NIGHTWING: The Movie

• 76 results
Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

With THE DARK KNIGHT RISES being the last film in the Batman franchise for who knows how long, there are rumors going around that there should be new movies based on other characters in the Bat-Universe. A blog from The Nerdy Bird showed her take for a BIRDS OF PREY movie. With Laura Prepon as Oracle, Diane Kruger as Black Canary, Charlize Theron as Lady Blackhawk, and Nikki Reed as Huntress. I agree with her on her choices, for the most part anyway. My idea is for a NIGHTWING movie set in Bludhaven. C'mon, it's not that far-fetched when you really think about it. He has the skills to carry his own as a hero. He has a presence that can work in a movie. He has his own rogue gallery that could fit into a movie. I think this can work. He has his own set of fans that would keep the buzz going. And if you make the trailer just right, you can ride off the coattails of the Batman trilogy.

Milo Ventimiglia as Dick Grayson / Nightwing
Personally, he is my favorite actor. He is no stranger to the superhero world, being the main character, arguably, on HEROES. His character, Peter Petrelli, was my favorite character in the whole series. His abilities were much like Rogue from the X-Men but the powers stayed within him constantly until his father stole all his powers and he had to inject himself with a formula to gain new powers. From then on, he could only absorb one power at a time. I think he has the chops to be Nightwing. And I don't seem to be the only one who thinks so. There are photoshopped images online of him in the Nightwing suit.

I'm sure he can pull off the long hair. And I'm sure he can pull off the built body. And I know he can look good in a Dick Grayson style business suit. And he can do the cop thing too.

Michael Clark Duncan as Roland Desmond / Blockbuster
I know he played the Kingpin in the Daredevil movie and this would be similar but, c'mon, its similar enough to work. You just give him the enlarged head and longish hair or something and it could work just fine. He'd be the big crime boss of Bludhaven.

John Malkovich as Dudley Soames / Torque
You can either make him the dirty cop who becomes Torque in a sequel or you can make him change halfway through the movie like the Two-Face of the movie. Either way, I think it can happen.

Ian Ziering as Shrike
Tell me you don't think this could work? He has voiced Harry Osborn on MTV's version of the Spider-Man animated series.

As for love interests, you could keep Laura Prepon as Oracle or you can bring in one of his other girlfriends like Bridget Clancy. Or you can make up a new one like Rachel Dawes was. What do you guys think?

-- Jessie S. Galindo (TheMess1428) Aspiring comics writer, novelist, and all-around comic book fan. -- Follow me on Twitter: @MrMessyFace
#1 Posted by ShodukoClan (16 posts) - - Show Bio

They are interesting choices!  I like them!

Long live the clan!

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35156 posts) - - Show Bio

I genuinely believe they should make a movie about Azrael . They should introduce him in the third film as one of the batmen copy cats, ex-marine and current Gotham PD officer and in his spin-off it should show him being recruited and trained by  Order of Purity.

#3 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87: I like that idea. All three movies could be a possibility.
#4 Posted by spaceboy (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer Jared Leto as Nightwing.

#5 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@spaceboy said:
He's too emo to be Nightwing. Dick Grayson is not dark like Bruce Wayne. It would never work.
#6 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather see Mark Wahlberg as Dick Grayson...he seems to fit the role better.

#7 Posted by spaceboy (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428 said:
@spaceboy said:
He's too emo to be Nightwing. Dick Grayson is not dark like Bruce Wayne. It would never work.
You haven't seen much of Leto, huh? He isn't just some  pretty boy atleast not more than Milo. Or Grayson for that matter. 
Leto can act. Plus he has the right hair colour, eye colour and height. 
#8 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of those would be good. I'd also love to see a Cassandra Cain Batgirl movie.

#9 Posted by spaceboy (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
Any of those would be good. I'd also love to see a Cassandra Cain Batgirl movie.
That would be really cool.
#10 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@spaceboy said:
@TheMess1428 said:
@spaceboy said:
You haven't seen much of Leto, huh? He isn't just some  pretty boy atleast not more than Milo. Or Grayson for that matter.  Leto can act. Plus he has the right hair colour, eye colour and height. 
The hair and eye color really matter to you? Hugh Jackman is incredibly tall and Wolverine is short but that doesn't mean he doesn't do a good job. And no, I've never seen anything Jared Leto has been in. Just heard of him from his fangirls and I googled him when he was suggested.
#11 Edited by spaceboy (200 posts) - - Show Bio

If looks don't matter to you why did you pick Ventimiglia?

