Nightwing in the New 52

• 97 results
#1 Posted by X9 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

So...any comments about it?

#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9174 posts) - - Show Bio

It is one of my favorite series for the Dc Reboot

#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (7895 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have liked for him to have a more updated and modern suit and tech (basically i think he should have had Bruce waynes "Crysis: the Video Game" suit) and should have stuck with the blue and black coloring. I still dont think the red looks good. Other then that i like the way he is portrayed

#4 Posted by The Stegman (25002 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty good..although I don't know how long this circus thing can last

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92843 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, but I'm not satisfied with a variety of things in the book.

#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive been back and forth with this title...just not sure between this and DAredevil

#8 Edited by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I am getting it but hate the red, miss the blue, some of the new books are aweful like the issue where he takes on a demon to save the clown I feel it is moving to slow like a good part of the new 52, so its good but slow

#9 Edited by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very good..not great, but getting there. I sort of feel like the carny arc was huge filler for bigger things. The sooner he steps foot in Gotham the sooner I'll feel at ease. Hey guys, did you know? Dick Grayson grew up in a circus!?

#10 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped it at issue 4, it was meh. Might be better now though

#11 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not liking his first main villain and that's usually what I'm interested in, the antagonist the hero faces.

#12 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: *Gasp* You eat ur cake and you like it young man!

@Steps: 7 and 8 and penultimate fodder for what's to come, so sit tight.. cuz there ain't no gettin offa this train we're on!.

#13 Posted by X9 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

"Hey guys, did you know? Dick Grayson grew up in a circus?"

Haha, actually yes and I think it says a lot about the character's personality :)

And I agree with you, guys, I miss the blue uniform. Especially because ex- sidekicks have this weird crush on red stuff: Red Arrow, Red Robin, Red Hood...

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Issue 5 brought it home, I wasn't liking it too much at first too. I'd reconsider if I were you, but I am the biggest Dick Grayson fanboy in all of existence, yada yada yada, so my opinion's clearly biased.

#15 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

Haha, actually yes and I think it says a lot about the character's personality :)

And I agree with you, guys, I miss the blue uniform. Especially because ex- sidekicks have this weird crush on red stuff: Red Arrow, Red Robin, Red Hood...

Come to think about it the new Aqualad does have a red shirt.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

But he's an actual Sidekick, isn't he?

#17 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@BlackArmor said:

Issue 5 brought it home, I wasn't liking it too much at first too. I'd reconsider if I were you, but I am the biggest Dick Grayson fanboy in all of existence, yada yada yada, so my opinion's clearly biased.

I'll move it to the top of the pile for books I have to give a second chance, but with wave 2 and AVX coming I don't know when I'll get to it.

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@ReVamp said:

@BlackArmor said:

I'll move it to the top of the pile for books I have to give a second chance, but with wave 2 and AVX coming I don't know when I'll get to it.

I mean, don't take my word for it. Issue 5 in itself isn't anything really, but the reveal at the end made my week when it was released, lol.

#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12011 posts) - - Show Bio

Being that I am a huge Dick Grayson fanboy, I love it. However, I want the blue back in the suit. I don't like the red.

#20 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

Can't be too sure now with the new 52.

#21 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@BlackArmor said:

@ReVamp said:

@BlackArmor said:

I mean, don't take my word for it. Issue 5 in itself isn't anything really, but the reveal at the end made my week when it was released, lol.

I'm sorry my eyes blocked out the rest upon reading this and instantly the memories came crashing home like waves. Nostalgia Bomb

The reveal is def. some heavy stuff wingnuts. If you've not read it, you deserve to pinch some raw chicken between your knees for hours on end and yelp like a little school girl to repent for your sins. That sort of lazy behavior is frowned upon round these parts. All I can say is thank you Bruce, for adopting Dickie. You are truly a man's man.

#22 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@ReVamp said:

@BlackArmor said:

@ReVamp said:

@BlackArmor said:

I'm sorry my eyes blocked out the rest upon reading this and instantly the memories came crashing home like waves. Nostalgia Bomb

The reveal is def. some heavy stuff wingnuts. If you've not read it, you deserve to pinch some raw chicken between your knees for hours on end and yelp like a little school girl to repent for your sins. That sort of lazy behavior is frowned upon round these parts. All I can say is thank you Bruce, for adopting Dickie. You are truly a man's man.

Just saying that I'm not arrogant enough to think that my word should make him read it.

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

That doesn't make sense, he hasn't even appeared in the New 52.

