if its from real and you actually get story missons as Nightwing then I'll be getting that DLC on day one!

#40 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio
@DomDom said:
*SCREAMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!* *Fist bump* *Happy Dance* *SCREAMS SOME MORE!* =)
I did the same thing
#41 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

This game gets more and more awesome!

#42 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

AND THE MOUNTAINS WILL ROAR WITH AWESOMENESS, THE SKYS WILL BURN WITH WIN, THE EARTH WILL CRUMBLE UNDER THE SHEER WEIGHT OF THIS GAME'S GREATNESS. FOR THE WOMEN WILL SCREAM IN JOY AND THE MEN WILL ROAR IN SAVAGE DELIGHT AT THE MERE MENTION OF HIS NAME. FOR HE IS CALLED NIGHTWING AND HE IS ALL UP IN OUR ARKHAM CITY.

#43 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

also......if he's a PS3 exclusive.........there WILL be BLOOD

#44 Posted by Lvenger (16017 posts) - - Show Bio

*Fistpumps into the air* HELL YEAH! THIS MAY BE THE BEST DAMN GAME OF ALL TIME! Oh going over the top a bit lol.

#45 Posted by stu (375 posts) - - Show Bio

sweeeeeet!

#46 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you say fingerstripes!?

#47 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Then we can get Nightwing: The Game?! Let's hope so. :)

#48 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I doubt it, I really hope you can use these characters on more than just one or two challenges...

Two more weeks! and Batman Year One! YES!

#49 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8754 posts) - - Show Bio

That is going to be awesome to play Nightwing also. I think if there was going to be another playable character in the game it should be Spoiler or Damian Wayne. That would be cool. Can't wait for this game to come out

#50 Posted by ThexX (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing playable awesome but. I want to see Jason Todd (The Red Hood) as a playable character

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.