#12 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@spaceboy said:
First of all, because he's my favorite actor. Second, I think he can pull it off. And third, the looks defense was for all the other fans who think looks matter.
#13 Edited by spaceboy (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428 said:

@spaceboy said:

First of all, because he's my favorite actor. Second, I think he can pull it off. And third, the looks defense was for all the other fans who think looks matter.
So you are dissing Leto, despite not having seen him act , just because you like Ventimiglia better?
#14 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@spaceboy said:
@TheMess1428 said:

@spaceboy said:

So you are dissing Leto, despite not having seen him act , just because you like Ventimiglia better?
Not really dissing him. I'm just going by the only stuff I've seen and I have seen a lot from Ventimiglia and I just prefer him.
#15 Posted by Knight Train (112 posts) - - Show Bio

He isn't a big enough name, it would never make it into production over bigger yet still not well known brands like Flash, Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman. And even if it were gonna go ahead it would need a big named star who would bring a big box office draw, Ventimiglia wouldn't work i don't think.

#16 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Your casting would be pretty good

#17 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@Knight Train said:
He isn't a big enough name, it would never make it into production over bigger yet still not well known brands like Flash, Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman. And even if it were gonna go ahead it would need a big named star who would bring a big box office draw, Ventimiglia wouldn't work i don't think.
Well what if they called them THE DARK KNIGHT PRESENTS: NIGHTWING, THE DARK KNIGHT PRESENTS: AZRAEL, and THE DARK KNIGHT PRESENTS: THE BIRDS OF PREY. That way they know they're in the world of the Dark Knight movies.
#18 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice choice on Desmond.

#19 Posted by gibson (45 posts) - - Show Bio

A fan project from years ago. Guy made a Dick Grayson trailer

#20 Posted by LordTaronji101 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it...good choices

#21 Posted by Samimista (21050 posts) - - Show Bio

@gibson said:

That's actually a very good trailer especially for a fan-made one.

#22 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@gibson said:

That's actually a very good trailer especially for a fan-made one.

That was a real movie. Just low budget and made by fans. Not just a trailer.

#23 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

Taylor Lautner would make the perfect Dick Grayson. Would you just look @ that hair? Sharkboy FTW!

Kidding. Reboot means a new direction for the movie right? So how about...

JGL as Dick Grayson

The man looks great in a suit. Tall, dark and handsome. He's got a magnetic aura about him. Chicks dig him. Guys want to be him. He's a charmer. He also knows gymnastics and loves doing his own stunts.. Free spirited just like Dick Grayson.

Anton Yelchin as Tim Drake

Frankie Muniz as Damian Wayne

Matt Bomer as Jason Todd.

Some might argue him playing the lead but I just think JGL is a much stronger actor. The criteria is all wrong too. He's built too big, plus he's already got the conniving/sleazy, menace to society sort of vibe going for him so there's that. Give him a grey streak of hair and you're good to go.

It would be nice if Christian Bale made some flashback cameos, in an attempt to pass the torch, so to speak. The movie's title? "Battle For the Cowl" ...Boom.

#24 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: Bomer as Todd is pretty well thought, but I think I'd like him as Grayson more.

#25 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: How do you figure? JGL>Bomer in my book.

Both an inquiring mind and a stud...c'mon son!!!

#26 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19759 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson: Matt Bomer

Jason Todd: Jensen Ackles

Tim Drake: Logan Lerman

Damian Wayne: Arsalan Ghasemi

#27 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e: Love it.

@SmoothJammin said:

@ReVamp: How do you figure? JGL>Bomer in my book.

Both an inquiring mind and a stud...c'mon son!!!

I disagree. Bomer's too intellectual for Todd.

#28 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

i always saw Nightwing as Ian Somerhalder. don`t get me wrong he`s a terrible actor but he has to looks of Nw.

#29 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dhor said:

i always saw Nightwing as Ian Somerhalder. don`t get me wrong he`s a terrible actor but he has to looks of Nw.

He does kind of look like the part.

