Nightwing in the New 52

• 97 results
#51 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@DEGRAAF said:

you think they are going to train one of them?

Him? I think they're definitely going to try.

@SmoothJammin said:

I'd rather Dick rely on a cybernetic suit then gain super powers

Yeah, but he isn't going to, now is he?

Which comic ar eyou reading that you think that will happen in? He hasn't dealt them in his comic so much.

Im actually surprised that his suit isnt more upgraded

#52 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: You haven't read the #7s, have you?

#53 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Nightwing #7? lol no but just from that it sounds like your ready to prove me wrong

#54 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Or Batman. Both of them serve, though Nightwing proves the feasibility more.

#55 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: lol thanks i will pick those up today

#56 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Definitely do, I assumed you had read them. Then this will all make sense.

#57 Edited by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: lol no i picked up Nightwing #6 2 weeks ago so i didnt think Nightwing #7 was out yet

#58 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Are you looking forwards to the Night of Owls crossover? Also, what did you think of issue 7?

#59 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Go read them, then thank me later.

#60 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@DEGRAAF: Are you looking forwards to the Night of Owls crossover? Also, what did you think of issue 7?

Iam looking forward to it, i haven't read #7 yet

@ReVamp said:

@DEGRAAF: Go read them, then thank me later.

lol i planned on doing that today after i buy them on my lunch break

#61 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Okay. I'll just wait. I hope you didn't get spoiled yet.

#62 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: i love spoilers. I dont run from them if I see a thread with them i even tend to go looking for them at times.

#63 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: I hope that it won't be the case now though.

#64 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: why?

#65 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Because it deserves you reading it.

#66 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Im going to read it any ways. Spoilers jsut make me more excited to read it

#67 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Fair enough, LOL.

#68 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, it is one of my favorite titles for the New 52. It surprised me to be a great title because at first I did not have high expectations for the title.

#69 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

Personally, it is one of my favorite titles for the New 52. It surprised me to be a great title because at first I did not have high expectations for the title.

Ish 5 is what did it for me.

#70 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: sooo.... I just got done reading Nightwing and Batman #7...

#71 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: See why I said he may get powers?

#72 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: sounds like he would have to die to get them or have electric shock therapy. IT is pretty cool but i would like more details on the matter (im sure i will get them in the next issue) Unless they really expand on it turn it in to a big part of Dicks life i thik it will be dropped with no real mention after this arc.

#73 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Yeah, probably.

#74 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it but it didn't serve anything big until the recent #7.

#75 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: so what would his powers be? Healing and thats it?

#76 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: and Enhanced Stats.

#77 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: would be cool since it wouldnt be major changes but more like changes that enhance Roy or Green Arrows real kid (Connor Hawke but pre-new 52 obviously)

#78 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Not sure...

#79 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: not sure about what?

#80 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Him getting powers is a good thing...

#81 Posted by The Stegman (23041 posts) - - Show Bio

It started off shaky at first, wasn't sure if I'd like it, but at about issue 4 or five, it really started picking up the pace, and is now pretty awesome, however I wish they would show Dick's martial arts prowess more, he's working a bit TOO hard fighting some of these villains.

#82 Edited by richardjohngrayson (414 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he will get powers I think Dick will "die" and Bruce will bring him back Talon style and it will burn out what he has left of the Talon powers (because the tooth is gone)

#83 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: ok, i would say it better as i like these powers over any powers possibly given to him. If he got the powers of the Talons i would guess he would be higher then his stats are now but lower then Captain America

#84 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@ReVamp: ok, i would say it better as i like these powers over any powers possibly given to him. If he got the powers of the Talons i would guess he would be higher then his stats are now but lower then Captain America

I'd guess they'd be higher than Cap. Batman = Cap in my book.

#85 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: really? I kind of thought that too but i thought i was the only one. I know Cap is supposed to be at the peak physical condition in every way for a human but even just on his page they say "he can run a mile in roughly a minute" (so 60 mph), "bench press 1,200 lbs", "fall 200ft (from an airplane to on top of a car) with no discomfort". Also state "in recent comics Captain America has been classified as having superhuman strength and agility". And finally " Captain America is immune or highly resistant to many diseases and increasing the speed at which he heals from injuries and recuperates from illness"

Batman seems more like he could bench 500-600lbs and run 20-23 mph and would survive a 200ft fall and would probably keep fighting too but would have broken bones and concussion most likely

#86 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: Well, he has been classified as "Enhanced" as a retcon because everyone else was peak human, which brought the question, what was the true use of the Super-Soldier serum? Regardless, I've always saw them as equals somewhat, but if someone wants to prove me wrong with feats then I'd be happy to be educated.

#87 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are you guys surmising Dick will get Talon powers?

#88 Posted by X9 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick + powers = Are you kidding me ¬¬?

Hahaha

#89 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Where are you guys surmising Dick will get Talon powers?

Pure Speculation.

#90 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: I don't get it either. I'd stop reading if it came down to that

#91 Posted by X9 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

True story...

#92 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@X9: I don't get it either. I'd stop reading if it came down to that

No you wouldn't, stop lying =P

#93 Edited by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: They've already perverted the character enough. I like to think I've gained an attachment to Dick Grayson. Another major change is just pressing on my emotional hot buttons. Whoa that sounded creepy.

#94 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Perverted. Where you getting that from?

#95 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

They deaged him for one. It's like he's back at square one, and he doesn't feel like the Nightwing I'm used to reading. His origins are completely altered. He's basically a fan-friendly hero for new readers, which is fine, but I miss oldschool Wing. Wolfman's debut of the character kicks this ones ass.

#96 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I feel that too, but... Oh well. Grats on the 1k posts though bro.

#97 Edited by edwardx1 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

They ruined him! One of the best things about Dick Grayson Pre-52 was his connection to the entire DCU. He was the heart of them all. He was the closest one to Batman, was the leader of several teams, and was just iconic!

So here comes the New 52. Dick was not the Robin that founded the Teen Titans, thus his career as a leader never was launched. He was never Bruce Wayne's ward which takes away their closeness. He is normally solo now, he isn't with Babs, everything that we loved about him is gone. I mean it was bad enough they took away his growth into Batman, but now they take away his growth as his own hero? They take away his team. His relationships. His blue! Whenever I think about it I just pray really hard that the New 52 will just go away.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.