#24 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

I mean on if his role is still a sidekick. I mean iirc the guy doing TT wanted him in TT but apparently DC has other plans for the character. Plus I doubt they'll change his color scheme.

#25 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: No comment on the chicken thing but......Between the Lions FTW. Reading Rainbow was second best

#26 Posted by Telcalipoca (959 posts) - - Show Bio

not great and if i werent a fan of the character i would have stop but im here hoping it gets more villains or something.i think i remember an article here in the vine on what the new 52 would bring to dick. if he would stay in gotham, go to a different city, or crazy idea travel along with the circus and do his hero thing where ever the circus took him. the last part was what id consider the worst outcome that could wait him and stupid in trying to keep his identity a secret. so i havent seen this series with any hope

#27 Posted by cbishop (8652 posts) - - Show Bio

Also not a fan of the red in the costume - the design looks too much like Batwoman's. I like Nightwing most out of the New 52 series, but that's mostly because I collected the previous series, and this feels a lot like that. I think Bludhaven and the villains that came with it were the best things about the old series though, and that's still gone, so it still feels like a lot is missing from Nightwing and Nightwing.

#28 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

I mean on if his role is still a sidekick. I mean iirc the guy doing TT wanted him in TT but apparently DC has other plans for the character. Plus I doubt they'll change his color scheme.

So you're agreeing with me then?

#29 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@ReVamp: No comment on the chicken thing but......Between the Lions FTW. Reading Rainbow was second best

Wait, what? Are you making a pun?

#30 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

Why red?

#31 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

On what exactly

#32 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

On what exactly

On the fact that he's a sidekick?

#33 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

On what exactly

Partially, I still need to see his new 52 incarnation to determine if I consider him as a sidekick.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@ReVamp said:

@Steps said:

@X9 said:

On what exactly

Partially, I still need to see his new 52 incarnation to determine if I consider him as a sidekick.

That means you consider him a sidekick unless he's changed in the New 52 -- which is exactly what I said.

#35 Posted by PunchDance (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying the New 52 Nightwing so far, but I am a Dick Grayson fanboy.

#36 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunchDance: WOOOOT Join the Nightwing express yaa yeaaaa

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunchDance said:

I'm enjoying the New 52 Nightwing so far, but I am a Dick Grayson fanboy.

I can safely say you're the only one. I think the beginning was lack luster though, but its definitely getting much better. It immediately got better by the finale of ish 5.

#38 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see next issue... REALLY. Is anyone else hyping it up?

#40 Posted by Batmandemon23 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how they're bringing back the roots of his upbringing. BUT, i don't like the red on his costume because the blue made him stand out among all the former robins(such as RED hood and RED robin). I also like how he is getting his own set of villains just so he feels like his own hero instead of a robin with an original name and costume

#41 Edited by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you God, for blessing the world with Kyle Higgins. His writing is like a little slice of heaven and on rainy days like these I thoroughly enjoy reading Nightwing because it makes me feel very happy. Please keep him healthy and unharmed! I hold him in my prayers as I do my family and friends here on CV. I love you so much Lord. Amen.

#42 Posted by DEGRAAF (7895 posts) - - Show Bio

I love nightwing as a character but i am extremely interested in the Court of Owls saying he was supposed to become one of them. I know it would never happen but i would like to see dick train under them (as well as Damien train under them too)

#43 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: You're nuts lol. jk

Seriously! What's wrong with Batman's training??

#44 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said: @SmoothJammin:

I love nightwing as a character but i am extremely interested in the Court of Owls saying he was supposed to become one of them. I know it would never happen but i would like to see dick train under them (as well as Damien train under them too)

I'd be interested to see them gain his powers, I think its definitely where they're heading with this.

#45 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather Dick rely on a cybernetic suit then gain super powers

#46 Posted by X9 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want none of this to happen...

#47 Posted by DEGRAAF (7895 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@DEGRAAF said: @SmoothJammin:

I'd be interested to see them gain his powers, I think its definitely where they're heading with this.

you think they are going to train one of them?

@SmoothJammin said:

I would like to see him with a cybernetic suit as well, but who said anything about super powers?

#48 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

you think they are going to train one of them?

Him? I think they're definitely going to try.

@SmoothJammin said:

Yeah, but he isn't going to, now is he?

#49 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:*Shrugs* What makes the batfamily so great is that they don't need any enhancers.

#50 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@ReVamp:*Shrugs* What makes the batfamily so great is that they don't need any enhancers.

Yeah. I guess. If anything he's going to get a small HF. I'm not sure whether I like this or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.