#30 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19759 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Thanks Vampy ^__^

#31 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

Thanks Vampy ^__^

It got everything right. Maybe Ackles is kinda wrong, but the rest are really spot on.

#32 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19759 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

Thanks Vampy ^__^

It got everything right. Maybe Ackles is kinda wrong, but the rest are really spot on.

I know, he is a little bit too old but I figured since he voiced Jason ~

#33 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

Thanks Vampy ^__^

I know, but I can't see him acting Jason all that well, but I guess he could.

#34 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19759 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

Thanks Vampy ^__^

He's a good actor.

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

Thanks Vampy ^__^

He's a good actor.

Because you've clearly got an unbiased opinion, obviously.

#36 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19759 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

Thanks Vampy ^__^

He's a good actor.

-___- he is though.

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

@rogue_mar1e said:

@ReVamp said:

Thanks Vampy ^__^

He's a good actor.

-___- he is though.

House is a great actor, but it doesn't mean he could play Tim Drake... But yeah, I get you point.

#38 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e: PERFECT!!

#39 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e: Nooooo what's with all the Bomer love? The guy is a serious douchebag imo. Just sayin. Ackles as Jason, reaaally? lol to each their own I suppose. That Ghasemi kid was actually the one I wanted to cast as Damian, but his name escaped me so I threw malcom in the middle up there instead. Overall I like it, save boner :l

@Rabbit_May_Cry: Hey good to see you again Rab. Glad you can join us dude

#40 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Bomer is a pretty badass dude man. He has that natural "swag" and aloofness kinda shiet going.

#41 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

He was solid during his 15 min of fame in JT's 'In Time' movie. I just don't believe he evokes the same magnetism of a Joseph Gordon Levitt, who has a name and credible acting resume. Not yet atleast. I watch White Collar on occasion and everytime dude pops up on the screen I feel like I'm watching a toolbag in a fedora. Why all the hype? If this guy farts in silent room of people, which one of you would point a finger at yourself??

#42 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

He was solid during his 15 min of fame in JT's 'In Time' movie. I just don't believe he evokes the same magnetism of a Joseph Gordon Levitt, who has a name and credible acting resume. Not yet atleast. I watch White Collar on occasion and everytime dude pops up on the screen I feel like I'm watching a toolbag in a fedora. Why all the hype? If this guy farts in silent room of people, which one of you would point a finger at yourself??

I freackin' loved The Batman. God... We need a new Batman Cartoon soon. And please make it something better than TB&TB.

#43 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Hey.. I liked Brave and the Bold :l

#44 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@ReVamp: Hey.. I liked Brave and the Bold :l

I did too, but it doesn't fill my Batman needs. It filled other needs, just not those.

#45 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12616 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

Dick Grayson: Matt Bomer

Jason Todd: Jensen Ackles

Tim Drake: Logan Lerman

Damian Wayne: Arsalan Ghasemi

I like most of your Robins casting, but Jason Todd looks older that Dick in this one, also Ackles is almost as old as Christian Bale.

So i would say Thoma Dekker or Ezra Miller for Jason Todd.

Also Jasper Newell could play Damain Wayne.

#46 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: Ackles' age is irrelevant, really...

#47 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12616 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: So there is nothing weird, with the whole young people acting as older people and old people acting as younger

I mean many people, hates the fact Hollywood haves a bunch of guy at their 50s, 30s and 40s doing all the job of older and younger actors.

Also the reason why people want Ackles as Jason, is the logic that his acting of Jason, it would be as good as is voice acting, under that idea Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill should act the roles in a live action movie.

#48 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: There's nothing wrong with it, no. I can't remember, but there's this guy in his late twenties/early thirties that plays the role of a kid all the time.

#49 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12616 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: There's nothing wrong with it, no. I can't remember, but there's this guy in his late twenties/early thirties that plays the role of a kid all the time.

Matthew Broderick AKA Mommy my wife is a horse.

Kirsten Bell is playing younger people, but main reason is becuase she looks to damn young, also Elijah Wood but he is a Hobbit.

#50 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

Torques was better just as Dudley Soames. Nightwing's first run suffered from a poor rogue gallery. Shrike was good, Blockbuster had moments. But please not Torque, just Dudley Soames.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.